Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Purchase $35 or more from selection of household essentials and receive 10% off at checkout.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2018 5:01 am
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Purchase $35 or more from selection of household essentials and receive 10% off at checkout.

https://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=gbps_fcr_m- ... QB&ie=UTF8

Notable:
Lysol Disinfecting Surface Wipes, Citrus, 3X80 Wipes, Disinfectant, Cleaning, Sanitizing (240 Wipes) $9 - $1.50 coupon
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0773VKHJ4/

Brands:
365 Everyday Value
Air Wick
Always
AmazonBasics
Amope
Aussie
Axe
Boon
Bounce
Bounty
Carnation
Cascade
Cepacol
Charmin
Coffee-Mate
Colgate
Coty
Covergirl
Crest
Dawn
Degree
Dove
Downy
Durex
Febreze
Finish
First Years
Gain
Gillette
Glade
Head & Shoulders
Ivory
Ivory Snow
K-Y
Kibbles 'n Bits
Kit Kat
Lysol
Meow Mix
Milk-Bone
Mr Clean
Mrs. Meyer's
Munchkin
N.Y.C. New York Color
Nestle
Neutrogena
Nivea
Nivea for Men
Olay
Old Spice
Oral B
Pampers
Pantene
Pepto-Bismol
Resolve
Rimmel London
Safety 1st
Sally Hansen
Secret
Simple
St Ives
Swiffer
Tampax
Tena
Tide
Tresemme
Vaseline
Veet
Vicks
Woolite
Ziploc
Last edited by alanbrenton on Oct 14th, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
This promotion has been ongoing for more than 6 months now, but it is not attractive at all. Most of the item has S&S which offers 15% off when you get 5 subscription. Unless you can buy more than $35 within a single S&S subscription to get stacked discount, I will pick S&S rather than this promotion.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4451 upvotes
lcmt wrote: This promotion has been ongoing for more than 6 months now, but it is not attractive at all. Most of the item has S&S which offers 15% off when you get 5 subscription. Unless you can buy more than $35 within a single S&S subscription to get stacked discount, I will pick S&S rather than this promotion.
It's a hot deal if you already have a S&S subscription and you need more before your next subscription is due and it's at an all-time low price. Add a coupon on top of it and it's a no brainer.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
It depends on the value of the coupon. Many coupons allow you repeatedly use and they offer more than 10% discount. In that case, you will get a cheaper price if you do an S&S for each one.
pootza wrote: It's a hot deal if you already have a S&S subscription and you need more before your next subscription is due and it's at an all-time low price. Add a coupon on top of it and it's a no brainer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4451 upvotes
lcmt wrote: It depends on the value of the coupon. Many coupons allow you repeatedly use and they offer more than 10% discount. In that case, you will get a cheaper price if you do an S&S for each one.
But as I stated ... you need more before a new S&S can be shipped out!
A S&S subscription is shipped out for me on the 12th of the month which I needed to have that confirmed by the 29th of the previous month. I noticed on the 6th that I run out of some products and I need them right away and can't wait till the 12th of the following month to get a new S&S.
It would be relatively stupid to wait for something for 5 weeks when you can get it right away (even the next day with Prime) for the same price or maybe even cheaper than a S&S subscription when you need that product NOW.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Of course, there is a tradeoff. If you need it now, you need to pay more.
pootza wrote: But as I stated ... you need more before a new S&S can be shipped out!
A S&S subscription is shipped out for me on the 12th of the month which I needed to have that confirmed by the 29th of the previous month. I noticed on the 6th that I run out of some products and I need them right away and can't wait till the 12th of the following month to get a new S&S.
It would be relatively stupid to wait for something for 5 weeks when you can get it right away (even the next day with Prime) for the same price or maybe even cheaper than a S&S subscription when you need that product NOW.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4451 upvotes
lcmt wrote: Of course, there is a tradeoff. If you need it now, you need to pay more.

For the mathematically challenged

So my dog got sprayed by a skunk and he rolled around outside in his poop and when got him inside he got loose and knocked over the bag of groceries which was placed on the living room coffee table and broke open a bag of flour and made a complete mess throughout the house. Before we caught him he was rolling around on the carpets and got into the clean clothes in the laundry room. I NEED CLEANING SUPPLIES NOW. I can't wait for 5 weeks till my next Amazon S&S stuff comes again. Luckily Amazon has a 10% off on household supplies if you purchase a min. of $35. Good looks like there's coupon available on some products as well.

Here's what I bought:.........with 10% & coupon.......normal S&S @15%

Resolve 1.77L carpet cleaner.........$12.21........................$14.37
Lysol Wipes 3x80..........................$5.60..........................$5.95
Febreze 800ml..............................$3.97..........................$5.10
Lysol Laundry Additive 2.7L............$8.79........................$10.19
Bounce 200s.................................$5.73..........................$7.65

Total...........................................$36.30........................$43.26

I got it sooner ... I paid less!
Last edited by pootza on Oct 14th, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
S&S allows to use coupon on top of the subscription. If you don't use coupon on S&S, of course, you will pay more on S&S. Besides, S&S allows to stack the 10% promotion too. If the product doesn't have coupon or the coupon has less than 10% discount, then stack them all together will yield the best savings if you can spend more than $35 on a single S&S. If you need it now, then you need to pay more definitely.

