Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Rockwell Stainless Steel Razor 6S - $104.45

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2019 5:40 pm
Apr 13, 2008
116 posts
148 upvotes
Bancroft
Buy the cheap razors in a 3 pack at Dollarama. Great shaves and last a long time.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2658 posts
1861 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Paymethemoney wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 11:43 pm
Someone enlighten me why I should opt for this vs a cheaper option like this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Double-Safety-Raz ... 54GQMR1S29
You don't need a $100 razor to get a good shave, but I do recommend getting something better than the $20 tier or you might end up deciding you don't like using a DE razor, and never realize it was mostly because of the razor. Early on when I got into it I bought a few (OK more than a few) of various kinds and can tell you that there is a difference in the experience using a good vs. mediocre razor.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
7848 posts
2205 upvotes
eebest wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:19 pm
Buy the cheap razors in a 3 pack at Dollarama. Great shaves and last a long time.
They won't last as long as a DE shave so DE is still cheaper
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2658 posts
1861 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Tig wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:26 am
I gave DE razors a try for a while but I just ended up nicking myself more times than I cared. I don't know if the feather stainless blades I was using were too sharp or my technique just sucked (more likely the latter) but I just gave up after a while. I really wanted it to work as the blades are so cheap (after making the initial investment) but it wasn't to be.
Same here, but I stuck with it. I too found I cut myself a lot more with the Feathers. I did read that they're a very sharp blade, and some even say they're aggressive as well - though I don't know how that could be unless they're wider than standard size (I doubt it). Part of the equation is how aggressive your razor is, but a bigger part is whether you spend enough time getting the habit down.
Come to think of it I still have some Feathers... I wonder if I'll have any trouble with them now.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2658 posts
1861 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jimmydeals wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:45 am
I suggest a different brand of blades. I have been shaving for a year and I still can't use the feather blades - they're really sharp.
Going to a milder blade - find a sample pack maybe? - might help.

The biggest thing I'm still learning is trying not to apply pressure to the razor while shaving.
As soon as I do that, especially around the neck area, there's hell to pay.

Gotta admit, the whole wet shaving thing is not as quick as the old gel/cartridge shave.
However, it has been a nice routine and it does feel pretty meditative.
I actually enjoy shaving.
+1 And I'd add that your skill does keep improving every time, even if just slightly, and after some time you do get pretty fast again with no trouble. Especially once you find a razor, blade, and soap that work well for you.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2658 posts
1861 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jimmydeals wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:36 am
I should have asked - which DE razor do you have?
For reference, I have an EJ DE89 - considered a 'milder' shaver i.e. there's not much blade edge exposed to the skin.
So it's a little more forgiving for technique.

The sample blade pack that I am currently using is this set from Fendrihan.
From my experience:
- The feather is hit/miss. I need to be extra careful (gentle) when using them. However, they shave very quickly.
- Persona's are great. Not too many nicks from them. I find they don't last too long, maybe 4 shaves (3 pass)
- Dorco - pretty good. I use them and honestly wasn't blown away. No issues with them though.
- Derby Extra: The first shave with this blade irritates my skin - not sure why. After that, they're good. Last little bit longer than personas for me.
- Astra: Good blades. No issue with them. Last longer than some others. Don't remember these cutting me too much. lol.

Honestly, it's a little tricky to pin-point what was best. They vary depending on your skin type too.
My lathering/soaps I've used have changed, my technique has improved and I'm still experimenting.
However, those feathers...still get me good.
+1
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3133 posts
822 upvotes
Mississauga
OakAged wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:24 pm
Same here, but I stuck with it. I too found I cut myself a lot more with the Feathers. I did read that they're a very sharp blade, and some even say they're aggressive as well - though I don't know how that could be unless they're wider than standard size (I doubt it). Part of the equation is how aggressive your razor is, but a bigger part is whether you spend enough time getting the habit down.
Come to think of it I still have some Feathers... I wonder if I'll have any trouble with them now.
thanks man, you guys have convinced me to give it another go! I ordered a pack of astras. They seem to be getting the best overall reviews.
[OP]
Mar 13, 2017
288 posts
269 upvotes
Hsharpreet wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:40 pm
OP just wasted my 2mins. 👎🏻 For deal
Some advice:

Get faster internet.
Read the description and price before opening the thread.
Don't comment.
Grow up.

