Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Radiohead Amnesiac 2LP Double LP 28.46$

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2018 12:59 pm
Jul 29, 2010
448 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Radiohead Amnesiac 2LP Double LP 28.46$

Radiohead Amnesiac on vinyl. Sunrise Records sells this for 45$ last I checked

Regular price has been 34$ for months now on Amazon as per kamel. 28$ is a good deal.

Nothernvolume has it for 34$:
https://www.northernvolume.com/radiohea ... lp-record/

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01I2E32WI/ref ... 1Ab98MZDK4

Cheers
Last edited by dazurn on Apr 18th, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
29 replies
Jan 16, 2005
582 posts
370 upvotes
Hamilton
brigand wrote: fingers crossed and i get 10x10 copy
ty op
Would be nice, but description reads: "Now as a 2x12" cut at 45 rpm!"
Jan 16, 2005
582 posts
370 upvotes
Hamilton
Good deal, but I'm skeptical of the worth of buying an album recorded exclusively for CD on vinyl. I have the OK Computer 20th anniversary on vinyl and it just doesn't flow the right way.
Jan 16, 2005
582 posts
370 upvotes
Hamilton
geech wrote: Would be nice, but description reads: "Now as a 2x12" cut at 45 rpm!"
Nevermind, the reviews seem to state that might not be the case!
Jul 29, 2010
448 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal
geech wrote: Good deal, but I'm skeptical of the worth of buying an album recorded exclusively for CD on vinyl. I have the OK Computer 20th anniversary on vinyl and it just doesn't flow the right way.
If you don't like it just send it back. They pay for the return shipping. Some vinyl have a free download card, so worst case you get the free mp3's. You can always rip it to flac before returning it too :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
I'll thumbs up any vinyl deal!!!

Well, other than say the Biebs or Taylor Swift. Winking Face
That's just a waste of good vinyl.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1165 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto, ON
geech wrote: Good deal, but I'm skeptical of the worth of buying an album recorded exclusively for CD on vinyl. I have the OK Computer 20th anniversary on vinyl and it just doesn't flow the right way.
But these were originally recorded on analogue tape first, so I would expect that to be the source, but I am not sure.

Do people prefer the 10" over the 12"?
Jul 29, 2010
448 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal
georgep wrote: But these were originally recorded on analogue tape first, so I would expect that to be the source, but I am not sure.

The size doesn't really affect the sound quality. Generally speaking 45 rpm vinyl sound better than 33 rpm though. But it all depends on what source the vinyl is cut from and the mastering.

The description on Amazon says it's the XL Recording reissue. If its the same version that's for sale on Northern Volume than it should be 2X12" 45 rpm according to discogs.

Vinyl Weight: 180g
Vinyl Colour: Black
Number of Discs: 2
Record Size: 12"
Original Release Year: 2001
Release Year of this Version: 2016
Label: XL Recordings
Catalog Number: XLLP783B
UPC: 634904078300
Package Type: Gatefold
Region: EU

https://www.discogs.com/Radiohead-Amnes ... se/9155574
Last edited by dazurn on Apr 18th, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 16, 2005
582 posts
370 upvotes
Hamilton
georgep wrote: But these were originally recorded on analogue tape first, so I would expect that to be the source, but I am not sure.

Hmm, that may be the case, I'll maybe do some digging.

People do seem to prefer the 10" from what I have seen. Might just be the novelty.
Oct 1, 2007
302 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Very tempting but I am going to hold out until 2020 and hope for a re-issue like OKNOTOK.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1165 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dazurn wrote: The size doesn't really affect the sound quality. Generally speaking 45 rpm vinyl sound better than 33 rpm though. But it all depends on what source the vinyl is cut from and the mastering.

The description on Amazon says it's the XL Recording reissue. If its the same version that's for sale on Northern Volume than it should be 2X12" 45 rpm according to discogs.

Vinyl Weight: 180g
Vinyl Colour: Black
Number of Discs: 2
Record Size: 12"
Original Release Year: 2001
Release Year of this Version: 2016
Label: XL Recordings
Catalog Number: XLLP783B
UPC: 634904078300
Package Type: Gatefold
Region: EU

https://www.discogs.com/Radiohead-Amnes ... se/9155574
This is the version that I would expect, though I have never really understood whether it is just the parlophone version repressed or whether it is XL from start to finish (given how quickly these were reissued following XL's purchase of Radiohead's back catalogue from Warner/EMI/Parlohone, not sure whether/what mastering went into them).

Zeitgeist7 wrote: Very tempting but I am going to hold out until 2020 and hope for a re-issue like OKNOTOK.
I got the sense that this was more of a one-off given that OK Computer is universally considered a landmark music album by music critics. They might do it for Kid A, but I would be surprised if they do it for Amnesiac (since it is really Kid A part 2) - but no harm in waiting to see.
Mar 7, 2011
743 posts
411 upvotes
Vernon

for myself id like it to match my 10” kid a
im sure ill get the 12” tho lol Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
RFD Aquarium forum come join us =)
Feb 22, 2017
429 posts
513 upvotes
Canada
dazurn wrote: If you don't like it just send it back. They pay for the return shipping. Some vinyl have a free download card, so worst case you get the free mp3's. You can always rip it to flac before returning it too :)
lol and while you're at it, use your smart phone camera in RAW mode to take pictures of your old photographs
Jul 29, 2010
448 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal
daveinsurgent wrote: lol and while you're at it, use your smart phone camera in RAW mode to take pictures of your old photographs
I was suggesting ripping the vinyl to flac not the mp3's :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
dazurn wrote: If you don't like it just send it back. They pay for the return shipping. Some vinyl have a free download card, so worst case you get the free mp3's. You can always rip it to flac before returning it too :)
dazurn wrote: I was suggesting ripping the vinyl to flac not the mp3's :)
OP, I'm scratching my head on these points.
Not really sure why you would post a deal on vinyl, then encourage fraud (return the albums but keep and use the MP3 download code) & piracy (rip the albums to FLAC before returning for a refund).
Pretty lame. :rolleyes:
Sorry, but my upvote is now rescinded.
Jul 29, 2010
448 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal
Woah! wrote: OP, I'm scratching my head on these points.
Not really sure why you would post a deal on vinyl, then encourage fraud (return the albums but keep and use the MP3 download code) & piracy (rip the albums to FLAC before returning for a refund).
Pretty lame. :rolleyes:
Sorry, but my upvote is now rescinded.
Lol don't get me wrong, I bought it and will be keeping it. You guys do whatever you want.
Feb 22, 2017
429 posts
513 upvotes
Canada
dazurn wrote: I was suggesting ripping the vinyl to flac not the mp3's :)
I know, it's very confusing though, since CD/digital is superior to vinyl in technical aspects, and the "reasons" (entirely made up of course) that people say vinyl is preferable would still exist in a digital copy, so it's like the worst of both worlds.