Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

SABRE Dog Spray - Maximum Strength - 50g $ 16.00

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2020 9:26 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4966 posts
13385 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …

[Amazon.ca] SABRE Dog Spray - Maximum Strength - 50g $ 16.00

SABRE Dog Spray - Maximum Strength - with Ergonomic Flip Top $ 16.00

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007FG77BW

WARNING PLEASE READ BELOW COMMENTS TO THREAD
soupmaster666 wrote: Worth keeping mind that OC is a prohibited weapon in Canada so if it's used against another person you can almost guarantee criminal charges. Even against another person in "self defence" which basically practically doesn't exist.
Last edited by 2Riskit on Mar 3rd, 2020 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
This is a great product and does magic when used properly
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
soupmaster666 wrote: Worth keeping mind that OC is a prohibited weapon in Canada so if it's used against another person you can almost guarantee criminal charges. Even against another person in "self defence" which basically practically doesn't exist.
Would you rather get raped vs using this on an animal attacking you? Nobody in a right mind would prosecute you for using it.
Last edited by TransporterSD on Mar 3rd, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nov 10, 2015
100 posts
91 upvotes
Anjou, QC
Ok but real talk does it work against humans? Like if someone buys this as a gag gift, and sprays it in someone's eyes, will it hurt them? Because a dog and a human are not the same biologically ex a human can eat chocolate and be fine but a dog cannot
Last edited by savurasu on Mar 2nd, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Struggling father of 1, pm me if you need referal for tangerine or public mobile or myprotein.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
savurasu wrote: Ok but real talk does it work against humans? Like if someone buys this as a prank and sprays someone, will it hurt? Just as a prank
Yes it works, its exactly the same spray as used by law enforcement but has less capsicum 1.3 vs 0.5. it will still work on average joe
Last edited by TransporterSD on Mar 2nd, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nov 10, 2015
100 posts
91 upvotes
Anjou, QC
TransporterSD wrote: Yes it works, its exactly the same spray as used by law enforcement, it's just has different label and sold as dog spray
So wikipedia says "Personal pepper sprays can range from a low of 0.18% to a high of 3%. Most law enforcement pepper sprays use between 1.3% and 2%. The federal government of the United States has determined that bear attack deterrent sprays must contain at least 1.0% and not more than 2% CRC"

This has 0.5% capsacine, not quite same as law enforcement, it seems bear spray is stronger?
Last edited by savurasu on Mar 2nd, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Struggling father of 1, pm me if you need referal for tangerine or public mobile or myprotein.
Dec 22, 2016
387 posts
354 upvotes
SW Ontario
savurasu wrote: Ok but real talk does it work against humans? Like if someone buys this as a prank and sprays someone, will it hurt? Just as a prank
Looks like we have a volunteer!!

Getting shampoo in your eyes takes a little bit to become normal. I'm guessing this is much worse than shampoo. So my educational answer is yes..this will hurt.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
savurasu wrote: So wikipedia says "Personal pepper sprays can range from a low of 0.18% to a high of 3%. Most law enforcement pepper sprays use between 1.3% and 2%. The federal government of the United States has determined that bear attack deterrent sprays must contain at least 1.0% and not more than 2% CRC"

This has 0.5% capsacine, not quite same as law enforcement, it seems bear spray is stronger?
I fixed my statement , I didn't realize that this was 0.5%

Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
TransporterSD wrote: Would you rather get raped vs using this on an animal stacking you? Nobody in a right mind would prosecute you for using it.
For my wife and daughter, yup I think I'd be ok with them spraying it on someone in self defence and dealing with the legal consequences.

Interestingly, I think my younger son would have a harder time with it since he's male, and could be considered an aggressor in the same situation. Double standard.
Dec 16, 2009
588 posts
172 upvotes
Durham
Bishop8 wrote: For my wife and daughter, yup I think I'd be ok with them spraying it on someone in self defence and dealing with the legal consequences.

