• Jul 20th, 2019 10:12 am
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18688 posts
6709 upvotes
Toronto
SuckaB wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 3:35 pm
i'd like to know if you experienced any audio lag/high latency?
I had issues where it seems like there's a temporary disconnect and reconnect. Audio stops and starts. I messaged support about this and they offered a way to reset the earbuds and I have never experienced the problem again. To do the reset, place the earbuds into the charger, confirm red LED lit on both earbuds. Place finger on the capacitive buttons on each earbud for about 10 seconds. Watch for two flashes of white on the LED. Remove earbuds from charger. They are good to go.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Aug 16, 2015
148 posts
101 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
john.canad wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 2:48 pm
how do you use the 40% off card if you already bought it
there's an email address inside the box...and all you gotta do is email it...say you want extra 40% off and give the your ordernumber...they will ask you to write a review and send them a screen shot....
Jun 1, 2006
836 posts
233 upvotes
Mississauga
jackstrap wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 11:38 am
What's the difference between those and the one from the other thread: [url=https://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon- ... s-2298702/[/url]
I was just about to finalize my order for the one's you linked to but then saw this thread and backed out, surprised at the lower price for presumably the exact same item. I looked over all the marketing material and although the graphics are slightly different, the texting is exactly the same. It was really confusing! Checked the seller and it's the same seller, everything seemed to indicate the items were the same, but then I looked at the reviews, and that's when I realized the pictures for the $36 ones are for the older model and the $49 ones are the newer one. Ended up ordering the $49 ones because I didn't want to chance getting something other than what is being marketed. I hope they are still including the card everyone is talking about for the 40% discount/refund.

Edit: Oops quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote this one:

tsaktuo1 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 10:22 am
Sorry to clutter the thread even more, but I'm interested in these.

What are the differences compared to this particular model and this $49.99 one? https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Headph ... op?ie=UTF8
Mar 16, 2018
339 posts
312 upvotes
Hamilton
j6n wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 5:14 pm
I was just about to finalize my order for the one's you linked to but then saw this thread and backed out, surprised at the lower price for presumably the exact same item. I looked over all the marketing material and although the graphics are slightly different, the texting is exactly the same. It was really confusing! Checked the seller and it's the same seller, everything seemed to indicate the items were the same, but then I looked at the reviews, and that's when I realized the pictures for the $36 ones are for the older model and the $49 ones are the newer one. Ended up ordering the $49 ones because I didn't want to chance getting something other than what is being marketed. I hope they are still including the card everyone is talking about for the 40% discount/refund.

Does seem really bizarre. Is it possible the company kept the Amazon URL for the old buds and updated it with the new airpod-cloney design, hence why the reviews don't match? It would be a pretty clear-cut return if the earbuds that aren't advertised show up. I cancelled my order this morning for the $49.99 ones and ordered the one's in the OP. I'll let you know what earbuds actually show up!
Last edited by ownthesky on Jul 16th, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
8302 posts
37 upvotes
anyone know how these compare? Besides the obvious non-stem design
Good, Fast, or Cheap: Pick Two.
Mar 16, 2018
339 posts
312 upvotes
Hamilton
rayray27 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 5:25 pm
anyone know how these compare? Besides the obvious non-stem design
Less water resistance (if you believe the highly reputable "Soundpeats" lol)
Jun 13, 2010
60 posts
51 upvotes
Canada
j6n wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 5:14 pm

I also diligently looked through both items and just found the release date and models numbers to be slightly different.

The OP's for $36:

ASIN B07PVH5BBG
Date First Available March 21 2019

The $49.99 ones:

ASIN B07S17VPPZ
Date First Available May 16 2019

What the actual differences are? Who knows. Either way, I ended up ordering the cheaper ones.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2789 posts
673 upvotes
I bought this because it says high definition mic. I used it for the meeting calls. My colleagues told me I sound like a robot to them. So i returned it. If you only use it to listen to music or watch videos, it's great with almost 0 lag. If you plan to use it for phone calls, please forget about it. I think none of the soundpeats wireless earbuds are good for phone calls.
Jun 1, 2006
836 posts
233 upvotes
Mississauga
ownthesky wrote:

Does seem really bizarre. Is it possible the company kept the Amazon URL for the old buds and updated it with the new airpod-cloney design, hence why the reviews don't match? It would be a pretty clear-cut return if the earbuds that aren't advertised show up. I cancelled my order this morning for the $49.99 ones and ordered the one's in the OP. I'll let you know what earbuds actually show up!
tsaktuo1 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 5:29 pm
I also diligently looked through both items and just found the release date and models numbers to be slightly different.

