Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Philips Hue Sale (White and Color Ambiance and White Ambiance)

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2018 12:46 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14352 posts
15708 upvotes
Oil Country

[Amazon.ca] Philips Hue Sale (White and Color Ambiance and White Ambiance)

I noticed a bunch of Philips Hue light bulbs on sale on Amazon.ca.

Philips Hue White & Colour Ambiance A19 4 Pack Starter Kit
$199.99 $249.99 (Same price as Home Depot, but Home Depot is also including a free dimmer switch)

Philips White Ambiance A19 2 Pack Retail Hue White 60W Equivalent Dimmable LED Smart Bulb
$53.95 $61.99 (all-time low on Amazon.ca)

Philips Hue White & Colour Ambiance PAR16 LED Smart Bulb
$59.99 $78.00

Philips Hue White Ambiance GU10 2 Pack Dimmable LED Smart Flood Lights
$59.99 $77.99
Last edited by fudge_u on Apr 15th, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
57 replies
Dec 22, 2001
942 posts
199 upvotes
I don’t see the dimmer switch. Not included anymore?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
boojew wrote: I don’t see the dimmer switch. Not included anymore?
Where it says dimmer switch included?

Also, is it worth it to get white and colour ambiance instead of just white ambiance?
Last edited by anotherbargainhunter on Apr 17th, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2622 upvotes
boojew wrote: I don’t see the dimmer switch. Not included anymore?
It will show on checkout
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
3164 posts
3358 upvotes
57330 downvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: Where it says dimmer switch included?

Also, is it worth it to get white and colour ambiance instead of just white ambiance?

Worth it? I dont know, is it worth it for you? I have the colour ambiance for certain locations, where I put my computer and the bedroom, everywhere else uses the ambiance that only goes from cool>warm
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2622 upvotes
KiraSensei wrote: Image

Worth it? I dont know, is it worth it for you? I have the colour ambiance for certain locations, where I put my computer and the bedroom, everywhere else uses the ambiance that only goes from cool>warm
Not worth it. To me, the dimmer is only worth $15. Nevertheless, it is still a decent deal if you want one now.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
KiraSensei wrote: Image

I think Home Depot ebates is 2% and BB only 1%
Not sure about Amazon
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8251 posts
5752 upvotes
Are these worth the price? I have lots of lights that would need to be replaced
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2622 upvotes
$173.99 USED at Amazon.ca. First click wins. Lol

Got one last week for $143.99 and in an almost perfect condition. So be on the lookout for warehouse deals.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2622 upvotes
BigJonsson wrote: Are these worth the price? I have lots of lights that would need to be replaced
If you're as lazy as me. Then yes it is worth it. Lol I was crazy enough to switch almost all of my bulbs to hue and integrate it with 7 motion sensors... The only switches I flick now are washrooms and the tube lights in the kitchen.
Nov 1, 2012
234 posts
266 upvotes
Kamloops
BigJonsson wrote: Are these worth the price? I have lots of lights that would need to be replaced
My favorite thing about these smart light bulbs is you can pair it with a Google Home Mini to control it.

I have one in a lamp in my room and the best thing is to be able to read in bed then turn off the lights without having to get out of bed.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8251 posts
5752 upvotes
I do have a Google Home Mini but that's a lot of money for lights, maybe just a few for certain rooms would be good
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4960 posts
6861 upvotes
GTA
Aknoon wrote:
I have one in a lamp in my room and the best thing is to be able to read in bed then turn off the lights without having to get out of bed.
So the Hue is just an expensive Clapper? :)
Jan 2, 2012
117 posts
35 upvotes
Got excited but the gu10's are regular price at 60 for two. :(
Feb 25, 2018
66 posts
4 upvotes
Is the:

PHILIPS 456673 Hue LED Bulb PAR16, Multi-Colour or Hue White & Colour Ambiance A19 4 Pack Starter Kit (Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple Home Kit and Google Assistant)

the equivalent of:

LIFX (A19) Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb, Adjustable, Multicolor, Dimmable, No Hub Required (Works with Amazon Alexa)?

Which is better value for coloured lights: PHILIPS 456673 Hue LED Bulb PAR16, Multi-Colour or Hue White & Colour Ambiance A19 4 Pack Starter Kit (Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple Home Kit and Google Assistant)?
Nov 1, 2012
234 posts
266 upvotes
Kamloops
Kfox wrote: So the Hue is just an expensive Clapper? :)
Basically with the included cool factor
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
short answer no.
long answer, get the one with HUB first or invest in a 3rd party HUB (ST or Wink)
then your choice of bulb will be expanded, like Sengled, IKEA etc
so bulb can be bought around 10ish each, specially around Xmas

I am sure you are aware of the fact that sometimes use a smart switch is cheaper than replacing bulbs.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
3233 posts
1383 upvotes
Quebec
Kfox wrote: So the Hue is just an expensive Clapper? :)
I wouldn't say that imo

(People are free to correct me)

Hue are the best system for iditios like me that want smart light. And it's not that less cheap.

Here are 2 situation, once again correct me if i'm wrong.

Philips hue cost 19$ for a normal White bult. Since they are Zigbee with the hub and so is ther dimmer. You can 'condamn' your light switch, aka but the 2 cables together to keep the swithc always on, and replace the swithc with an empty receptacle and put the Dimmer there, and you can control the lights you want. So you can add more lights to your room then what your switch was configured before. So for 2 lights, it's 19.99X2 + 29.99 (for the dimmer)

Sitaution 2 for the same exemple

You buy 2 Sengled light which are like 12$ each. To control them you'll probably need a lutron switch which is almost 50$ here iirc and i'm prett y sure that the leutron switch will only power on the light that is connected to the switch, so kinda useless if you add more lights (you'll be foreced to use the app, which kinda sucks if you have guests)

So just for that my money is on Philips hue
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
raptors64 wrote: Is the:

PHILIPS 456673 Hue LED Bulb PAR16, Multi-Colour or Hue White & Colour Ambiance A19 4 Pack Starter Kit (Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple Home Kit and Google Assistant)

the equivalent of:

LIFX (A19) Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb, Adjustable, Multicolor, Dimmable, No Hub Required (Works with Amazon Alexa)?

Which is better value for coloured lights: PHILIPS 456673 Hue LED Bulb PAR16, Multi-Colour or Hue White & Colour Ambiance A19 4 Pack Starter Kit (Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple Home Kit and Google Assistant)?
I would like to know this too
😃

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)