Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Delete Post

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2016 11:19 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2002
5287 posts
3345 upvotes
peakingduck wrote:
NightRain wrote: Woah.. ordered anyway and it was just delivered... Crystal is awesome... she brought it herself.... excellent service.
Did you give her the tip? Eyes
yes, just the tip...
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Oct 4, 2015
32 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pretty sure this is the same scam as the ECOBEE3. The shipping cost is also $5.54.
So beware of this 5.54 shipping amount!
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
2577 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
walleye187 wrote:crystal - disgruntle & selling her bf's stuff??
What happened to ecobee? It said shipped.
I think Amazon covered fault
Sep 9, 2013
697 posts
594 upvotes
Ottawa
not sold by and shipped by Amazon then you are taking a risk.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
hulk007 wrote: not sold by and shipped by Amazon then you are taking a risk.
What's the risk? At worst you just raise a dispute with Amazon and you get your money back.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Who was the marketplace seller? I bet that seller will be clearing out the storefront soon.

I "fell" for such scam. Once the delivery window was over, I sent a message to the seller, waited 48, then filed a claim with Amazon. Amazon refunded me the full amount in less than 3 hours from my claim submission.
Nov 22, 2006
605 posts
494 upvotes
jabela wrote:
hulk007 wrote: not sold by and shipped by Amazon then you are taking a risk.
What's the risk? At worst you just raise a dispute with Amazon and you get your money back.
Isn't the "at worst" raising a dispute with Amazon and NOT getting your money back?
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
tarheel_06 wrote: Isn't the "at worst" raising a dispute with Amazon and NOT getting your money back?
In this case, there is no risk of that, so it isn't the worst scenario as it isn't a possible scenario.
Apr 21, 2014
48 posts
31 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
alkizmo wrote:
tarheel_06 wrote: Isn't the "at worst" raising a dispute with Amazon and NOT getting your money back?
In this case, there is no risk of that, so it isn't the worst scenario as it isn't a possible scenario.
i'd say there's little to no chance of his being real. the issue is having your money sit in limbo while you figure out if they're going to ship or not and then going through amazon to get it back.
Dec 22, 2014
241 posts
99 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Most likely a pricing error (Which obviously won't be honored). And even it isn't, it's a huge risk to buy a TV from a non-authorized dealer.
May 24, 2010
103 posts
53 upvotes
It's probably a fraud.

My order has shipped using DHL, but there's no tracking number. (A 55'' tv without a tracking number is a bit stupid, how am i supposed to know when I should get off work to receive it)
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
Worst-case scenario, the item ships, you get a rock in a parcel, contact Amazon to get your money back, seller disappears with the money, Amazon pays you out of its own pocket, realizes they can't keep covering the costs, jacks up their fees, legitimate buyers and sellers lose, fraudulent sellers win.

Also the fraudulent seller now has your personal info (shipping address, possibly your CC info too).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
NightRain wrote:
peakingduck wrote:
NightRain wrote: Woah.. ordered anyway and it was just delivered... Crystal is awesome... she brought it herself.... excellent service.
yes, just the tip...
Crystal : "Is it in yet....."
NR : "In?????........I'm fricken' DONE!!!!!"
Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
NightRain wrote:
peakingduck wrote:
yes, just the tip...
She hawt?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
I sent the link to my friend and he immediately ordered 2 of them. Shipping was $7.xx and no tax. Got a DHL tracking number pretty quickly he said. Sounds like it's coming from China whatever it is. It'll either be a couple of "Samsong" TVs or a box of diseased rodents.

My buddy said he's giving Amazon a call so even if he can't cancel, there will be a note of his concerns on file. :lol:
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2007
5058 posts
1279 upvotes
GTA
Haz wrote: I sent the link to my friend and he immediately ordered 2 of them. Shipping was $7.xx and no tax. Got a DHL tracking number pretty quickly he said. Sounds like it's coming from China whatever it is. It'll either be a couple of "Samsong" TVs or a box of diseased rodents.

My buddy said he's giving Amazon a call so even if he can't cancel, there will be a note of his concerns on file. :lol:
Your buddy is going to get a box of rocks.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
surprised no one has priced matched at Walmart or bestbuy yet.

I'm sure some low paid worker who hates their job will fall for it.
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Price: CDN$ 2,499.99 FREE SHIPPING.
Only 2 left in stock.
Ships from and sold by saleplug.

no deal for me
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Kherani wrote:
Haz wrote: I sent the link to my friend and he immediately ordered 2 of them. Shipping was $7.xx and no tax. Got a DHL tracking number pretty quickly he said. Sounds like it's coming from China whatever it is. It'll either be a couple of "Samsong" TVs or a box of diseased rodents.

Your buddy is going to get a box of rocks.
As long as the rocks don't bring disease, that's a $1000 of landscaping supplies.

Anyways, he called Amazon and they said they check with the seller for a tracking number. Apparently, it was noted to be shipped by DHL but he didn't actually get a number. The Amazon rep assured him that a "new seller" like this doesn't mean it's fake. Could be someone clearing out old stock the rep told him.

Either way, the rep says he's covered if things go south.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)