Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Samsung Smartthings Hub V3 - $79.99 ($20 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2019 6:01 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider

[Amazon.ca] Samsung Smartthings Hub V3 - $79.99 ($20 off)

The Samsung Smartthings Hub v3 is the latest version released back in the October '18 timeframe. It's currently on sale at Amazon.ca for $20 off, 20% off as its usually $100. This is the first sale I've seen on this in Canada as it's not available in many places here yet. If you're into a home automation / smart home setup and need Zigbee / Z-Wave device control this is the hub you'll want (controls things like Schlage door locks, Hue lights, smart switches and outlets, etc).

Here's a review from Tom's Guide.

In addition, some of the new v3 sensors are currently on sale for 20% off: SmartThings Smart Button for $19.99 (save $5), SmartThings Motion Sensor for $27.99 (save $7) and the SmartThings Outlet Smart Plug for $39.99 (save $10). The current 8% Amazon.ca eBates rebate would also apply to these items.

Edit 4: Seems its hit and miss with delivery dates on the Amazon.ca site. Thanks to a heads up from @Turge who found this v3 hub is also in stock and on sale at The Source here as well as from Lowes stores for local pickup or online order here for the same $79.99 and $20 off (thanks @Wrocky and @dimsumboi)... however these would miss out on the current Amazon.ca 8% ebates deal.

Last edited by Elrondolio on Jan 17th, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
305 replies
Jul 19, 2018
221 posts
311 upvotes
Can this be used as a replacement for the Hue Hub? Would I not need the Hue hub at all with this?

Also, 8% off with ebates right now as well
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
ohwowhi wrote: Can this be used as a replacement for the Hue Hub? Would I not need the Hue hub at all with this?

Also, 8% off with ebates right now as well
Unfortunately you still need the Hue hub as far as I'm aware. This hub can integrate all your Hue lights, however, by connecting to the Hue hub. Some prefer Hue natively controlled and some prefer all the disperate smart objects in their home under one umbrella. I personally use the v2 Smarthings hub to control my door locks, security cameras, various electrical outlets, etc that run on the Zigbee or Z-Wave protocols.
Sep 5, 2012
112 posts
34 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Thanks OP, just ordered one...I was actually about to order it from Walmart...
Jul 19, 2018
221 posts
311 upvotes
Elrondolio wrote: Unfortunately you still need the Hue hub as far as I'm aware. This hub can integrate all your Hue lights, however, by connecting to the Hue hub. Some prefer Hue natively controlled and some prefer all the disperate smart objects in their home under one umbrella. I personally use the v2 Smarthings hub to control my door locks, security cameras, various electrical outlets, etc that run on the Zigbee or Z-Wave protocols.
Ahh bummer, thanks for the response. Do you know if the interface is any good for controlling multiple brands of lights within a group? For example if I had say, 2 Hue color bulbs and 2 Sengled color bulbs setup in my living room can it handle that and control all 4 at once effectively? Currently only use Hue but the constant Sengled deals are starting to make me want to force them to work well in my home lol.
Dec 19, 2010
986 posts
523 upvotes
I have the v2 and it’s working fine. Is there a compelling reason to upgrade to v3?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
ohwowhi wrote: Ahh bummer, thanks for the response. Do you know if the interface is any good for controlling multiple brands of lights within a group? For example if I had say, 2 Hue color bulbs and 2 Sengled color bulbs setup in my living room can it handle that and control all 4 at once effectively? Currently only use Hue but the constant Sengled deals are starting to make me want to force them to work well in my home lol.
Yes, you can do exactly that. The Sengled bulbs are native Zigbee devices so you wouldn't need the Sengled hub for that setup either. You can integrate your Hue, Sengled, Lutron Caseta and other smart light devices (and much more) under the one Smarthings app and ecosystem.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
callmebob wrote: I have the v2 and it’s working fine. Is there a compelling reason to upgrade to v3?
Not from the reviews I've read. I'm picking the v3 up so I can give my v2 to my neighbor who's starting down this trek, but otherwise I'd keep my v2.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2446 posts
1638 upvotes
Montreal
Does anyone know if v3 hub works with Xiaomi water sensors? I understand that for Xiaomi to work, you need the old classic app and you need custom handlers. Does v3 allow this?

I hear that v2 is a lot more powerful.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1440 posts
1403 upvotes
I have a V2 and am currently going through all sorts of pains getting a Xiaomi product to work (water sensor specifically), but even if they do work, they are not supported in Google Home, so if you want to manage the connected devices through GH, you'll need to buy the actual Samsung (or other "supported") switches and plugs. If I had to do it all again, I'm not sure I'd have gone down the Samsung road.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
terry0703 wrote: Would this be able to connect Google Home and Ring?
Here, it works with both:
https://www.samsung.com/ca/smart-things ... s_20180112

I really don't need and want Alexa, I already have Google Home at home, and my doorbell and alarm system are Ring.
Yes, here's some more info on Ring integration and here's a link to all the devices Smartthings can integrate with. As the linked article highlights, the best use of a hub like this is to create custom automation routines that interact will all linked devices under the Smartthings umbrella. This is what brings the "smart" to smart home in my experience as having all these devices actions respond to other devices actions or triggers is invaluable.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
callmebob wrote: I have the v2 and it’s working fine. Is there a compelling reason to upgrade to v3?
On the top of my head, being able to connect the hub to the router via wifi and increase in coverage from 110ft to 130ft, are the main upgrades.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1102 posts
795 upvotes
Calgary
thanks OP. ordered one, and it looks like it's currently OOS but will be back in stock on 22nd. gives me a few days to think about it
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1991 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
The newer version of the motion sensors also seemed to be on special at $27.99 if you select “other seller” and click on the Amazon seller.

I’m pairing my Samsung Connect with water leak detectors(temperature indicator as well), Schlage lock set, Ecosmart RGB bulbs and hopefully now couple of motion sensors.

Cheers!
Last edited by badass on Jan 16th, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
How come the app still isn't available in the Play Store for the NVIDIA?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2644 posts
2432 upvotes
Genuine question: I never really understood the need for this hub if I already have a Google Assistant with routines set? Is this really just to have one app instead of multiple?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2446 posts
1638 upvotes
Montreal
Tapout123 wrote: I have a V2 and am currently going through all sorts of pains getting a Xiaomi product to work (water sensor specifically), but even if they do work, they are not supported in Google Home, so if you want to manage the connected devices through GH, you'll need to buy the actual Samsung (or other "supported") switches and plugs. If I had to do it all again, I'm not sure I'd have gone down the Samsung road.
you need to set up custom Xiaomi handlers for it to work. Did you do that?
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
Elrondolio wrote: Yes, here's some more info on Ring integration and here's a link to all the devices Smartthings can integrate with. As the linked article highlights, the best use of a hub like this is to create custom automation routines that interact will all linked devices under the Smartthings umbrella. This is what brings the "smart" to smart home in my experience as having all these devices actions respond to other devices actions or triggers is invaluable.
Thanks! I am really interested to try...but it says 'usually ships within 1-3 months'....what??

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)