Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] PRIME EXCLUSIVE - Invicta 8926C (Seiko NH35A) Automatic Watch 200M - $64.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2018 6:06 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4661 posts
870 upvotes
wake97 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 5:53 pm
How good of a deal is this?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07C4HSLJ6

If it's a lot better than the Invictus I might get it and return the Invictus.
Comparing apples and oranges here. People that bought this specific Invicta watch mostly bought it for a reason: it's an homage to the classic Rolex Submariner. It's also an automatic, and has a Seiko movement. It's a classic in it's own poor man's right. This is coming from someone that bought it :D

The watch you linked is just way different on many levels.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Sep 11, 2017
37 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
deezz wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 5:56 pm
Comparing apples and oranges here. People that bought this specific Invicta watch mostly bought it for a reason: it's an homage to the classic Rolex Submariner. It's also an automatic, and has a Seiko movement. It's a classic in it's own poor man's right. This is coming from someone that bought it :D

The watch you linked is just way different on many levels.
Alright, thanks for the insight. Hoping I really like the Invictus. Watches are something I've been interested in getting into for a lil while now.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1653 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
I'm a little bit more sold on the value of this watch as a modding gateway. Apparently the Invicta logo on the side is etched, not engraved, so you don't need to strip too much metal away to get rid of it (see link).

http://www.stefanv.com/watches/black-la ... k-bay.html

This guy did a pretty solid Black Bay homage with one too.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4661 posts
870 upvotes
wake97 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 5:58 pm
Alright, thanks for the insight. Hoping I really like the Invictus. Watches are something I've been interested in getting into for a lil while now.
This watch will be your gateway drug. There are many people that keep coming back to it because they find that after using it as their vacation watch or for beater occasions, it just keeps on ticking. Very reliable, especially for such a low cost of entry into the watch world :)
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3060 posts
710 upvotes
Mississauga
Riddick wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 3:12 pm
Me too. Great vacation watch. It was running a bit slow so I had adjusted it just before my recent trip to Hawaii. Guess I wan't paying attention when putting it back together and squeezed the rubber sealing ring so it wasn't seated properly. So after surfing in Waikiki, some water had gotten in and it fogged up badly, However, I removed the back again and got rid of the fogging. Still runs great. BTW I put a NATO strap on mine for a classic 007 look Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Nice! I took mine to Maui + Big Island first 2 weeks of June. Swam with sea turtles with it. It was awesome. Will try the nato strap. Good call man.
Dec 2, 2014
149 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, ON
L4cky wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 5:25 pm
Why do people keep wearing a device when we all have cellphones? I just like to carry the less stuffs
After a while, you don't even feel that you're wearing a watch. Plus, its much easier to check time on your wrist then to take out the phone on your pocket everytime.
Dec 2, 2014
149 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wake97 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 5:58 pm
If you're really interested in getting into watches, you're soon gonna find out that you're bought a crap lol. You've bought what is essentially a "fake" watch and a Invicta at that lol.
Sep 11, 2017
37 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
atomee wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 1:35 am
If you're really interested in getting into watches, you're soon gonna find out that you're bought a crap lol. You've bought what is essentially a "fake" watch and a Invicta at that lol.
Why do I have to drop stacks to see if I'm even going to enjoy having a watch on my wrist? The reviews of the watch aren't even bad. It's better than buying some trash replica that will wear down fast. Everyone has to start somewhere, this is just the beginning for me lmao.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3074 posts
1113 upvotes
Vancouver
L4cky wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 5:25 pm
Why do people keep wearing a device when we all have cellphones? I just like to carry the less stuffs
Go ask a cop. Or a soldier. Or a firefighter. Or an airplane pilot. Or a paramedic. I could expand this list, but I'm lazy.
May 26, 2014
130 posts
116 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
wake97 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 1:46 am
Why do I have to drop stacks to see if I'm even going to enjoy having a watch on my wrist? The reviews of the watch aren't even bad. It's better than buying some trash replica that will wear down fast. Everyone has to start somewhere, this is just the beginning for me lmao.
Ignore the watch snob. This thread is crawling with them. I've been wearing watches my entire life and this Invicta has been great to me for the last two years. There are certainly expectations that need to come with a 65 dollar watch though, expect it to lose a few minutes a month and be careful not to scratch the face.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15395 posts
5733 upvotes
Oakville
atomee wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 1:35 am
It's a Seiko NH35A movement. That's hardly "a crap" - even watch snobs recognize that while most Invicta watches are crap, the divers they make with this movement are perfectly serviceable daily beaters.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
10695 posts
5902 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wearysky wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 7:59 am
It's a Seiko NH35A movement. That's hardly "a crap" - even watch snobs recognize that while most Invicta watches are crap, the divers they make with this movement are perfectly serviceable daily beaters.
By serviceable do you mean replacing the movement? From what I recall this movement was never meant to be serviced.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15395 posts
5733 upvotes
Oakville
EP32k2 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 9:18 am
By serviceable do you mean replacing the movement? From what I recall this movement was never meant to be serviced.
No, by serviceable I mean the dictionary definition of serviceable: "fulfilling its function adequately; usable." - it's nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. And if you like the looks of it, by all means grab one. At this price it's a fantastic entry into the automatic world.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Feb 3, 2013
50 posts
36 upvotes
Victoria
Managed to snag a 8928 OB just before midnight. Was considering an Orient Mako II @30% off but couldn't resist this price. Thanks OP!