Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Ryzen 5 3600 - 286.65$

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 4:23 pm
20 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Shutdown plus garbage CPU pricing.

2020 can't end fast enough.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
4908 posts
584 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
The used market is even worst for decent chips and videocards.Sellers are asking 80% of full retail value for items that came out in early 2019. I read most of the manfucturing is almost at pre covid levels so expect everything from computer to bike parts to come down from the insane covid pricing.So those trying to flip for $$$ better do it soon .
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
I am going to LMAO, when suppliers realize people are just going to delay their builds and figure out that they don't need to upgrade that 2 or 3 year old PC. If AMD and Intel have capacity to build these chips, I would ship them out as fast as possible. Trying to manipulate pricing by controlling supply is just going to get them a LOT of bad press, bad will, and potential classaction lawsuits.
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4378 posts
1597 upvotes
i'll just wait...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 Canada/USA-wide + 6GB since 2018
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
I'd build a cheap Xeon system rather than pay this ridiculously inflated price for this CPU. I'm glad to see some people have the discipline to hold out on this.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Doug Ford may be announcing an Ontario-wide shutdown on Monday.

Prepare for a run on your favorite electronics and computer components.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2709 posts
5163 upvotes
skatola wrote: Ryzen 5 3600 available to order on amazon.ca
In stock Jan 9th, 2021

No discounts, but is out of stock with most retailers
bought this for $260 back in Jan
Rogers 30GB $35
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2286 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
tmonies wrote: I am going to LMAO, when suppliers realize people are just going to delay their builds and figure out that they don't need to upgrade that 2 or 3 year old PC. If AMD and Intel have capacity to build these chips, I would ship them out as fast as possible. Trying to manipulate pricing by controlling supply is just going to get them a LOT of bad press, bad will, and potential classaction lawsuits.
What are you talking about? They're shipping as fast as possible and not holding any back. Both AMD and Intel are building as much as they can. There's only so much production silicon that can be made at a given time. Intel is building 1 or 2 billions+ dollar factories in the US. It takes months to years to forecast the demand and AMD underestimated and Intel keeps failing at 10nm, so they can't produce the number they planned on producing.
Lucky Mobile: $20/3GB Unlimited Canada wide calling. DMINR
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
txenglan wrote: I'd build a cheap Xeon system rather than pay this ridiculously inflated price for this CPU. I'm glad to see some people have the discipline to hold out on this.
With what motherboard lol, better off buying when on sale which there are. People just not patient
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: With what motherboard lol, better off buying when on sale which there are. People just not patient
Not sure what you mean. Any motherboard that supports E5 Xeon. So many people overestimate their gaming requirements.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
txenglan wrote: Not sure what you mean. Any motherboard that supports E5 Xeon. So many people overestimate their gaming requirements.
Why don’t you share some examples? Many don’t support DDR4 non ecc, lack USB or the form factor just sucks
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Why don’t you share some examples? Many don’t support DDR4 non ecc, lack USB or the form factor just sucks
Well I probably shouldn't start posting full build examples in here else it will get deleted for being off topic/derailing but a good place to start is to just watch some videos on YouTube by Tech YES City or Craft Computing (mainly where he does builds using Chinese x79/x99 motherboards.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
$250 in May.

People said to wait for 5000 series. People said to wait for 3000 series from Nvidia. :)

Glad to have my system now.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
txenglan wrote: Quick reminder of how much things have gone pear-shaped in the course of a single year:

amazon-ca-amd-ryzen-7-2700x-113-includi ... n-2342072/

amazon-ca-amd-ryzen-threadripper-2920x- ... 9-2298076/
Wild.. I only started looking for a ryzen to upgrade my 2 core server which is stretched thin atm. I have a tough time paying 4x the previous low from a year ago though on any model. Thanks for the links. I think I'll wait it out another half year then reevaluate and hope the CPU market cools down once things slowly normalize after vaccinations are up. That is my hope anyway, I can't see prices getting worse in the meantime.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
TheGoodDealer wrote: Wild.. I only started looking for a ryzen to upgrade my 2 core server which is stretched thin atm. I have a tough time paying 4x the previous low from a year ago though on any model. Thanks for the links. I think I'll wait it out another half year then reevaluate and hope the CPU market cools down once things slowly normalize after vaccinations are up. That is my hope anyway, I can't see prices getting worse in the meantime.
What sort of stuff does your server need to do? There are alternatives that might actually be better suited for your workload and might also allow you to avoid these currently overpriced Ryzens.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
txenglan wrote:
What sort of stuff does your server need to do? There are alternatives that might actually be better suited for your workload and might also allow you to avoid these currently overpriced Ryzens.
I run a plex server, web server and another 15 to 20 docker containers with various apps (VPN, sonarr, radarr, and more). I'd also like to deploy a local kubernetes cluster as part of a home lab for testing, and moving these container workloads to. The kubernetes part is not out of necessity to run these apps, being a single node but its mainly just for my own experience. So my belief was a high core count processor will be beneficial for my setup. I was thinking 12 to 16 core (Hyperthreaded) proc in case I want to deploy some vm's in this setup. Let me know if you think I'd be overdoing it with a ryzen.