• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2019 11:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1614 posts
1177 upvotes

Amazon.ca prime membership question regarding included twitch service

Hey guys, when you subscribe to amazon.ca prime, a twitch prime membership is included that will allow you 1 included channel subscription as explained here:
https://www.amazon.ca/b?ie=UTF8&node=15442677011

I attempted to sign up for an amazon prime membership, but when I try to link my twitch with my amazon account, it brings me to amazon.com instead of amazon.ca to enter my password (which I don't have since I am signing up for prime on amazon.ca).

As far as I know, amazon.com and amazon.ca accounts are not linked, so essentially I would have to create a separate US amazon account to tie to my twitch account.

Since my prime membership would be under amazon.ca, would I still be elgible for the twitch prime subscription?

Has anyone been able to link their amazon.ca and twitch accounts succesfully and subscribe to a channel using prime? if so you can guide me thru the steps please?

p.s> amazon customer service does not seem to be knowledgable with this specific issue
Always hungry ;)
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
Did you move your Kindle store to the US?

I found out the hard way, if your Kindle store is USA, then you can't use the free Twitch service associated with Amazon (Canada) Prime. If you move your Kindle store back to Canada, Twitch Prime will work, but then you'll lose the books you puchased until you move back to Kindle USA. :facepalm:

I suppose a workaround would be to open a second Amazon.ca account and tie your Prime and Twitch to that account.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1614 posts
1177 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 11:09 pm
Did you move your Kindle store to the US?

I found out the hard way, if your Kindle store is USA, then you can't use the free Twitch service associated with Amazon (Canada) Prime. If you move your Kindle store back to Canada, Twitch Prime will work, but then you'll lose the books you puchased until you move back to Kindle USA. :facepalm:

I suppose a workaround would be to open a second Amazon.ca account and tie your Prime and Twitch to that account.

Thanks for the reply! No, I don't use kindle and haven't even created an amazon.com account. This amazon.ca account I'm trying to link is a new account.

I'm concerned that if I enter my amazon.ca password on the amazon.com page - it will actually create a new amazon.com account and then try to link my twitch account with this amazon.com account (which does not have prime).

So when you log into your amazon.ca account page, does it show your twitch is linked to that? Or do you have to log into your amazon.com account?
Always hungry ;)
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
nintendo wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 11:18 pm
So when you log into your amazon.ca account page, does it show your twitch is linked to that? Or do you have to log into your amazon.com account?
I gave up on this a long time ago because my Kindle account is USA, and I don't really need twitch for myself.

That said, Amazon.com and Amazon.ca are really the same system and your login / PW / credit cards are already synched across both sites.

So you already have an Amazon.com account if you are using amazon.ca.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?