Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

RAVPower 65W 4-Port Charging station $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2021 6:25 pm
Aug 18, 2019
59 posts
86 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] RAVPower 65W 4-Port Charging station $59.99

I was fishing around for a charging brick for my new phone. Came across this deal. Looks to be decent. Has a 1m cord instead of plugging directly into the wall which I find very attractive, features two USB Type-C ports and two USB-A ports. Charges phones and mobile computers. Supports 65w charging though a single port. Has a bunch of protection features as well. I double checked the price history and this is the lowest price in Amazon history. All other chargers I was looking at did not have 4 ports and if they did there was no dedicated 65w port, or they were off brands which I've never heard of and still within the same price range.

Original Price: $211.82
Current Price: 59.99
Discount: $151.83 (72%)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08DFK ... UTF8&psc=1
Images
  • rav.PNG
22 replies
Jun 15, 2019
357 posts
710 upvotes
Deal? It's been at this price since the beginning of the year :x
Aug 18, 2019
59 posts
86 upvotes
rokask wrote: Deal? It's been at this price since the beginning of the year :x
Yeah, call me crazy but 72% off a good quality multi purpose charger is a good deal. We're only two months into the year champ, settle down.
Jun 15, 2019
357 posts
710 upvotes
jareb426 wrote: Yeah, call me crazy but 72% off a good quality multi purpose charger is a good deal. We're only two months into the year champ, settle down.
How was this ever worth $200+? Just seems fishy to me.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Don't worry, I am sure it will be reported soon... apparently if the item isn't sold by Amazon and have a +1000 rating it can't be listed here, just had a great deal on earbuds deleted, someone reported it for that reason. Wasn't a shill post at all, this one, hmmm... possibly.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Nov 13, 2013
42 posts
110 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
As another poster mentioned this "sale price" has been it's list price since January 4th.

Can't speak to value but I do like that the outputs are not at wall socket so it's somewhat unique.
Images
  • SmartSelect_20210220-145331_Firefox.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3573 upvotes
rokask wrote: How was this ever worth $200+? Just seems fishy to me.
Do you even know what you are looking at? This isn't just a rinky dink phone charger. The GaN properties are worth this price alone.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
Does this thing buzz or whine? That's the biggest killer for me with aftermarket chargers.
Jun 15, 2019
357 posts
710 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: Do you even know what you are looking at? This isn't just a rinky dink phone charger. The GaN properties are worth this price alone.
No they are not. Bought a RavPower 45W USB C charger with "GaN properties" for $20.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
bought the Ravpower GaN 90W 2x USB-C port for $37 2 months ago, I take that as my new watt/price metric to determine if it's a good deal or not.
Right now it is at $45 for 90W, so 2W/$1 which blows this one (1.08W/$1) away and I don't care for those USB-A ports as its just gonna take power away from the other ports.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
3475 posts
3995 upvotes
GTA
rokask wrote: How was this ever worth $200+? Just seems fishy to me.
Amazon USA lists it for $59 USD as their regular price then $43 after discount and coupon. Seems Amazon Canada is using Canadian Tire marketing strategy of grossly inflating the regular price.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3573 upvotes
rokask wrote: No they are not. Bought a RavPower 45W USB C charger with "GaN properties" for $20.
Yeah, sure. You can buy 45w chargers with GaN for fairly cheap; but that's not what this is. This is essentially a charger that can simultaneously charge multiple devices; with a long lead cord. A super fancy pants charging brick coupled with a compact extension cord. 200 bucks seems ludicrous, but at this price it makes sense.
May 6, 2012
41 posts
126 upvotes
Not worth! Not a good price. You can get 65w GaN chargers around 30 bucks.
May 6, 2012
41 posts
126 upvotes
Not worth! Not a good price. You can get 65w GaN chargers around 30 bucks.
Jun 15, 2019
357 posts
710 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: Yeah, sure. You can buy 45w chargers with GaN for fairly cheap; but that's not what this is. This is essentially a charger that can simultaneously charge multiple devices; with a long lead cord. A super fancy pants charging brick coupled with a compact extension cord. 200 bucks seems ludicrous, but at this price it makes sense.
Buddy, if you like it and want it - go for it! We are not discussing if YOU should or not. We are sharing the feeling that it's not worth it for people who don't need it :D You know "Pulled the trigger, now have to figure out where to use it"-kind-of-deal.
Sep 14, 2018
395 posts
653 upvotes
Just an FYI, all these rav chargers work great...but the foldable prongs suck. If you're using your phone while it's plugged in, the power brick will easily fall outta the wall
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3573 upvotes
rokask wrote: Buddy, if you like it and want it - go for it! We are not discussing if YOU should or not. We are sharing the feeling that it's not worth it for people who don't need it :D You know "Pulled the trigger, now have to figure out where to use it"-kind-of-deal.
. .. that's also what I did? lol