Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

RSP AminoLean - Amino Energy Pre Workout Powder - $11.79 (after coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2019 10:05 am
Dec 3, 2018
849 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
Melkor wrote: My preworkout stack:
Beta-alanine
Creatine
Citrulline malate
200-400mg caffeine (depending how awake I am)

I drink BCAAs during workout

I mix the top three in a little water and down it. It tastes like shit, but you get used to it. Buying all the ingredients separate is a little pricey at first, but it all lasts wayyyyy longer and you can give yourself a proper dose.
Good to know your style. Have you tried MyProtein's amino energy? It costs around $18 (average after coupons) and contains a good mixture of everything. I am not sure about ingredients but I just compared with the one I had C4 fat burner and I found every salt is either more or equal and it was cheaper than C4.

Let me know. TIA.
Dec 3, 2018
849 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
Thanks OP! Ordered with free shipping for Prime MembersSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Jun 26, 2019
348 posts
839 upvotes
benji82 wrote: jack3d

lulz dat dere DMAA. goodnight sweet prince.

stay safe brahs
"DMAA is not a dietary ingredient, and DMAA-containing products marketed as dietary supplements are illegal and their marketing violates the law. ... Taking DMAA can raise blood pressure and lead to cardiovascular problems ranging from shortness of breath and tightening in the chest to heart attack."

Typical supplement industry... lace your product with a prescription nasal decongestant.

Anyone remember when...

- A Canadian Olympic athlete was banned for steroids because his Costco Kaizen whey was contaminated?

- Consumer Reports tested the top whey products and found that they had heavy metals way over the daily limit?

- When a bodybuilding.com user had several whey products tested and found that several brands had high sugar and way less protein than advertised?

- When CBC and a University tested fish oil supplements and found that most were rancid?

- etc etc.

Who still takes this unregulated and untested crap?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Hsharpreet wrote: Thanks OP! Ordered with free shipping for Prime MembersSmiling Face With Sunglasses
I guess you skipped the conversation where it was explained how useless it is. Perhaps just give it to the charity next time you have extra $13...

dealzhuntr wrote: "DMAA is not a dietary ingredient, and DMAA-containing products marketed as dietary supplements are illegal and their marketing violates the law. ... Taking DMAA can raise blood pressure and lead to cardiovascular problems ranging from shortness of breath and tightening in the chest to heart attack."

Typical supplement industry... lace your product with a prescription nasal decongestant.

Anyone remember when...

- A Canadian Olympic athlete was banned for steroids because his Costco Kaizen whey was contaminated?

- Consumer Reports tested the top whey products and found that they had heavy metals way over the daily limit?

- When a bodybuilding.com user had several whey products tested and found that several brands had high sugar and way less protein than advertised?

- When CBC and a University tested fish oil supplements and found that most were rancid?

- etc etc.

I tried the original Jack3d back in the day. I also tried DMAA on its own before it got banned. Though, a few gr I had lasted me for many years after... I don't consider it any worse than coffee and I don't believe it should be banned at all! It was definitely better than coffee. As with pretty much everything, if you are healthy, you will be ok. And as with everything, I believe you should know what you are putting in your mouth. I knew what it is, I did a lot of research and never exceeded 40-60mg per dose 1-2 times a week at the most, unlike some on forums who were sniffing and eating up to 200mg of dmaa every day.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Dec 3, 2018
849 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
dazz wrote: I guess you skipped the conversation where it was explained how useless it is. Perhaps just give it to the charity next time you have extra $13...

I tried the original Jack3d back in the day. I also tried DMAA on its own before it got banned. Though, a few gr I had lasted me for many years after... I don't consider it any worse than coffee and I don't believe it should be banned at all! It was definitely better than coffee. As with pretty much everything, if you are healthy, you will be ok. And as with everything, I believe you should know what you are putting in your mouth. I knew what it is, I did a lot of research and never exceeded 40-60mg per dose 1-2 times a week at the most, unlike some on forums who were sniffing and eating up to 200mg of dmaa every day.
Cancelled my order🤣. Thanks man!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
dealzhuntr wrote: "DMAA is not a dietary ingredient, and DMAA-containing products marketed as dietary supplements are illegal and their marketing violates the law. ... Taking DMAA can raise blood pressure and lead to cardiovascular problems ranging from shortness of breath and tightening in the chest to heart attack."