Your self-created problem addressed.

You're welcome.
Dec 3, 2018
196 posts
81 upvotes
I am neither a fan of Gillette or any other but these razors are really dangerous. If you know what you are looking for then buy this otherwise I have seen people cutting their face with it. These open blades might cut your fingers one day, hopefully children at your home stays out of reach for this too.
My father used it for like whole life and still uses it. He is old guy and doesn't want to change. I have grown up seeing this razors.
Probably suggest you to have a razor with covered blades.
Dec 3, 2018
196 posts
81 upvotes
LOL, yeah my internet connection took 2 mins to open this. I will get a better one, would you like to suggest?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3187 posts
272 upvotes
GVR
The amount of trolling, ignorance and misinformation in this thread...

This is regarded as one of the absolute best adjustable SS razors out there for versatility, ease of use and quality for the money. Another one that's a benchmark for bang for the buck is the Razorock Game Changer.

Razors like these are a very noticeable step up in quality from a mass produced razor for obvious reasons (more durable) but especially because most of them are mild razors, which for a lot of people don't necessarily offer the optimal shave.

There's way more to razors: material, weight, blade gap, aggressiveness, efficency, head designs (open/closed comb, slants, etc). Two razors can feel EXTREMELY differently. But this is one of the 6S's selling points - its adjust ability lets you discover your preferences.

OF COURSE there is a massive difference between this and a $10 razor; if you think otherwise you're clueless. $100 is not even premium price for a modern stainless steel razor.

Go look at the likes of Wolfman, Timeless, Blackland, Paradigm if you want to know what premium tier hardware is - these are $300-$1000+ razors and tons of people justify the money spent on them. But in wet shaving, price doesn't mean everything to a certain degree as everyone's mileage varies tremendously and premium hardware past a certain point don't necessarily mean better performance - some razors are expensive because of the labour involved in machining them in limited quantities and the quality of the craftsmanship. Wolfman razors start at $500 with a handle and literally sell out within minutes when available with zero announcement by Wolfman.

OP, I feel for you trying to share a deal and getting bombarded with downvotes and troll posts / thread crapping.

If you're looking into converting to safety razor shaving, do yourself a favour and go to places like Badger&Blade (they have a good forum with extremely helpful members, and great wiki for info) or watch a good guide on YouTube.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1147 posts
699 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Why is durability a concern? Who is breaking cheap razors so they need to buy an expensive one?

As for the other benefits like blade angle, gap, and all that... that makes sense. $100 is still pretty damn steep, and this is not a hot deal. It's regular price for the most part.
Cheap tickets to Waitress in Ottawa:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ottawa- ... h-2338443/
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2658 posts
1861 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hsharpreet wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 3:11 am
I am neither a fan of Gillette or any other but these razors are really dangerous. If you know what you are looking for then buy this otherwise I have seen people cutting their face with it. These open blades might cut your fingers one day, hopefully children at your home stays out of reach for this too.
My father used it for like whole life and still uses it. He is old guy and doesn't want to change. I have grown up seeing this razors.
Probably suggest you to have a razor with covered blades.
This *is* a razor with covered blades. That's why it's also called a safety razor. And they are not dangerous if you handle the blades with even a little bit of common sense. Of course there are some people who shouldn't touch razor blades, kitchen knives, ice skates, can openers, etc. but that does not mean shaving razors are dangerous. And yes, some things do need to be stored where children can't get at them.

If you father can shave with this, you probably can too.