Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters Whole Bean Filter Coffee, 340g (3/4 lb) $8.75

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2018 9:37 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 2, 2014
20 posts
46 upvotes
CALGARY

[Amazon Canada] Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters Whole Bean Filter Coffee, 340g (3/4 lb) $8.75

***Update: Click & save coupon only now available for P&S Decaf (separate item on Amazon). Price for The Standard is now $14.75 for a savings of $5***

"The Standard" roast is pictured in their main photo but one reviewer stated they got a different kind. Also a few reviewers indicated they received beans roasted a couple of months previously. Roll of the dice, I guess.

Regular price $19.75 (!!! not even from a civet's arse), marked down to $14.75 but there's also one of those "coupons" you just click the box for, in this case an extra 6 bucks off.

I'm not a coffee expert, unlike many on RFD, so I'll probably pick some up but I get it if it's not worth the potential risk to you guys of ending up with nasty stale coffee dust.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by djroomba on Sep 26th, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
76 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2037 posts
243 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Thanks! I love Phil & Sebastian and it NEVER goes on sale on their website. When did Amazon start selling Phil & Sebastian and Detour? Detour is pretty good but also quite expensive.
May 31, 2016
27 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks OP! In for 1. I'd buy more if the coupon applied to quantities > 1.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4897 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
Was able to buy multiples buy doing separate purchases. Thanks OP! Great find.
*Also, who downvoted this deal? A $20 bag of speciality coffee from one of the best roasters in Canada for $8.75 is a great deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1172 posts
274 upvotes
Montreal, QC
djroomba wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 2:25 am
"The Standard" roast is pictured in their main photo but one reviewer stated they got a different kind. Also a few reviewers indicated they received beans roasted a couple of months previously. Roll of the dice, I guess.

Regular price $19.75 (!!! not even from a civet's arse), marked down to $14.75 but there's also one of those "coupons" you just click the box for, in this case an extra 6 bucks off.

I'm not a coffee expert, unlike many on RFD, so I'll probably pick some up but I get it if it's not worth the potential risk to you guys of ending up with nasty stale coffee dust.
that one reviewer is picky. filter coffee is just that, beans roasted for filter. anyway, hopefully, no one is getting months old beans. anything over 6 weeks is pretty much undrinkable unless it's Scandinavian roasters. it can be used as experiment and cold brew but even that, you're better off getting a freshly pull cup at a café that offers P&S if you never tried P&S
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1467 posts
1547 upvotes
Was about to get it, then I read the reviews :(.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1433 posts
699 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
How good is this coffee? how is it compared to kicking horse coffee
Sep 28, 2004
967 posts
119 upvotes
earthpetal wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 8:03 am
Significantly better but I might be a coffee snob. Phil and Sebastian are really good roasters. Their coffee usually sells for way more and is worth it. Just know that it isn't possible to tell when the beans you receive we're roasted. That may matter to some people. At this price it is fine but at normal prices you don't want 4+ week old beans.
Last edited by samj1 on Sep 26th, 2018 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2013
64 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
earthpetal wrote:
I personally find it too acidic. Tried different brewing methods, but still didn't like it.

I love how smooth Kicking Horse is. My goto coffee.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1596 posts
248 upvotes
Kitchener
Deal dead? I don't see any coupon.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1172 posts
274 upvotes
Montreal, QC
earthpetal wrote:
not exactly the same. in short, you need to look at flavor profile and what notes do you like in your coffee. typically, when people say I like my coffee to taste like coffee, we're talking chocolate and caramel notes. if that's what you enjoy, go toward that. since you can't choose on Amazon, best to buy in a café.

people who drink speciality coffee usually enjoy the different flavors that can be found which go towards berries, citrus and floral. to some, they may find it too "acidic"
Nov 23, 2015
35 posts
41 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
"Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon."

Whenever I try to add the $6 coupon.
Sep 6, 2008
13 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Anyone else not seeing the coupon for the extra $5 off?
Aug 27, 2017
81 posts
47 upvotes
Has to be a catch here. Probably roast dates or they errored a batch or two, although it could be that they're just trying to flash-market.

These guys are one of the best in Canada along with guys like Rosso. LOLed at comparing Kicking Horse to this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)