Anyone remember when...

- etc etc.

The regulated industries has just as much crap in it.
Dec 3, 2018
849 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
dazz wrote: NOT worth a try.
Let me explain why.
ingredients are shiiat.
Let me explain why
Caffeine @ 125mg is too low as pre-workout. 200-300 is what you get from a cup of Starbucks. If you are a coffee drinker, you won't feel the 125mg
Let me continue
Aminos ingredient amount is laughable. You won't get much from it aside from perhaps 1-2 uses,if you never used those before.
Let me explain why
there are ONLY 5gr(5000mg) of aminos there. L-Arginine (specifically AAKG) alone has to be 10-12gr and a great PUMP giver. NOTHING more. Again, has to be taken at the proper high dosage
Let's continue
L-Glutamine is NOT a pre-workout amino. You also need at least 5gr of it or better 20gr+ throughout the day. Not that I think anyone should take Glutamine at all.
Leucinie and others in the same category are found in protein. If you are taking a pre-workout protein, it's kind of useless. Especially at the tiny dosage provided.
CLA as fat burn is questionable. I don't use it nor would recommend it. When a study doesn't find the findings conclusive, I don't trust the supplement
Beta-Alanine needs to be at 3gr to have effect(may take a few weeks for the side effects to leave your body lol) Amazing amino, BUT not exactly a pre-workout as it needs a couple of weeks to start working!

L-Carnitine... Well, people behind this didn't know how to spell this so they spelled it as L-carntine. Not good. L-Carnitine should be taken at about 1gr so in this stack is is at very low volume which means it is useless. If my memory serves me well, it should also be taken on empty stomach for the best effect.
Green Tea extract.... I wonder if they know that it does have caffeine and counted towards the 125mg of caffeine....
l-threonine - I believe we get enough of it with food(eggs, protein,milk,etc) Either way, if you actually think you need supplementation I believe the dosage per day should be 3-5gr and has to be taken with Magnesium, which is EXCLUDED in this stack while being a very important mineral. Either way, it is NOT a pre-workout!!

Oh, people they use as "real results" are on Steroids, so fake marketing.

In any case, I am not sure it is worth $12. Get some protein, get some AAKG for the pump some beta-alanine for an extra rep, some coffee as a pill or just coffee for that extra energy( before you crush lol) , ZMA to avoid cramps and other issues and you are good. If buying in bulk as powder, some of these will be extremely cheap and can last you a year or more. Oh, maybe add creatine to the stack of things to take, yet Creatine is NOT a pre-workout and you can take it at any time. Anyone saying otherwise are full of poo.
Don't fall for the SCAMS the supplement companies are pushing. If not taken at proper dosages, with research behind those doses, these are COMPLETELY USELESS
I didn't know a thing from this. Have you tried MyProtein's amino energy? It costs around $18 (average, after coupons) and contains a good mixture of everything. I am not sure about ingredients but I just compared with the one I had C4 fat burner and I found every salt is either more or equal and it was cheaper than C4. Let me know please. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Hsharpreet wrote: I didn't know a thing from this. Have you tried MyProtein's amino energy? It costs around $18 (average, after coupons) and contains a NOT GOOD mixture of everything. I am not sure about ingredients but I just compared with the one I had C4 fat burner and I found every salt is either more or equal and it was cheaper than C4. Let me know please. Thanks.
lol, I fixed it for you in bold...

I haven't tried it, but took a look before ordering The NEURO as it was only $5.

With Amino Energy, it doesn't have much in it just like this $11.79 crap. Not sure what is worse,but at least with Myprotein you can see the mg and you can trust the amounts. The only good ingredient in there is coffee and perhaps L-theanine, but it doesn' thave proper amounts. If your goal is a preworkout, it won't do much at all. The suggested dosage would have to be exceeded by about 3X. But as I said before, then why not just buy coffee pills at $4 for 200...
There are a lot of studies so I suggest you read up on the ingredients. Take citruline, the following study was at 2.4gram : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26900386
Though I've seen studies with far more so .500mg is useless. Plus there's some difference between malate and L... Anyhow, I don't take it personally though I believe at proper dosage it may provide some benefit to some.

