Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Pre-order AmazonBasics High-Capacity Ni-MH 8-Pack (AA/$26.79)(AAA/$19.29)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2014 3:56 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6826 posts
1482 upvotes
Manitoba
sssscary2 wrote: I just ordered 8 AmazonBasics High-Capacity black-label batteries ... price was 22.99 ... maybe because of the free student prime membership I got ?
No, Amazon.ca dropped their prices for everybody yesterday. That should spur a bunch of buying and these could go out of stock quick. I wouldn't be surprised to see Amazon raise the price after that to hose Christmas buyers and then lower it again for Boxing Day and the like. Just guessing though.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1057 posts
509 upvotes
Ontario
Can someone tell me if the High-Capacity ones will charge fine with the first gen Eneloop charger? I have 3 of those and I'm not looking to get another charger, but could use more batteries. TIA.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
lynk wrote: The AmazonBasics white-label batteries (rebranded 2nd Gen Eneloop) were available for pre-order a month ago:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-c ... p-1526843/

Now the AmazonBasics High-Capacity black-label batteries are available for pre-order with a release date of November 15th.

These are rebranded Eneloop XX batteries. See the review by NLee the Engineer on Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/review/RIFEXDR ... B00HZV9WTM

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/f0zria.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-High- ... 1410301391

Thanks OP for sharing this deal!

I have about 32 AA-size original First-Generation Eneloops + First-Generation Duracell Duraloops (rebranded Eneloops) in total (I also have the same amount of batteries as AAA first-generation Eneloops + Duraloops).

I didn't need anymore really...but I used to use the AA batteries mostly when I go on vacation or at the Fan Expo Canada with my 4 AA battery-taking Camara to shoot pictures and MAINLY hours of Video (at the Q & A panels for example)....but the problem with the First-Gen Eneloops/Duraloops is that the Camera drains them too quickly I would have to go in a day sometimes with 2 or 3 batches of the 4xEneloops/Duraloops to shoot/video everything I wanted.

So, now I thought I might as well get these AMAZON BASICS AA High Capacity batteries (especially since they rebranded Eneloop XX batteries....and I never bought the XX versions because they were kind of expensive) and keep them mainly for any high-drain devices only...like my Camera or a an RC toy etc. (Especially since they are only rechargeable for 500 cycles instead of the 1000+ cycles of the standard first-generation batteries that I have).

So thanks again! I got 2 Packs of the 8 Amazon Basics AA High-Capacity batteries (or "Amaloops"...I like that name...as Bastich called them...LOL! :lol :) . I think 16 of those is more than enough for my Camera or any high-drain gadget that I might use later. Right?

Cheers!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Bastich wrote: Interesting find!

If these turn out to be actual rebranded Eneloops, I want to officially coin the term "Amaloops".
:cool:
I love that name, dude! "Amaloops".

I will help establish that name too by using it anytime I refer to Amazon Basic (rebranded Eneloops) batteries. :)

You have been thanked!
Mar 18, 2008
539 posts
101 upvotes
Can I use those AAA ones for my Panasonic phone? I have couple handsets that are not charging any more.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Nominee wrote: Can I use those AAA ones for my Panasonic phone? I have couple handsets that are not charging any more.
Yeah you can use these Ni-MH AAAs in Panny phones. The other stuff also work too, eneloops, duraloops, etc.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2011
2483 posts
699 upvotes
Winnipeg
Nominee wrote: Can I use those AAA ones for my Panasonic phone? I have couple handsets that are not charging any more.
Yes, I use eneloops in mine and these work the same
😉
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, you can use these Amaloops...since they are just rebranded Eneloops. It works fine.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Nominee wrote: Can I use those AAA ones for my Panasonic phone?
I don't see why not. Cordless phones typically use Ni-MH batteries. They have "regular discharge" chemistry because the battery is normally under trickle recharge. That shouldn't affect Eneloops which are also Ni-MH. But Eneloops for this application are probably overkill so I use Dollarama Sunbeams at $1/battery instead.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19151 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
8 pack of AAA, 1000 cycle AmazonBasics are $20 for me. AA is $22. Looking to use them in Panasonic home phones. I believe this is regular price and are the 3rd gen Eneloops?
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6826 posts
1482 upvotes
Manitoba
mfrania wrote: Can someone tell me if the High-Capacity ones will charge fine with the first gen Eneloop charger? I have 3 of those and I'm not looking to get another charger, but could use more batteries. TIA.
The only thing that matters is that these are all "NiMH" technology batteries and any NiMH charger charges them all. The generation of battery is irrelevant - they are all NiMH batteries, so the answer to your question is yes, any of your chargers will work.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1057 posts
509 upvotes
Ontario
woof wrote: The only thing that matters is that these are all "NiMH" technology batteries and any NiMH charger charges them all. The generation of battery is irrelevant - they are all NiMH batteries, so the answer to your question is yes, any of your chargers will work.
Thank you.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok I am very confused now after reading two threads on batteries. :(

Which ones should I be buying in your estimation? I need AA and AAA.

Black on black? :idea:
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2295 upvotes
Barrie
Thanks, didn't know about these. Picked up both AA and AAA.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
Go for the higher capacity and lower cycle times. Most of my rechargebale batteries either died/stopped keeping charge or got lost before they even reached the hundredth charging cycle. Even if you charge once a week it will take 10 years to reach 500 cycles, for the 1500 or 2000 cycles that will mean 30 years or 40 years!!!!!

I've got all kinds of rechargeables (Eneloops, Duraloops, XX) and I will only get HC LSD (XX type) from now on.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: Ok I am very confused now after reading two threads on batteries. :(

Which ones should I be buying in your estimation? I need AA and AAA.

Black on black? :idea:
Go for the High Capacity Black Amazon Basics (Amaloops) with the 500 charge cycle..they last the longest when charged.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Scorpionsy wrote: Go for the High Capacity Black Amazon Basics (Amaloops) with the 500 charge cycle..they last the longest when charged.
Thanks

Bought some, AA black and AAA black

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)