Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

[PRIME Members only] Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD - CT1000MX500SSD1(Z) - $194.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2018 12:07 am
Sep 16, 2007
76 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] [PRIME Members only] Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD - CT1000MX500SSD1(Z) - $194.99

Amazon has dropped the price for Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD - CT1000MX500SSD1(Z). Now $194.99 for 1TB. History low price I've seen for brand-name 1TB SSD. Comes with 5-year warranty for peace of mind. Ship from and sold by Amazon.

Please note that this deal is for Amazon Prime members ONLY.

You can sign-up for 30 days Prime Trial for free to get this deal if you are not currently Amazon Prime member.
Images
  • Crucial 1TB.JPG
Last edited by mesamagic on Sep 22nd, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
58 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1640 posts
1140 upvotes
Is this NANDo's chicken?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
CDRoot wrote: Is this NANDo's chicken?

Goooo hoooome....you're drunk.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3107 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Well Damn.. Bought this exact drive for 265 just 2 weeks ago off amazon...

70 dollar difference.. Might be worth to buy again and return this one and suck up the shipping hit I'll take for sending it back. Thanks for the heads up op

** nvm it was exactly 1 month ago and now cannot do the return. Aw well, anyways guys, this SSD has been great, have both Samsung EVO 860 and this Crucial MX500, both run great and seem to be neck and neck.
Last edited by junglemage666 on Sep 22nd, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
Wow, prices are dropping quicker than I expected.

I was predicting a 1TB SSD sub $200 taxes-in by Black Friday.

Now, the trick is to figure out when prices is bottom out and buy as close to that as possible.

On another note, Samsung announced that they'll be showing production to keep prices "stable."

Not sure how much supply there is globally, and especially alloted for Canada, but this could have a meaningful impact.

Just don't know if it will be weeks or months before prices get stuck.

Now let's hope for sub $250 2TB SATA SSD by Black Friday.

My old 5400rpm is on its last legs and I really need more than 1TB.

Hoping for a bargain on a 2TB drive this holiday season.

Let's see how low she goes.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
fatcowxlive wrote: This is making me excited about Black Friday. If I can get a good 1 TB SSD for close to $150 I'll be a happy man
That's what I'm waiting for too
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2014
1044 posts
551 upvotes
who in this country is NOT a prime member by now?
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24644 posts
8655 upvotes
Toronto
Samwfive wrote: For the NON-prime member, Mike's computer has the exact same price with FREE shipping.

https://www.mikescomputershop.com/product/8923331
Thx, so tempting....

with the Newegg and NCIX data breach fiascos, I'm scared using the smaller retailers.......I know Mike's has been around for a while etc but now I'm so scared about my CC and address with other retailers....probably will stick with Amazon.ca only for now....(not that Amazon won't have possible data breaches either but hoping their measures are better....)....
Sep 29, 2009
178 posts
101 upvotes
paul29m wrote: who in this country is NOT a prime member by now?
You should be buying from other sites in any case, don't support Amazon's draconian treatment of workers if you can.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
So folks, here's the math.

If the Micron 2TB falls below $300 by Black Friday, that's a strong buy signal. This Crucial MX500 1TB is hard to say no to, but it's not quite large enough for primary storage and it's too slow to be a boot drive.

I should create a Shopping List with Price Thresholds for this coming Black Friday... maybe post it in Shopping Discussion.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24644 posts
8655 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: So folks, here's the math.

If the Micron 2TB falls below $300 by Black Friday, that's a strong buy signal. This Crucial MX500 1TB is hard to say no to, but it's not quite large enough for primary storage and it's too slow to be a boot drive.

I should create a Shopping List with Price Thresholds for this coming Black Friday... maybe post it in Shopping Discussion.
do it brotha....I fully support you on the Shopping List with Price Thresholds....

Why do you say this drive is too slow for a boot drive? I was thinking of using this in my laptop as it's only drive....I currently have a Crucial MX 500GB SSD in there....I was hoping this would be comparable....
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: do it brotha....I fully support you on the Shopping List with Price Thresholds....

Why do you say this drive is too slow for a boot drive? I was thinking of using this in my laptop as it's only drive....I currently have a Crucial MX 500GB SSD in there....I was hoping this would be comparable....
It's plenty fast for most systems. I'm being very picky.

If you're building a gaming monster or professional workstation, I always go NVMe SSD. Otherwise, this 1TB is plenty fast.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12716 posts
25640 upvotes
Montreal
Show us a faster SATA SSD than the Crucial MX500 1TB.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Show us a faster SATA SSD than the Crucial MX500 1TB.
As I said, I'm being very picky about NVMe. This drive is plenty fast for most applications and great as a SATA drive.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)