Interestingly, I think my younger son would have a harder time with it since he's male, and could be considered an aggressor in the same situation. Double standard.
Like it or not this is likely the predicted outcome.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
raskal wrote: ships in 1 - 2 months

a dog spray is avail at canadiantire for $13.99 https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/sabr ... 1432p.html (not trying to say they're the same product)
So confusing... the CT is 22grams and Amazon is 50grams
But amazon says its good for 10 uses, whereas CT says its good for 25 uses
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Aug 2, 2018
97 posts
85 upvotes
savurasu wrote: Ok but real talk does it work against humans? Like if someone buys this as a gag gift, and sprays it in someone's eyes, will it hurt them? Because a dog and a human are not the same biologically ex a human can eat chocolate and be fine but a dog cannot
Well, it effects everyone differently. Animal sprays are usually stronger than the OC spray used by law enforcement. You can Google for pepper spray courses on YouTube to get an idea of the effects it can have on a person.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3487 posts
3894 upvotes
Montreal
soupmaster666 wrote: Even against another person in "self defence" which basically practically doesn't exist.
I don't know what this means. Self defense is a concept recognized in Canadian law since the very first criminal code (and at common law before that).

It was further strengthened by the conservative government a few years ago.

If you're really attacked, you can defend yourself.

The problem happens when people overreact (he looked at me funny so I proactively punched him) or continue the "defense" after the threat is gone (attacker tried to run away but I pursued him and beat him up to teach him a lesson).
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
2056 posts
1312 upvotes
I have been a runner all my life and have had my encounters with dog owners. There are 3 kinds of dog owners.

1) The best kind - These guys will stop the dog (on leash) and use their body to shield the dog when I run by. I make sure I yell out a loud "thank you" for them.

2) The old couples with the dogs on leash and acting real surprised when their dogs bark and bark at people. I usually just went way out of my way around them.

3) The worst kind - who allows their dogs to run free without leash when they are required to be on leash in a trail. I have never been bitten by a dog but when they dug their claws into my thighs, it hurts. When I went and told the owners I have a black belt and could easily kick the hell out of their dogs and they should have their dogs on leash as required by law, that's when the profanity begins.

I have known of 2 instances where a smaller dog was torn opened by a bigger dog. These bigger dogs are not the known aggressive kind either. Sometime things just happen.

If you own a small dog, I would consider this spray a worthwhile investment.

There are no bad dogs, just bad dog owners.
Last edited by tkddad on Mar 3rd, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: So confusing... the CT is 22grams and Amazon is 50grams
But amazon says its good for 10 uses, whereas CT says its good for 25 uses
Smaller dose per use for the CT one perhaps.
Aug 9, 2014
385 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
tkddad wrote: I have been a runner all my life and have had my encounters with dog owners. There are 3 kinds of dog owners.

1) The best kind - These guys will stop the dog (on leash) and use their body to shield the dog when I run by. I make sure I yell out a loud "thank you" for them.

2) The old couples with the dogs on leash and acting real surprised when their dogs bark and bark at people. I usually just went way out of my way around them.

3) The worst kind - who allows their dogs to run free without leash when they are required to be on leash in a trail. I have never been bitten by a dog but when they dug their claws into my thighs, it hurts. When I went and told the owners I have a black belt and could easily kick the hell out of their dogs and they should have their dogs on leash as required by law, that's when the profanity begins.

There are no bad dogs, just bad dog owners.
I've had my share of run in with dog owners and even had to spray a few dogs and I totally agree. I've had countless arguments with them and it feels like groundhog day. They really always come up with the same 3 arguments:

1- My dog is friendly you don't have to worry. Such a stupid argument because I don't know them, they don't know mw, their dog doesn't know me, etc. Their are basically asking me to blindly trust a stranger with my kids' safety.

2- Do you think I would let my dog run free if I knew he was dangerous? Again I don't know you you could be an irresponsible douche bag who plays russian roulette with everyone else's safety.

3- My dog is small. Well so is my 5 year old. Your dog is half the weight of my kid. If you had a dog half your weight charging at you you would shit your pants.

We are going through a dog epidemic in most cities. More and more people decide to get a dog with no regards for the dog or anyone else.
Too many dog owners realize too late that dogs need space and they simply decide to take over whatever space they perceive as available.

I love dogs, that's precisely why I don't have one as I live downtown in a big city.

Most dog owners don't love their dogs, the like HAVING a dog and they can't even see the difference.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)