Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Prime Members* Free 3 Month Trial of Amazon Audible Books Membership plus 3 free audible books!

Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
WellHung wrote: Wow, one whole book every month. I'm guessing this is not the Netflix of books.
No. Amazon/Audible has a virtual monopoly on audio books so they can do whatever they want.

There isn't a Netflix version of this and shows why its good to toss business to Amazon's competitors when possible to deter they're monopolistic practices.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Mar 23, 2016
821 posts
227 upvotes
NG wrote: No. Amazon/Audible has a virtual monopoly on audio books so they can do whatever they want.

There isn't a Netflix version of this and shows why its good to toss business to Amazon's competitors when possible to deter they're monopolistic practices.
+10
*Faux transparency / censorship warning for RFD*
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
kaijujager wrote: Anyone recommend any good (long, like 30hrs+ per book) trilogy??

I did ender's series and i enjoyed it so much i did all orson scott...
Back when Audible was independent, i.e., before Amazon bought it, I got "Che: A Revolutionary Life". 36 hours. I was never a fan of Guevara... until I listened to the audiobook.

I wonder whether it doesn't meet a political test at Amazon.

You can still get it here though.

https://audiobookstore.com/audiobooks/che-guevara.aspx

They have two versions of Steven King's "The Stand". One is 47:52. The other is 54:08.

I haven't listened to it, but I read the unedited version that King first wanted published, but the publisher didn't think anyone would buy a 1200+ page novel.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Aug 5, 2012
145 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
I'm guessing I can't get the free audiobooks if I'm already using audible?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
If you like Ken Follett's writing as I do, you can pick up "Pillars of the Earth" at 46:41. Or "World Without End" at 45:30.

If yòu enjoy fantasy (I don't) The Cycle of OF Arawn clocks in at 66:01.
Last edited by MexiCanuck on Sep 18th, 2017 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
NG wrote: No. Amazon/Audible has a virtual monopoly on audio books so they can do whatever they want.

Or maybe books are slightly different than movies/TV. If you’re complaining, just use overdrive and your public library.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
2396 posts
2417 upvotes
Calgary
This is kind of weird but yesterday i signed up for this trial, was given 1 credit, and used it but it doesnt show up in library, and my membership is inactive again.

Edit: seems to be some difference between audible.ca and audible.com. I see my last purchase on Audible.ca and not any others. Can't find my audible.ca purchase on the app. Weird.
Last edited by Diafel on Sep 18th, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3749 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
I just signed up too, and tried using my free credit on a book. Doesn't show up in my library though. Went to redeem the credit again, and it says that I already own the book. Top bar still shows that I have a free credit. I got that free Handmaids Tale book and it immediately popped up in the library. Weird.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
Diafel wrote: This is kind of weird but yesterday i signed up for this trial, was given 1 credit, and used it but it doesnt show up in library, and my membership is inactive again.
I have a similar experience in that I selected a book but it has not appeared in my Audible library.

I was an Audible subscriber before Amazon bought them. Although I have not had an Audible membership since Amazon bought them, I wonder whether this makes me ineligible for this Prime offer.

If so, I would have thought Amazon would not have permitted my registration.
Last edited by MexiCanuck on Sep 18th, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2002
2490 posts
196 upvotes
Seems the audible.ca and audible.com don't share a library. None of my .com books are showing in my .ca purchase history.
Jul 11, 2008
73 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
Byrns wrote: Seems the audible.ca and audible.com don't share a library. None of my .com books are showing in my .ca purchase history.
Is there a way of consolidating the two libraries?
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
1735 posts
254 upvotes
Winnipeg
I can't get it as it can't be sold in my country. I'm wondering if was just because my Amazon.ca account somehow got defaulted to a US address.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
2396 posts
2417 upvotes
Calgary
As recently as 9 days ago, there was a way to transfer your U.S. account to audible.ca but the link I found doesn't work anymore. I guess this is growing pains for this new audible.ca
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
ZipSpeed wrote: I just signed up too, and tried using my free credit on a book. Doesn't show up in my library though. Went to redeem the credit again, and it says that I already own the book. Top bar still shows that I have a free credit. I got that free Handmaids Tale book and it immediately popped up in the library. Weird.
MexiCanuck wrote: I have a similar experience in that I selected a book but it has not appeared in my Audible library.

I was an Audible subscriber before Amazon bought them. Although I have not had an Audible membership since Amazon bought them, I wonder whether this makes me ineligible for this Prime offer.
Here is a further report...

All of my 46 "old Audible" books appear on my iOS devices; none of my "Amazon Audible" books appear there.

Both of my free "Amazon Audible" books appear on my computer when I log in there; none of the 46 "old Audible" books appear on the computer.

It appears that both accounts exist, but are not merged.

Mar 7, 2011
687 posts
545 upvotes
Paris
I was having the same prob initially and found the soulution! I signed out then while signing in, i changed the marketplace to .ca and i found the book i got... i have ios btw...
Images
  • IMG_1104.PNG