Now, if your goal is preworkout supplement to give you energy, try https://ca.myprotein.com/sports-nutriti ... 42750.html if you can find a coupon for it. It has a nice list of nootropics that do work. Though after the bottle is gone, I would suggest getting some of those(or/and others) in powder form to get better value and @ proper doses.

C4- line up is another crap that was hyped up by marketing and a lot of fake claims. A lot of people fell for it as nobody wants to do 10 minutes to research. C4 is mainly (underdosed) beta alanine and coffee. $40usd+ship for a 30-day supply. If you buy those ingredients in bulk, you will get yourself the same 30 day supply for under $4...
Last edited by dazz on Aug 27th, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 3, 2018
849 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
dazz wrote: lol, I fixed it for you in bold...

I haven't tried it, but took a look before ordering The NEURO as it was only $5.

With Amino Energy, it doesn't have much in it just like this $11.79 crap. Not sure what is worse,but at least with Myprotein you can see the mg and you can trust the amounts. The only good ingredient in there is coffee and perhaps L-theanine, but it doesn' thave proper amounts. If your goal is a preworkout, it won't do much at all. The suggested dosage would have to be exceeded by about 3X. But as I said before, then why not just buy coffee pills at $4 for 200...

Now, if your goal is preworkout supplement to give you energy, try https://ca.myprotein.com/sports-nutriti ... 42750.html if you can find a coupon for it. It has a nice list of nootropics that do work. Though after the bottle is gone, I would suggest getting some of those(or/and others) in powder form to get better value and @ proper doses.
Ha ha! I see the fix. Thanks!

So far I believed that this is the best option, lol.
I already have coffee in capsules that I bought from Amazon (link) but I never took it as I had a very bad experience with those capsules in the past. I wasn't able to sleep very well and even after 5-6 hours of sleep at night, I was feeling very active. It seems good but your body doesn't adapt it then I started having very bad headaches and wasn't able to focus on the work. I tried for 30 days regularly.

I am not sure if I continue or not.Thinking Face
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Hsharpreet wrote: Ha ha! I see the fix. Thanks!

So far I believed that this is the best option, lol.
I already have coffee in capsules that I bought from Amazon (link) but I never took it as I had a very bad experience with those capsules in the past. I wasn't able to sleep very well and even after 5-6 hours of sleep at night, I was feeling very active. It seems good but your body doesn't adapt it then I started having very bad headaches and wasn't able to focus on the work. I tried for 30 days regularly.

I am not sure if I continue or not.Thinking Face
While I don't know the reasons you had the reactions, I can guess the following.
1. Coffee half life is up to 6 hours. If you took 200mg at 3pm by 9pm you still have 100mg of caffeine left.
2. Coffee is diuretic. Meaning, you need to drink a lot more WATER Headaches are a common side effect of not drinking enough water. On your workout days you need to drink at least 3L of water. Heck, during my 1.5 hour in the gym I drink about 1L of water.
3. You also shouldn't consume it every day, if possible. I drink decaf on non workout days to make sure my body doesn't adapt to it.

