• Jul 18th, 2015 2:53 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10977 upvotes
Scarbs
coupondiva2012 wrote: Just thinkin'. If we let them know we were not impressed, and that we know that .com and walmart.com had better deals, do you think they would do a substitute Canadian deal day? Say September?
Won't hurt to ask.
I don't think it was that much better in the states =/
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Only Amazon Japan has many good products in the prime day although I don't know if price is good or not there, but there was at least over 1650 deals had sold out. I guess deal must be good.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
The reason there aren't good electronics deals is simply because manufacturers are working toward having inventory available for back-to-school and then the holiday season. I have to plan my manufacturing and shipping schedule months in advance.

That said, it is rather shocking that Amazon didn't approach manufacturers a few months ago to help them move inventory - I'm sure Acer could have sold several thousand Chromebooks today, for example. But perhaps the numbers just didn't work for them.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
blainehamilton wrote: Y2k was the last time something was hyped up this much and failed to deliver....
I beg to differ.

In the last 5 years alone:
Boxing Day 2010
Boxing Day 2011
Black Friday 2012
Boxing Day 2012
Black Friday 2013
Boxing Day 2013
Black Friday 2014
Boxing Day 2014

Many called it a dud ahead of time based on an ounce of logic and a gram of retail history knowledge but the typical RFDers had to circle jerk for a week thinking they'd be selling laptops and PS4's 90% below cost.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
2294 posts
719 upvotes
Nova Scotia
I don't it isn't just amazon, its everywhere in Canada. Even Hot Deals has been sparse with anything crazy in the past few years. I can't remember seeing a Stooples YMMV thread in a long time. All the banking and cell phone signups have reworded their terms to fee-free cancellations. First world problems :P
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1251 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I joined Amazon Family last month so did not cost me anything for Prime. Didn't look much but seemed the Huggies diapers were big deals. 50% off plus 20% if you subscribe. Also get another 15% on total as I have 6 items subscribes.

Problem was not all items were deducting 50% automatically as it should have. 4 of my 6 items did not. Contacted online chat and they made adjustments but should not have to spend extra time doing that and seeing if I did anything wrong. I would say a big fail in many areas on this Prime Day.

If I didn't need diapers and they weren't cheaper from Amazon I would have no need for Prime. Would think most Canadians would be in same situation.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
I won't complain because I got in on the Blue Yeti deal which was likely a price error so I'm happy~ If we null that deal though, I'd say this was a terrible sale though :P.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2220 upvotes
Deals are swift garbage.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4782 posts
1327 upvotes
Richmond
Operatime wrote: Half price diapers is a really good deal, but only if you need diapers. Of course.
except you see those sales every week at superstore.
Only good deal for rfders is the amazon chase visa with $30 sign up bonus
Aug 13, 2004
143 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
after checking out Amazon.ca, I immediately come to this forum and became completely satisfied when I see this thread.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Speak for yourself. I've spent $300 on Amazon already on some stellar deals.
Would have been $500 if I didn't miss a bunch of stuff I wanted that sold out.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
death_hawk wrote: Speak for yourself. I've spent $300 on Amazon already on some stellar deals.
You went half on the 55 gallon of lube?
Dec 31, 2010
923 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Was looking for an excuse to spend money.

I checked amazon.ca periodically throughout the day, and did not find anything worthwhile.

i tried amazon, I tried
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2013
1218 posts
601 upvotes
North of Toronto
death_hawk wrote: Speak for yourself. I've spent $300 on Amazon already on some stellar deals.
What did you buy and at what prices? Would like to hear if someone actually got a deal....
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
514 upvotes
GVR
Only thing I ordered was a gift card pack to get the $5 bonus.

Overall it was pretty much like any boxing day / black friday sale. A couple of items that are pretty sweet deals, but mostly just items that are discounted at the same rate you'd expect them to be discounted during any sale.
Jul 14, 2015
7 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal, QC
It sucked but elder scrolls is half pirce right now!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)