[Amazon Canada] SanDisk MicroSD 256gb - $100

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2018 2:35 pm
[OP]
Nov 13, 2008
117 posts
195 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] SanDisk MicroSD 256gb - $100

Those in the market for a large MicroSD card. This is he lowest price ever for this MicroSD.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 15th, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: non-RFD affiliate link removed
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8032 posts
3608 upvotes
MVRD
Retailer is not Amazon Canada in this case, it's a 3rd party seller - Elecanada, while being fulfilled by Amazon.ca.

The actual Amazon Canada's price is $129.07.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1897 posts
920 upvotes
GTA
chatbox wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 12:30 pm
Retailer is not Amazon Canada in this case, it's a 3rd party seller - Elecanada, while being fulfilled by Amazon.ca.

The actual Amazon Canada's price is $129.07.
Fulfilled by Amazon still OK as they garentee the item.
Nov 22, 2009
713 posts
716 upvotes
Toronto
Akizuki wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 12:33 pm
Fulfilled by Amazon means you can still get a fake.
Feb 14, 2018
142 posts
75 upvotes
Akizuki wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 12:33 pm
That only works if you know how to test it.
Otherwise the guarantee won't be much consolation after you lose your vacation photos.
Jul 17, 2012
598 posts
213 upvotes
Kamloops
what's the best price on 256gb micro sd cards? I need one for my fiio player. I have that much flac over the years saved up.
Dec 26, 2015
328 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I think the only way to be sure is to print or save media on multiple locations . Everything will eventually fail
Dec 26, 2015
328 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I ended up buying the 128gb from states amazon for 50 bucks cad. Sold and shipped by amazon. So far good the only issue is it claims 100mbps but is about 25 in read and write. If anyone has any recommendations for a better micro sd it would be helpful.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8032 posts
3608 upvotes
MVRD
systemdude wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 12:56 pm
I think the only way to be sure is to print or save media on multiple locations . Everything will eventually fail
Two different matters; 1. Immediate storage capability validation. 2. Functional reliability over a period.
Oct 26, 2012
56 posts
23 upvotes
Montr?al
If anyone cares, please be aware that I purchased 2 Sandisk micro SD cards from Amazon in the past few months.

The first was sold by a 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon, while the second was sold and shipped directly by Amazon.

Both of them were fake.

I read on multiple occasions that any card sold directly by Amazon was safe, but I can assure you that this is incorrect. No matter what, you can receive a fake card from Amazon.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5298 posts
5949 upvotes
I don't think Amazon has any intention to sell any fake item. However, Amazon uses "Commingling" to allow the mix of inventory from different sellers raises a major issue of shipping a fake product even you think you are ordering from a trusted source. If a product has never added to the Amazon fulfillment center by another marketplace sellers, then the product "Ship and Sold" by Amazon should be closed to 100% safe unless the there is another issue from Amazon's own source - distributor or manufacturer. Keepa.com can be used to verify if the product is ever added by a marketplace seller

For this product, you can see there are 4 different sellers (3 marketplace and Amazon). Regardless the specific seller is being picked for the order, there is no guarantee the product is coming from that seller at all. However, even if that seller you pick is selling the fake product, but Amazon may ship its own product to you. In that case, you will receive the real one. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee.
Erebus112 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 1:23 pm
If anyone cares, please be aware that I purchased 2 Sandisk micro SD cards from Amazon in the past few months.

The first was sold by a 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon, while the second was sold and shipped directly by Amazon.

Both of them were fake.

I read on multiple occasions that any card sold directly by Amazon was safe, but I can assure you that this is incorrect. No matter what, you can receive a fake card from Amazon.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9786 posts
4420 upvotes
flaris wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 12:46 pm
Fulfilled by Amazon means you can still get a fake.
exactly this.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1237 posts
1441 upvotes
TORONTO
Considering that "SanDisk Ultra 200GB microSDXC UHS-I " was widely available on Prime Day for $64.49 - and anyone could create a new account and 30 day free trial - I would call the value of this deal questionable at best.

Time machine aside, I'd guess that for every 1 person who got a counterfeit and had to deal with customer service, at least 9 did not.

FWIW, I've bought MicroSD cards from the 3rd party Amazon re-seller, "Maracana CA", multiple times in the past few years [96% positive over the past 12 months. (5,507 total ratings)].

In general, they feature competitive prices compared to the Amazon dynamic pricing algorithm (I actually wouldn't be surprised if the bots use them as the baseline from time to time) and I've never, ever received a fake from Maracana CA as the supplier and delivery agent. Stand up guys until proven otherwise, as far as I'm concerned.