Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] PRIME EXCLUSIVE - Invicta 8926C (Seiko NH35A) Automatic Watch 200M - $64.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2018 6:06 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1288 posts
279 upvotes
Kanata
The other appeal of the watch is the ability to mod it to your heart content. I've seen forums dedicated to this specific watch and the endless amount of parts and changes available.
It's a hobby watch along with the Vostoks.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2052 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bought this on Boxing day 2015 and it's doing great
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15483 posts
5793 upvotes
Oakville
ipse wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 9:17 am
The other appeal of the watch is the ability to mod it to your heart content. I've seen forums dedicated to this specific watch and the endless amount of parts and changes available.
Yup. There's a *giant* thread of people showing off their modded versions over at WatchUSeek.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
12758 posts
1558 upvotes
Toronto
pencil364 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 8:29 am
What? People mistake my watch for a Rolex Submariner all the time. It's an excellent watch that looks great. It doesn't keep time so well, loses about 4 minutes once a month, but I got it for 80 bucks a few years ago so I can't complain.
I never understand people wanting to get some look-alike item. I would rather wear a Seiko/Citizen/Tissot than wearing something that looks like a New York City knockoff.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1653 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
hightech wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 10:15 am
I never understand people wanting to get some look-alike item. I would rather wear a Seiko/Citizen/Tissot than wearing something that looks like a New York City knockoff.
Seiko and Citizen have made some "homage" watches in the past too. Besides that, higher end brands also copy the sub design since it's been the de facto diver design for the past century. Even (Rolex-owned) Tudor makes the Pelagos, which is essentially a poorer man's sub replica.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1653 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
ipse wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 9:17 am
Modding watches is not an inexpensive hobby. I guess this watch is an inexpensive gateway to that world, but you're limited by what you can do with the case and movement. By the time you finish building a frankenwatch out of this particular model, you'll have easily doubled the cost of the watch in tools and parts and you'll still have the tell-tale engraving on the side. But to each their own.
May 26, 2014
132 posts
116 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
hightech wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 10:15 am
Do you think the Rolex Submariner looks good? Then this looks good too and only costs 70 bucks. Besides the fact that it says Invicta on the side and it's a bit thicker, it hardly looks like a cheap knockoff. I don't care about the brand, I'm not a watch snob by any stretch.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15483 posts
5793 upvotes
Oakville
pencil364 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 10:51 am
Do you think the Rolex Submariner looks good? Then this looks good too and only costs 70 bucks. Besides the fact that it says Invicta on the side and it's a bit thicker, it hardly looks like a cheap knockoff. I don't care about the brand, I'm not a watch snob by any stretch.
This. If you like the look of the watch, this is a great watch for a great price. I got tons of compliments on mine.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Dec 2, 2014
149 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, ON
superfresh89 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 7:40 am
How so? It's looks exactly the same the iconic Rolex Submariner. It's not the look for me but it's far from "fugly"
My gripe is not with Rolex homages per say, although I do hate Rolex homages, but its with Rolex itself. Rolex watches look fugly to me. Whoever thought putting that hedious mercedes hand on every single one of their watches (almost every) was a good idea should be fired. Just for this, I can't seem to find any Rolexes attractive other than the Milgauss. That ridiculous looking magnifier doesn't help either, which only concretes my belief that Rolexes are a grandpa's watch for people whose eyesight is going. Lastly, I'm frankly sick of seeing that same god damn design in every god damn watch.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3079 posts
726 upvotes
Mississauga
I have this watch. It's my vacation beater and for the last 10 years I've literally beat the crap out of it. Gone swimming with it many times with the crown pulled open where water has gotten in and the crystal fogs up on the inside, but then the condensation dissipates and it just keeps going.

I just can't seem to kill it no matter what I do. Because of this I've grown kind of fond of it lol
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1316 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
I have one from last Christmas and I can't recommend - it is slow by a minute a month! To top it off, the wings emblem in the watch got loose and now just moves around within the watch lol. I'm going to go back to a citizen eco-drive when there's a good deal.
Mar 19, 2013
5 posts
London
its a diver. Dont understand why you guys are comparing it with a ecodrive.
Nov 22, 2009
605 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
jjtsl wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 1:19 pm
I have one from last Christmas and I can't recommend - it is slow by a minute a month! To top it off, the wings emblem in the watch got loose and now just moves around within the watch lol. I'm going to go back to a citizen eco-drive when there's a good deal.
Only 1min loss per month for a $65 automatic watch is amazing.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1653 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
victorcxu wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 1:29 pm
its a diver. Dont understand why you guys are comparing it with a ecodrive.
I doubt most people who buy this watch are using it for its tool watch functionality.

Citizen's Promaster diver is also another sub design clone.
Last edited by generaltao99 on Jul 17th, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.