[Amazon Canada] Please delete

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2018 1:37 pm
Mar 6, 2011
65 posts
26 upvotes
guessguy wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:40 pm
you could get from them directly but you'd miss on the 50% rebate. Has to be Canadian retailer.
Makes sense. No rebate in my lovely province...

I'm kinda jealous now
May 22, 2017
76 posts
34 upvotes
any one have recommendation on electrician? halton or peel region.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2650 posts
877 upvotes
GTA
LoveRFD wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:16 pm
What larger EVs are you referring to? I'm not sure about the Tesla, but for all the other EVs, they pretty much all use a 7.2kw on bard charger and a 240V/30A EVSE is perfect for it. You don't need a 40A EVSE.
Agreed, those with 30A output are just fine.
Feb 15, 2004
428 posts
50 upvotes
Newmarket
modelerIII wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:16 pm
any one have recommendation on electrician? halton or peel region.
PMed you. Too bad they don't serve Newmarket area.

Any recommendation for installer that serve GTA? Thanks.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18371 posts
285 upvotes
YVR
What comes after L2? Is L2 the fastest possible charging option for residential use?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1109 posts
142 upvotes
Milton
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:42 am
What comes after L2? Is L2 the fastest possible charging option for residential use?
For residential use, most common and cost effective is L2.
L3 chargers are also known as DC Fast Chargers. Primarily commercial installations. Your EV has to support DCFC to make use of the quick charging capability (most new EVs do now).
Aug 27, 2004
236 posts
12 upvotes
Has anyone received their rebate from the Government? I'm still waiting for mine....
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18371 posts
285 upvotes
YVR
neptune wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:46 am
For residential use, most common and cost effective is L2.
L3 chargers are also known as DC Fast Chargers. Primarily commercial installations. Your EV has to support DCFC to make use of the quick charging capability (most new EVs do now).
Thanks for the quick response. Where can I learn more about electric charging options for BC? I heard that in BC there are commercial electric charging stations. I think Chargepoint is one of them if I'm not mistaken? Yet, I couldn't find the rates with a two second search. Is it cheap to charge at commercial installations rather than at home?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1109 posts
142 upvotes
Milton
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:49 am
Thanks for the quick response. Where can I learn more about electric charging options for BC? I heard that in BC there are commercial electric charging stations. I think Chargepoint is one of them if I'm not mistaken? Yet, I couldn't find the rates with a two second search. Is it cheap to charge at commercial installations rather than at home?
Chargepoint, Flo, etc have their own networks with their own rates. Dig around on their websites and you'll get the info.
Plugndrive.ca has some very general/basic info on EVs
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4424 posts
2193 upvotes
Kitchener
Mr Sparkle wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:48 am
Has anyone received their rebate from the Government? I'm still waiting for mine....
Took about 3 months for my $650 rebate in 2014. Also, the money in my case was just direct deposited, I don't remember seeing any mail or anything.
May 22, 2017
76 posts
34 upvotes
Should I buy the product now? Can I claim rebate on the product- only before I install it?

Given my situation - detached garage and dry walled very thing - I probably gonna wire the wire myself and let electrician to hook up final touch, the wiring work gonna be long.
Aug 30, 2005
223 posts
90 upvotes
Just confirming, that the charger rebate is attached to the fact when you buy your EV? I'm moving, so I can't take my existing charger with me, will be planning on buying a new one to put into the other house.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30927 posts
7650 upvotes
GTHA
Shuja wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 10:57 am
Just confirming, that the charger rebate is attached to the fact when you buy your EV? I'm moving, so I can't take my existing charger with me, will be planning on buying a new one to put into the other house.
Only one charging station incentive may be issued per eligible vehicle.

from http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/ ... _guide.pdf

Eligibility for Incentives under the Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive Program

The applicant is required to have received an incentive under Ontario’s Electric Vehicle Incentive Program (the “EVIP”), and be in compliance with all the terms and conditions of EVIP, to be eligible for this Program. Only one charging station incentive may be issued per eligible vehicle.

Each electric vehicle charging station must be associated with the purchase or lease of an eligible electric vehicle. An applicant is only eligible for as many electric vehicle charging incentives as the number of electric vehicle incentives the applicant received pursuant to the EVIP.
Mar 19, 2006
915 posts
272 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:39 am
Can I replace it with a longer cord in the future?
This one is not eligible for the Ontario rebate

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)