edited the mistake where I said coffee instead of water
Last edited by dazz on Aug 27th, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 3, 2018
849 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
dazz wrote: While I don't know the reasons you had the reactions, I can guess the following.
1. Coffee half life is up to 6 hours. If you took 200mg at 3pm by 9pm you still have 100mg of caffeine left.
2. Coffee is diuretic. Meaning, you need to drink a lot more coffee. Headaches are a common side effect of not drinking enough water. On your workout days you need to drink at least 3L of water. Heck, during my 1.5 hour in the gym I drink about 1L of water.
3. You also shouldn't consume it every day, if possible. I drink decaf on non workout days to make sure my body doesn't adapt to it.
Duly noted. Thanks a lot for answering here. I think it is time for me to do a research. Last questionGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes, If I followed you correctly, can I twice the dosage of Amino Energy from MyProtein, to match with the requirements of actual pre-workout? Just to finish these amino energy before I purchase anything else.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5707 posts
2276 upvotes
dazz wrote: 2. Coffee is diuretic. Meaning, you need to drink a lot more coffee.
You mean more *water* haha. This thread is jokes, just a bunch of supps kings arguing about effectiveness of PWO vs ingredients vs price
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Dec 22, 2017
172 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
mada41 wrote: CanadianProtein is good. I got my Citrulline Malate from MyProtein on a sale, so I'm stocked up on it for a while. Monohydrate (as someone else said).
Have you ordered in bulk from MyProtein before? I want to order 2.2lbs or 1.1 lbs of creatine powder along with 200 caffeine caps, I see there's this message on their website: "Information on Customs restrictions: Due to Canadian customs regulations, Myprotein products may be regarded as Natural Health Products (NHPs), resulting in a maximum amount of 90 days’ worth of an individual product type in your order. Ordering more may result in a delayed customs clearance and/or a complete rejection of your package. We recommend checking how many days’ supply each unit provides before purchase, especially in relation to powders and pills/capsules". Please let me know. Thanks.
Thanks,
GuruIT
Dec 3, 2018
849 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
GuruIT wrote: Have you ordered in bulk from MyProtein before? I want to order 2.2lbs or 1.1 lbs of creatine powder along with 200 caffeine caps, I see there's this message on their website: "Information on Customs restrictions: Due to Canadian customs regulations, Myprotein products may be regarded as Natural Health Products (NHPs), resulting in a maximum amount of 90 days’ worth of an individual product type in your order. Ordering more may result in a delayed customs clearance and/or a complete rejection of your package. We recommend checking how many days’ supply each unit provides before purchase, especially in relation to powders and pills/capsules". Please let me know. Thanks.
I did and believe me that is not a bulk order. I had 5-6 items in the package and it was delayed at the custom clearance. Go ahead and order👍🏻
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
ProfessorChaos wrote: You mean more *water* haha. This thread is jokes, just a bunch of supps kings arguing about effectiveness of PWO vs ingredients vs price
I fixed it. thanks for noticing the obvious mistake!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Hsharpreet wrote: Duly noted. Thanks a lot for answering here. I think it is time for me to do a research. Last questionGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes, If I followed you correctly, can I twice the dosage of Amino Energy from MyProtein, to match with the requirements of actual pre-workout? Just to finish these amino energy before I purchase anything else.
You will have to at least double the dose. Start at that. If you don't feel anything then triple it. That's where I would start personally if I accidentally bought it.
Just perhaps be careful if you are working out in the evening as you may still feel effects as you are going to bed. Unless you are a daily coffee drinker than you may not feel it.
I typically workout in the morning-noon so by night time it's out of my system.

My typical pre workout mix(some ingredients are not for energy but ease of taking)

3gr of creatine
3gr of Beta Alanine
Multivitamin
double espresso
Protein shake with carbs
12gr AAKG
150mg of Magnesium lactate
Plus 1-2 nootropics, which I switch it up. Won't provide details as those are user specific and have to be tried individually.

Posts Workout:
Protein shake with fats +25mg zinc
1gr fish oil ( 1gr before bed)

Then balance food diet with salads and other stuff.
Aug 26, 2019
742 posts
1619 upvotes
dazz wrote: You will have to at least double the dose. Start at that. If you don't feel anything then triple it. That's where I would start personally if I accidentally bought it.
Just perhaps be careful if you are working out in the evening as you may still feel effects as you are going to bed. Unless you are a daily coffee drinker than you may not feel it.
I typically workout in the morning-noon so by night time it's out of my system.

My typical pre workout mix(some ingredients are not for energy but ease of taking)

3gr of creatine
3gr of Beta Alanine
Multivitamin
double espresso
Protein shake with carbs
12gr AAKG
150mg of Magnesium lactate
Plus 1-2 nootropics, which I switch it up. Won't provide details as those are user specific and have to be tried individually.

Posts Workout:
Protein shake with fats +25mg zinc
1gr fish oil ( 1gr before bed)

Then balance food diet with salads and other stuff.
Thanks for sharing. That sounds quite intense though. Do you have any issues with dehydration or digestion? That combo would make my guts explode!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)