Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Samsung high endurance 64gb card for dash cams $26.51, $30.49 shipped

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2019 11:34 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5562 posts
1624 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Amazon Canada] Samsung high endurance 64gb card for dash cams $26.51, $30.49 shipped

Good card working in my thinkware f800 since Christmas. Only $26.50??
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
67 replies
Oct 17, 2005
192 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
Sold by 3rd party but Fulfilled by Amazon
Aug 1, 2013
267 posts
95 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
blazer7 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 8:30 pm
Is that suspicious? Means it's probably a fake right?
To buy or not to buy...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5562 posts
1624 upvotes
Cornwall PE
blazer7 wrote:
Yup, still 100% returnable though.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5562 posts
1624 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Chris9446 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 8:40 pm
Mine that I bought in december certainly wasn't, unless the seller has changed. At anyrate as I said covered by amazon. Seller seems to have good and numerous reviews as well. By it copy a 50 gb of files to it, if fails send it back. No thinkware errors on mine yet and thinkware cams are fussy with bad cards.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4055 posts
327 upvotes
Markham, ON
No need for “high endurance” card for Dashcam.
I’ve had an adata microsd card for years now in 2 of my dashcam, it’s been 5 years, been through the heat and cold. Still working great! *knock on wood*
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10518 posts
4155 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
blazer7 wrote:
Chris9446 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 8:40 pm
Not any more... Sold and shipped by 3rd party seller now.
Apr 29, 2018
63 posts
83 upvotes
ON
yhap2003 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 8:52 pm
I’ve had an adata microsd card for years now in 2 of my dashcam, it’s been 5 years, been through the heat and cold. Still working great! *knock on wood*
"No need for seat belts in cars. I've never worn it in 2 of my cars, it's been 5 years and still not dead! *knock on wood*"

Jokes aside, $30 is nothing for even just a little added protection. Last thing you need is to pull the card after an accident and find corrupt recordings.
That said if anyone buys from a third party seller, make sure to run a h2testw before you put it into service.
Don't forget to like and subscribe
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11914 posts
2380 upvotes
RFD
It can have legit 64GB on it but how do we know it's from Samsung. Maybe it's some chinese non high endurance 64gb relabled and packaged as Samsung high endurance without Samsung NAND flash chips. Seems a bit of a stretch but plausible. Conspiracy
Oct 5, 2012
129 posts
37 upvotes
BC
yhap2003 wrote:
I used to work for a retailer that sells Adata, Kingston and Samsung microSD cards. I've noticed that about 4 out of 10 of those get returned for exchange. Samsung almost never although it might be due to lesser purchase volumes cuz Kingstons are like 1/10. Adata's SSD's are also popular but I'd never use it either. Same reason.

Sorry I ruined it for some of you. I know they're super cheap.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1347 posts
686 upvotes
GVR
Audra2202 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 1:59 am
I used to work for a retailer that sells Adata, Kingston and Samsung microSD cards. I've noticed that about 4 out of 10 of those get returned for exchange. Samsung almost never although it might be due to lesser purchase volumes cuz Kingstons are like 1/10. Adata's SSD's are also popular but I'd never use it either. Same reason.

Sorry I ruined it for some of you. I know they're super cheap.

Ok in short buy something that can be easily exchanged or no fuss warranty claim. Samsung is widely known as notorious when it comes with warranty . Correct? I doubt you can claim warranty for a samsung sold by a 3rd party seller in amazon canada. This has been documented many times.
Feb 18, 2007
254 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
yhap2003 wrote:
It's like a broken record, every friggin high endurance SD thread.

WIsh we could still downvote posts
Oct 5, 2012
129 posts
37 upvotes
BC
silvergate wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 2:30 am
Ok in short buy something that can be easily exchanged or no fuss warranty claim. Samsung is widely known as notorious when it comes with warranty . Correct? I doubt you can claim warranty for a samsung sold by a 3rd party seller in amazon canada. This has been documented many times.
Yeah, this is absolutely correct. If memory serves, Samsung doesn't do direct warranties in Canada. I'm vaguely recalling that you might be able to claim warranty easier and direct with Samsung if you have a US address but I don't remember if anything identifies a product was sold in Canada that might bar Canadians from doing this (so don't 100% quote me on this last part). I'm already past 2 years out of the sales business.

In stark contrast, I remember ADATA had really good warranties and a responsive customer service to boot. I just really hesitate to use their products after seeing the sheer amounts of returns and exchanges of them. In fact, I still have a free unopened 500GB SSD from winning a product training event draw and never using it because well ... this. lol In general, I trusted Samsung's memory products because they manufacture their own. Same with Kingston. Other storage brands I am willing to trust are Intel and WD in no particular order.