Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

POLK Audio OWM5 Multi-Purpose Home Theatre Speaker (White) - $113.42 + tax

Apr 8, 2006
254 posts
133 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] POLK Audio OWM5 Multi-Purpose Home Theatre Speaker (White) - $113.42 + tax

Hiya,

Speakers. Very subjective, and there are plenty of better options out there when it comes to sound quality (perhaps not at this price however). But thought I'd post this deal as I found these speakers met my particular need when setting up my home theatre.

Specifically, my room didn't have the option of getting flush in-wall/in-ceiling surround speakers. I needed to mount them, but didn't want them protruding too far. So when I came across these, my expectations were low (ie that they might sound like tinny plastic PC speakers) but I was pleased enough with the range and richness that I went ahead and used them for all 8 of my surrounds. They could also work decently as fronts/center as an alternative to a sound bar, if one was simply looking for something to replace their TV audio. Most importantly, they're wife-approved heh.

One big feature of these are the number of mounting options (9 ways out of the box, and 10 if you get a ceiling mount for them like I did)

As for the deal, for some reason only the white version is on sale, the black are regular price ($239.99). Again, great for me as I wanted white to blend better with the walls/ceiling (though it's not pure white, more like the cream shade you commonly see on PC speakers.)

Here's the Polk Product page https://www.polkaudio.com/products/owm5

I believe MSRP on these is 329.99, but regular price in Canada seems to be $239 - 259, and $199 in the U.S. Plenty of reviews can be found on the US Amazon and Best Buy sites.

FYI there is also a smaller version called the OWM3, which I have not heard and did not consider getting. The OWM3's are sold in pairs, so they end up being cheaper per speaker. Here's Amazon.ca's lowest price ($194) on Black OWM3 pairs, but that's only 11% off.
https://www.amazon.ca/Polk-Audio-Wall-S ... =polk+owm3

The white OWM5 has been at this price for awhile, so no idea when the sale price expires. if buying a set, you could benefit by waiting for an Ebates double-cashback promo or something, but no idea how much stock they have.

EDIT - neglected to mention, when I bought them they were at $126 each. And they were $124 a few days later. Now $122, and am unsure as to why! So the price may vary slightly from what I posted.

Hope that helps someone!
2 replies
Apr 8, 2006
254 posts
133 upvotes
Just resurrecting this post as I see the speakers are now priced at $113.42
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2996 posts
601 upvotes
Burnaby
looks good for the design.
MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM; AMD Ryzen 5 3600; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB + 16GB; WD Black SN770 1TB;

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)