The OP's for $36:

ASIN B07PVH5BBG
Date First Available March 21 2019

The $49.99 ones:

ASIN B07S17VPPZ
Date First Available May 16 2019

What the actual differences are? Who knows. Either way, I ended up ordering the cheaper ones.
Same here, noticed Item Number, ASIN and date released differences before making purchase.
Oh also, the shipping weights are grossly different for some odd reason.

Argh. Decisions... decisions. LOL I know it's just $7 but now I'm wondering if I should cancel my order and order the cheaper ones and hope that we get the $49 ones as advertised.
I have seen a lot of Amazon reviews where people get a different item than advertised. What exactly does Amazon do in those cases (especially when it's fulfilled by Amazon)? Do they ask you to return it and then ship out the advertised item without touching the payment/invoice?
Last edited by j6n on Jul 16th, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1720 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone email and ask them for an extra code to bring the price further down? Any success?
Jun 13, 2010
60 posts
51 upvotes
Canada
j6n wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 5:40 pm
Same here, noticed Item Number, ASIN and date released differences before making purchase.
Oh also, the shipping weights are grossly different for some odd reason.

Argh. Decisions... decisions. LOL I know it's just $7 but now I'm wondering if I should cancel my order and order the cheaper ones and hope that we get the $49 ones as advertised.
I have seen a lot of Amazon reviews where people get a different item than advertised. What exactly does Amazon do in those cases (especially when it's fulfilled by Amazon)? Do they ask you to return it and then ship out the advertised item without touching the payment/invoice?
A true RFDer would always buy the cheapest one! Haha, I kid.

However, you'd have to return the original and purchase the other one. I do see your dilemma though, as you'd be missing out on the "deal". With that said, these type of budget wireless earphones probably aren't going to be outstanding. I wouldn't worry too much about which of the two versions you get, especially for a $7 difference. If they were Bose or something else higher end, then I absolutely would go for the newest model.
Jun 1, 2006
836 posts
233 upvotes
Mississauga
tsaktuo1 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 5:52 pm
A true RFDer would always buy the cheapest one! Haha, I kid.

However, you'd have to return the original and purchase the other one. I do see your dilemma though, as you'd be missing out on the "deal". With that said, these type of budget wireless earphones probably aren't going to be outstanding. I wouldn't worry too much about which of the two versions you get, especially for a $7 difference. If they were Bose or something else higher end, then I absolutely would go for the newest model.
You know what haha, I cancelled my order and ordered the cheaper ones. Crossing my fingers.
I agree with your comment about not being outstanding. I'm actually expecting to be somewhat disappointed after learning about the the 40% discount for a good review. So in that vein, I really want to keep my investment as low as possible.

Anyway, I figured cancelling and ordering the the $36 was the path to take. It's a win-win. If I get the $49 ones for $36, I win. If I get the $36 ones I atleast have a chance to check them out for a bit and can return them for a full refund arguing that I didn't get what's advertised. I never tried wireless earbuds before so I don't know what to expect at this point.
They are actually for my mom who will use them to watch tv, so sound quality isn't that much of a priority. Tried a couple of headphones but they all give her discomfort on the ears and crown of her head. Hoping something like these will alleviate that.
Nov 17, 2015
59 posts
77 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
For a review comparison, these guys do a fantastic job.

Jun 1, 2006
836 posts
233 upvotes
Mississauga
ownthesky wrote:
I'll let you know what earbuds actually show up!
tsaktuo1 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 5:29 pm
Mine arrived today. Glad you two convinced me to cancel and reorder because they actually sent me the $49.99 ones. Saved an extra $7 and it came with the 40% off coupon in the box. They actually work better than I expected too!