Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

RAVPower FileHub Plus, Wireless Travel Router, 6700mAh External Battery Pack - 47.59

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2018 1:16 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4842 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] RAVPower FileHub Plus, Wireless Travel Router, 6700mAh External Battery Pack - 47.59

Normal price is $60 and this is probably the lowest price you'll see except for Black Friday

RAVPower FileHub Plus,Wireless Travel Router, SD Card Reader USB Portable Hard Drive Companion, DLNA NAS Sharing Media Streamer 6700mAh External Battery Pack, Black

SHARE INSTANTLY: Share your precious photos and videos with family and friends using the Filehub Plus mobile or desktop app.
ENDLESS STREAMING: Seamlessly stream your videos, photos, and music to your connected TVs, media players, Chromecast,Roku, and other DLNA devices
FREE UP SPACE: Backup your photos and videos from your iPhone, Android phones, iPador other mobile devices to attached USB flash drive, hard disk, SDHC, SDXC cards. Free up space on your phones.
ACCESS POINT: Instantly convert a wired network to wireless. Internal dual band antennas allow for better network performance
EXTERNAL BATTERY PACK: Built-in 6000 mAh power bank (5V/1A) enables you charge most smartphones 2 times
Last edited by john.canad on Sep 22nd, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
Greatly appreciated if you add price in title. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1312 posts
1187 upvotes
Hongcouver
With most hotels now, it is pointless to bring a chromecast with you as most hotels wifi have those "login required" or "I agree to terms and condition" pages before you can use the internet, and Chromecast never setup with those. I wonder if this would solve that problem? I used to bring my Chromecast everywhere I go (and I travel a lot).

Anyone have experience with those?
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Dec 17, 2009
123 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa
DealPanda wrote: With most hotels now, it is pointless to bring a chromecast with you as most hotels wifi have those "login required" or "I agree to terms and condition" pages before you can use the internet, and Chromecast never setup with those. I wonder if this would solve that problem? I used to bring my Chromecast everywhere I go (and I travel a lot).

Anyone have experience with those?
Actually with such a router you could connect it to the hotel's wifi network (or wired Ethernet, even better), use your phone (first connected to the router's inside wifi network) to sign into the hotel's network (if required) then get the Chromecast connected to the same router inside wifi network. That is what I do with my Chromecast and works great (although I use a GL.inet AR300M for portable router. With it I can also VPN into my Asus home router, especially useful when traveling in the US and I want to access Canadian online content.

You could also get a Roku Stick or Amazon Fire Stick, they both allow signing in to a hotel's network...
Apr 5, 2003
318 posts
62 upvotes
Edmonton
this is great for any photographers.. you can hook up your sd cards and transfer them over to an external hd without a computer. great for travel!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
kashirat wrote: this is great for any photographers.. you can hook up your sd cards and transfer them over to an external hd without a computer. great for travel!
+1 on this

Used this with my GoPro to transfer over 100GB worth of footage to an external without laptop.

Also used this to stream movies to my phone when i ran out of stuff to watch on the plane.
Sep 10, 2015
501 posts
406 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Does anyone know the speed on this for 2.4ghz? Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4842 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa
kashirat wrote: this is great for any photographers.. you can hook up your sd cards and transfer them over to an external hd without a computer. great for travel!
How does that work?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1764 posts
349 upvotes
Vancouver
How long did it take to transfer the 100GB of video media? Was it to an external HDD?
jono454 wrote: +1 on this

Used this with my GoPro to transfer over 100GB worth of footage to an external without laptop.

Also used this to stream movies to my phone when i ran out of stuff to watch on the plane.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5865 posts
1594 upvotes
Thanks OP, want to buy one but so many questions, hoping someone can help:
- Does anyone know if it's usb 2.0 or 3.0?

- It says "EXTERNAL BATTERY PACK: Built-in 6000 mAh power bank (5V/1A) enables you charge most smartphones 2 times" Does that mean that it needs to be plugged into another power source while it's running? Cause if it needs power, then you need to carry around a usb hub as well to transfer files into a hard drive.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6312 posts
3838 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
TruE SkiLLS wrote: Thanks OP, want to buy one but so many questions, hoping someone can help:
- Does anyone know if it's usb 2.0 or 3.0?

- It says "EXTERNAL BATTERY PACK: Built-in 6000 mAh power bank (5V/1A) enables you charge most smartphones 2 times" Does that mean that it needs to be plugged into another power source while it's running? Cause if it needs power, then you need to carry around a usb hub as well to transfer files into a hard drive.
It has been awhile since I have used mine but I'm pretty sure it's just USB 2.0. You do not need to plug it in to use it as it can run off the built-in battery but of course if you're going for days at a time you're going to need to bring something to charge it if you use it a lot.
john.canad wrote: How does that work?
I did the same thing on our honeymoon. It was actually why I bought this device. You pop the SD card in, connect a USB hard drive to the USB port and then connect to the device via cellphone. There is an app to download and you use it to move the files from SD to USB HDD.

I bought this early last year and so far have only used it on our one trip but I felt it was definitely worth it.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4842 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa
ChicoQuente wrote: It has been awhile since I have used mine but I'm pretty sure it's just USB 2.0. You do not need to plug it in to use it as it can run off the built-in battery but of course if you're going for days at a time you're going to need to bring something to charge it if you use it a lot.

Black is 2.0. The white one they now have listed is 3.0
Apr 5, 2003
318 posts
62 upvotes
Edmonton
john.canad wrote: Black is 2.0. The white one they now have listed is 3.0
Damn I didn't realize that. worth it to pay a few extra bucks if it can transfer at usb3 speeds.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7606 posts
5668 upvotes
Ottawa
I have this long time ago, but I never used it, I think I got it 30ish
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4043 posts
1460 upvotes
GTA North
ChicoQuente wrote: It has been awhile since I have used mine but I'm pretty sure it's just USB 2.0. You do not need to plug it in to use it as it can run off the built-in battery but of course if you're going for days at a time you're going to need to bring something to charge it if you use it a lot.

I did the same thing on our honeymoon. It was actually why I bought this device. You pop the SD card in, connect a USB hard drive to the USB port and then connect to the device via cellphone. There is an app to download and you use it to move the files from SD to USB HDD.

I bought this early last year and so far have only used it on our one trip but I felt it was definitely worth it.
What if the photos / videos are on the cellphone because it doesn't have expandable storage. i.e. any Iphone , Pixel, Essential ?
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6312 posts
3838 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
tkl wrote: What if the photos / videos are on the cellphone because it doesn't have expandable storage. i.e. any Iphone , Pixel, Essential ?

I was specifically replying to a message regarding SD cards. I do believe the app will also give you access to your phone's photos to transfer them to SD or USB as well
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
artofwar wrote: How long did it take to transfer the 100GB of video media? Was it to an external HDD?
External HDD.

Honestly not too sure how long it took to transfer 100GB..typically did it per day (~8-10GB) and i would leave it on overnight to complete the file transfer.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4842 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa
jono454 wrote: External HDD.

Honestly not too sure how long it took to transfer 100GB..typically did it per day (~8-10GB) and i would leave it on overnight to complete the file transfer.
Also, my understanding is that you can connect this to an external HD and basically turn it into a "cloud" ? Or do you have to use the app in order to transfer files

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)