To get an idea, try to add this product with quantities of 6. You should see the following invoice. Unfortunately, I cannot find an example with coupon; otherwise, you can save even more

Items (6): CDN$ 41.94
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Subscription Discount: -CDN$ 6.29
Spend $35, save 10%: -CDN$ 4.19
Total before tax: CDN$ 31.46

pootza wrote: For the mathematically challenged

So my dog got sprayed by a skunk and when got him inside he got loose and knocked over the bag of groceries which was placed on the living room coffee table and broke open a bag of flour and made a complete mess throughout the house. Before we caught him he was rolling around on the carpets and got into the clean clothes in the laundry room. I NEED CLEANING SUPPLIES NOW. I can't wait for 5 weeks till my next Amazon S&S stuff comes again. Luckily Amazon has a 10% off on household supplies if you purchase a min. of $35. Good looks like there's coupon available on some products as well.

Here's what I bought:.........with 10% & coupon.......normal S&S @15%

Resolve 1.77L carpet cleaner.........$12.21........................$14.37
Lysol Wipes 3x80..........................$5.60..........................$5.95
Febreze 800ml..............................$3.97..........................$5.10
Lysol Laundry Additive 2.7L............$8.79........................$10.19
Bounce 200s.................................$5.73..........................$7.65

Total...........................................$36.30........................$43.26

I got it sooner ... I paid less!
Last edited by lcmt on Oct 14th, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4451 upvotes
lcmt wrote: S&S allows to use coupon on top of the subscription. If you don't use coupon on S&S, of course, you will pay more on S&S. Besides, S&S allows to stack the 10% promotion too. If the product doesn't have coupon or the coupon has less than 10% discount, then stack them all together will yield the best savings if you can spend more than $35 on a single S&S. If you need it now, then you need to pay more definitely.
I NEED IT NOW NOT IN FIVE WEEKS ... therefore it's a good deal
And without the coupons it's only $1.04 more.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I only see a $1.50 (not $2.50) coupon for the Lysol wipes.

In any case, it's not much of a deal - typically it goes down to the $4 range after coupon.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
You don't need to repeat that. Everyone knows the S&S helps you save money if you don't need it now. If you need it now, you need to pay more without using the S&S. That's the tradeoff. Next time, if you can plan ahead of time, then you can save an additional of $1.04. $1.04 may not be lots of money, but if you always need some items right now, but S&S is available, then it will add up quite amount of money by the year-end.
pootza wrote: I NEED IT NOW NOT IN FIVE WEEKS ... therefore it's a good deal
And without the coupons it's only $1.04 more.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: I only see a $1.50 (not $2.50) coupon for the Lysol wipes.

In any case, it's not much of a deal - typically it goes down to the $4 range after coupon.
Sorry, it was $1.50. Mistakenly put $2.50 but that's for the 400 count.

When do these typically go down to $4 with a coupon? I better set up an alert lol. I did post a deal here once but at least it's still cheaper than buying it at costco wholesale.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
alanbrenton wrote: Sorry, it was $1.50. Mistakenly put $2.50 but that's for the 400 count.

When do these typically go down to $4 with a coupon? I better set up an alert lol. I did post a deal here once but at least it's still cheaper than buying it at costco wholesale.
Just looking through my email, in July there was a $5 coupon that brought the price down to $3.77 after 15% S&S and 15% new sub savings.
Tons of things for sale!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Just looking through my email, in July there was a $5 coupon that brought the price down to $3.77 after 15% S&S and 15% new sub savings.
Rfd deal alert or amazon email?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
That's was the pre-Prime day promotion for 2018. Amazon offers some product with high-value coupon plus the new subscription promotion 15%.
alanbrenton wrote: Rfd deal alert or amazon email?
Jul 11, 2018
276 posts
271 upvotes
Lmfao this is horrible this deal never expires has been on for 6-12 month straight at least.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4451 upvotes
AllDayLove wrote: Lmfao this is horrible this deal never expires has been on for 6-12 month straight at least.
Yes getting 25%+ off normal prices is always a horrible deal.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: My amazon order confirmation emails :D
You order and then get a coupon you can only use on a future purchase? Never got an email like that in my lifetime of opening a dozen or so accounts.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
alanbrenton wrote: You order and then get a coupon you can only use on a future purchase? Never got an email like that in my lifetime of opening a dozen or so accounts.
No.. I'm referring to my order confirmation email when you place an order, it shows what price you paid for the item :D
Tons of things for sale!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)