Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Phillips OneBlade Shaver $35.99 (Reg $44.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2017 5:44 pm
Jun 25, 2007
106 posts
12 upvotes
Scarborough
ssjlancer wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 7:50 pm
Tried this but it doesnt seem to work on asian hair unfortunetly.
Can you elaborate your experience?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1475 posts
326 upvotes
Am I missing something about this? I tried it thinking it'd be a nice travel solution, but so far I am underwhelmed. If you want to shave dry with it, you don't get a close shave and it shoots hair everywhere unlike other electrics. If you are going to shave wet in the shower, you'll get an as good if not better shave with a cheap Dorco. If you're going to use cream/soap/oil, it's more satisfying and cost-effective to use a double-edge safety razor. I'm happy people are enjoying it, but it seems like a solution in search of a problem.
Mar 10, 2012
231 posts
244 upvotes
PEACHLAND
unshavenyak wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 2:23 pm
Am I missing something about this? I tried it thinking it'd be a nice travel solution, but so far I am underwhelmed. If you want to shave dry with it, you don't get a close shave and it shoots hair everywhere unlike other electrics. If you are going to shave wet in the shower, you'll get an as good if not better shave with a cheap Dorco. If you're going to use cream/soap/oil, it's more satisfying and cost-effective to use a double-edge safety razor. I'm happy people are enjoying it, but it seems like a solution in search of a problem.
This is not meant to shave Yaks, sorry
Apr 18, 2017
80 posts
47 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote:
Am I missing something about this?......................but it seems like a solution in search of a problem.
yeah, its not the closest shave, but its a great all in one solution for me.
It keeps the beard and stache detailed and trimmed to length, and shave my neckline and cheeks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
8997 posts
576 upvotes
Mississauga
So what is the consensus best version as someone pointed out there are different ones being sold?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1925 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote:
Put it this way, it's not a portable razor, it's mean for home but can be used elsewhere given how tiny it is. As far as the disposable razor goes, why even bother if you have a DE razor. With it, you can use one in the shower too and simply do touch ups afterwards on anything you missed.

However unlike the DE razor, it takes much less time to get a good shave from the looks of it. So with the drawback of buying razor heads and not having some sort of hair catch like regular electric razors, this thing seems to be better than any of your suggested sollutions
That's not a knife!