• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2019 12:43 pm
[OP]
Jun 7, 2017
709 posts
1240 upvotes
New Brunswick

[Amazon Canada] SanDisk Ultra 256GB microSDXC - $48.66

This was around $65 for a while; looks like they recently dropped the regular price to $58.13, then dropped it further this morning.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5925 posts
6160 upvotes
Are folks running at this? I am very tempted.

Hit me up at 400gb for $60, OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1702 posts
635 upvotes
GTA
Anyone run this in their Switch?

Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2013
1446 posts
604 upvotes
Moncton
Akizuki wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 7:46 am
Anyone run this in their Switch?

Thoughts?
Overkill for switch speed wise, but the price is right.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
3863 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
Good for fire tablet 10?
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Jul 17, 2018
42 posts
165 upvotes
Maybe a PM opportunity ? Otherwise it looks like it has the same weird disclaimer as most of the SD cards on Amazon. I have always passed on buying SD cards from Amazon for this reason.

" Legal Disclaimer
These are new cards sold in China to Chinese. We buy them wholesale. The, packaging and speeds may differ but they work just as good, so this is why they are less expensive,. We do periodic testing and we use them ourselves. Try them, and if not fully satisfied we can replace it or refund your money. Tis The holidays , please keep in mind shipping delays are starting :) We can ship it express to you for $6 extra dollars. "
Images
  • werid.JPG
[OP]
Jun 7, 2017
709 posts
1240 upvotes
New Brunswick
rrmortiss wrote: Maybe a PM opportunity ? Otherwise it looks like it has the same weird disclaimer as most of the SD cards on Amazon. I have always passed on buying SD cards from Amazon for this reason.

" Legal Disclaimer
These are new cards sold in China to Chinese. We buy them wholesale. The, packaging and speeds may differ but they work just as good, so this is why they are less expensive,. We do periodic testing and we use them ourselves. Try them, and if not fully satisfied we can replace it or refund your money. Tis The holidays , please keep in mind shipping delays are starting :) We can ship it express to you for $6 extra dollars. "
Pretty sure that’s from one of the 3rd party sellers; I have doubts Amazon themselves use that kind of vocabulary or emoticons.
Jul 17, 2018
42 posts
165 upvotes
BranCracker wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:24 am
Pretty sure that’s from one of the 3rd party sellers; I have doubts Amazon themselves use that kind of vocabulary or emoticons.
Nope, thats on the same exact card that is shipped and sold by Amazon, from OP's link. Scroll down and you'll see it. My thoughts exactly, its such a weird disclaimer seems as though it was typed by a ghetto 3rd party seller... except, its not.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8871 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
90% SURE, this is written counterfit all over it. anyone buy and try ?? send this link to one of thoses tech you tub channels and have them test it out.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Jul 26, 2018
279 posts
240 upvotes
Canada, eh?
If the seller is from Amazon.ca, inc. It's not counterfeit. The counterfeit ones are from third party sellers.
Aug 14, 2006
322 posts
54 upvotes
Kanata
Interesting legal disclaimer. What's strange is that these micro SD cards are being sold by Amazon.ca; as also stated on the same page, "Amazon.ca Returns Policies: Electronics purchased from Amazon.ca, or a seller but fulfilled by Amazon, can be returned to Amazon.ca within 30 days of delivery of shipment via our online Returns Centre. These items must be in new condition with original packaging and accessories. We cannot accept returns of products and we will not refund items missing the serial number or UPC (including musical instruments, televisions, or consumer electronics)." So, it seems legit at least.

Most reviews of this micro SD card seem decent. I'm in the market for a micro SD card, but I'm always looking at performance ratings. This microSD is rated at speed class 10 and UHS-I speed class U1 (read speed: up to 95 MB/s; write speed not shown, most likely up to 10 MB/s); these ratings are useful for sustained writing, if you're recording video or such. The microSD card is also rated at the new A1 "application performance class" (for use in devices like smartphones and tablets) which means it must be able to handle random read of 1500 IOPS (input-output access per second) and random write of 500 IOPS with sustained sequential writing speed of 10 megabytes per second. This microSD card might be well suited for smartphones and tablets.

Another microSD card available on Amazon.ca right now is the Gigastone 256GB microSD card at $41.99 with free shipping (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MYCSU6U/); it is sold by Gigastone USA but fulfilled by Amazon (so the same returns policy applies as above). It is rate at speed class 10 and UHS-1 speed class U3 (read speed: up to 95 MB/s; write speed: up to 90 MB/s). This microSD is doesn't have any info about "application performance class". This one might be best suited for video recording and pictures. Still, it's cheaper than the SanDisk so I'm wondering about getting it for my Fire HD 10 tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5925 posts
6160 upvotes
akito925 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:35 am
90% SURE, this is written counterfit all over it. anyone buy and try ?? send this link to one of thoses tech you tub channels and have them test it out.
You folks are too obsessed with this, it's a rare day that someone gets a knock-off from Amazon... sold by and fulfilled by product.

Relax, bud.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2425 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:39 am
You folks are too obsessed with this, it's a rare day that someone gets a knock-off from Amazon... sold by and fulfilled by product.

Relax, bud.
Amazon mixes their stock with the “fulfilled by amazon” stock so it’s actually a bigger issue than most realize. I went through 3 cards before getting a legit one last time. They looked fine and worked fine, but did not have anything close to the real speeds so 4K video was a no go. Most people would never know unless you test them.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5925 posts
6160 upvotes
AstonM wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:57 am
Amazon mixes their stock with the “fulfilled by amazon” stock so it’s actually a bigger issue than most realize. I went through 3 cards before getting a legit one last time. They looked fine and worked fine, but did not have anything close to the real speeds so 4K video was a no go. Most people would never know unless you test them.
Color me skeptical. I'm more inclined to believe this is rejected B-stock shadily pipelined... instead of outright knockoffs.

In any case, there are plenty of benchmarking apps for PC that'll reveal the truth.