Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Rockwell Stainless Steel Razor 6S - $104.45

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2019 5:40 pm
Apr 13, 2008
289 posts
453 upvotes
Bancroft
Sep 25, 2016
182 posts
67 upvotes
YuFengY80113 wrote: This or a vintage Gillette like a Fatboy or Slim?
I was eyeballing the rockwell and realized that I would end up losing the extra parts. I found a NOS slim adjustable on ebay for about $60 and grabbed it. I use it pretty often and its great, gets rotated with a red tip and a merkur slant
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
I don’t think this is $50 better than the Merkur
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
How is this razor better than the $50 Merkur HD Heavy Duty?

I'm a fan of double edged shaving but $105 for a razor is a lot of money.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
I gave DE razors a try for a while but I just ended up nicking myself more times than I cared. I don't know if the feather stainless blades I was using were too sharp or my technique just sucked (more likely the latter) but I just gave up after a while. I really wanted it to work as the blades are so cheap (after making the initial investment) but it wasn't to be.
Mar 13, 2017
389 posts
345 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: I don’t think this is $50 better than the Merkur
Kurtz7834 wrote: How is this razor better than the $50 Merkur HD Heavy Duty?

I'm a fan of double edged shaving but $105 for a razor is a lot of money.
- This one is stainless steel vs chrome plated alloy (alloy being less durable). However, the alloy razor will also last a long time or parts can be replaced.
- Adjustable plates alloys for more/less blade exposure to the skin so it could effect the how quickly (efficiency) and closeness of the shave.
- Heft: This thing is likely a bit heavier than the chrome/alloy. It's known to be well balanced, which I think is nicer for "letting the razor" do the work. Personally, I would be less inclined to apply pressure to the razor while shaving.

Note that I haven't used one myself but I've been researching the various shaving forums and it's a very popular one.
My current DE89 works great already.
Mar 23, 2012
44 posts
62 upvotes
Brampton
For adjustable razors, which one is better?
Rockwell 6s or Merkur Futur?
I have been hesitating to buy the Futur because of its abnormally large head.
But I might go for this one.
Mar 13, 2017
389 posts
345 upvotes
Tig wrote: I gave DE razors a try for a while but I just ended up nicking myself more times than I cared. I don't know if the feather stainless blades I was using were too sharp or my technique just sucked (more likely the latter) but I just gave up after a while. I really wanted it to work as the blades are so cheap (after making the initial investment) but it wasn't to be.
I suggest a different brand of blades. I have been shaving for a year and I still can't use the feather blades - they're really sharp.
Going to a milder blade - find a sample pack maybe? - might help.

The biggest thing I'm still learning is trying not to apply pressure to the razor while shaving.
As soon as I do that, especially around the neck area, there's hell to pay.

Gotta admit, the whole wet shaving thing is not as quick as the old gel/cartridge shave.
However, it has been a nice routine and it does feel pretty meditative.
I actually enjoy shaving.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2451 posts
873 upvotes
Lazy Susan wrote: You just weren't looking hard enough. Amazon, eBay,

https://www.maggardrazors.com/product/d ... -12-types/

https://www.fendrihan.ca/collections/sa ... r-samplers

https://www.razorbladesclub.com/

For arts and crafts and automotive and other non shaving things I would recommend these

https://www.amazon.ca/STANLEY-11-515-2- ... 000NNIIQM/?
For you, it must involve dexterity and art to shave down there.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
Jimmydeals wrote: I suggest a different brand of blades. I have been shaving for a year and I still can't use the feather blades - they're really sharp.
Going to a milder blade - find a sample pack maybe? - might help.

The biggest thing I'm still learning is trying not to apply pressure to the razor while shaving.
As soon as I do that, especially around the neck area, there's hell to pay.

Gotta admit, the whole wet shaving thing is not as quick as the old gel/cartridge shave.
However, it has been a nice routine and it does feel pretty meditative.
I actually enjoy shaving.
Thanks OP! Your experience seems to describe mine. Had to keep reminding myself to let the weight of the razor do the heavy lifting.

Any reco on a milder blade, more forgiving blade?
Dec 28, 2011
514 posts
427 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Looking at the price history this item is pretty much always this price except for a bump recently. Super cold, and not a deal. I really wish people did basic verification before posting these "deals".

Mar 13, 2017
389 posts
345 upvotes
Tig wrote: Thanks OP! Your experience seems to describe mine. Had to keep reminding myself to let the weight of the razor do the heavy lifting.

Any reco on a milder blade, more forgiving blade?
I should have asked - which DE razor do you have?
For reference, I have an EJ DE89 - considered a 'milder' shaver i.e. there's not much blade edge exposed to the skin.
So it's a little more forgiving for technique.

The sample blade pack that I am currently using is this set from Fendrihan.
From my experience:
- The feather is hit/miss. I need to be extra careful (gentle) when using them. However, they shave very quickly.
- Persona's are great. Not too many nicks from them. I find they don't last too long, maybe 4 shaves (3 pass)
- Dorco - pretty good. I use them and honestly wasn't blown away. No issues with them though.
- Derby Extra: The first shave with this blade irritates my skin - not sure why. After that, they're good. Last little bit longer than personas for me.
- Astra: Good blades. No issue with them. Last longer than some others. Don't remember these cutting me too much. lol.

Honestly, it's a little tricky to pin-point what was best. They vary depending on your skin type too.
My lathering/soaps I've used have changed, my technique has improved and I'm still experimenting.
However, those feathers...still get me good.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
andreid wrote: For you, it must involve dexterity and art to shave down there.
Did you just assume my gender?
Jesus saves, I spend
Mar 13, 2017
389 posts
345 upvotes
ExplodingFist wrote: Looking at the price history this item is pretty much always this price except for a bump recently. Super cold, and not a deal. I really wish people did basic verification before posting these "deals".

I did use the popular site to check history.
Mind sharing which one you used for future posts?

I also searched the RFD forum for past history.
Or would you rather others not post to this forum at all?

Dec 28, 2011
514 posts
427 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Jimmydeals wrote: I did use the popular site to check history.
Mind sharing which one you used for future posts?

I also searched the RFD forum for past history.
Or would you rather others not post to this forum at all?

Keepa browser plugin. Shows the history when viewing any item, and gives far more data than CCC (i.e. flash deals). You can tell the price spikes are due Amazon being out of stock, where 3rd party sellers take over (at inflated prices), which means this price is the norm for Amazon, minus a dollar. You usually catch fake Amazon sales (inflated actual price where historically the price is the sale price) that get posted here, and items that have flash deals once a day that get posted here (sometimes by the seller based on their post history). Don't take my comment personally, it's just frustrating since more than 50% of amazon posts lately really have not been deals, combined with the fact that you could get more than a year supply of disposable mach 3 blades for this price.

I'm surprised CCCs update rate is so infrequent in comparison to be honest.
Mar 13, 2017
389 posts
345 upvotes
ExplodingFist wrote: Keepa browser plugin. Shows the history when viewing any item, and gives far more data than CCC (i.e. flash deals). You can tell the price spikes are due Amazon being out of stock, where 3rd party sellers take over (at inflated prices), which means this price is the norm for Amazon, minus a dollar.

I'm surprised CCCs update rate is so infrequent in comparison to be honest.
Great thanks!

The amazon price was around 118 a few weeks ago. CCC servers were down for a while so they've probably not recovered all their data yet.
I didn't bite on the razor then because I wasn't able to check history.
Then the price went up to $128.xx. for a couple weeks.
Most other seller sites (Fendrihan, Topofthechain, Italianbarber) etc have this listed at $132 which is about $100USD (the price on most US sites).

This razor is sold by the rockwell and fulfilled by Amazon. I try to avoid third party tbh so din't bother with those prices.

So yeah, little missing background info led to a regular price being put up as a hot deal.
I did my checks before posting though.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Cheers OP in for one!

. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
Jimmydeals wrote: I should have asked - which DE razor do you have?
For reference, I have an EJ DE89 - considered a 'milder' shaver i.e. there's not much blade edge exposed to the skin.
So it's a little more forgiving for technique.

The sample blade pack that I am currently using is this set from Fendrihan.
From my experience:
- The feather is hit/miss. I need to be extra careful (gentle) when using them. However, they shave very quickly.
- Persona's are great. Not too many nicks from them. I find they don't last too long, maybe 4 shaves (3 pass)
- Dorco - pretty good. I use them and honestly wasn't blown away. No issues with them though.
- Derby Extra: The first shave with this blade irritates my skin - not sure why. After that, they're good. Last little bit longer than personas for me.
- Astra: Good blades. No issue with them. Last longer than some others. Don't remember these cutting me too much. lol.

Honestly, it's a little tricky to pin-point what was best. They vary depending on your skin type too.
My lathering/soaps I've used have changed, my technique has improved and I'm still experimenting.
However, those feathers...still get me good.
So, I couldn't remember the name/model, so I had to do a bit of 'googling' but I found out that I have the: RazoRock Classic Twist To Open DE.

I have heard good things about Astras, but I think I'll do the same thing and get a sample pack and just see what works. Thanks man, I am going to give this another try which is cool, because I hate disposables. They suck.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12348 posts
5403 upvotes
Tig wrote: I gave DE razors a try for a while but I just ended up nicking myself more times than I cared. I don't know if the feather stainless blades I was using were too sharp or my technique just sucked (more likely the latter) but I just gave up after a while. I really wanted it to work as the blades are so cheap (after making the initial investment) but it wasn't to be.
Technique is a big thing we DE razors. I have very sensitive skin but finally after 6 months of trial and error and now fully converted to DE shaving - it's been 3 years now. There's a ton of how to videos on youtube if you want to give it another shot. Has saved me a ton of money and also get a much better shave.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus