Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Scosche MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2017 11:00 am
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1802 posts
2057 upvotes
Québec Gold

[Amazon.ca] Scosche MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices

Usually sell for $25 !! Magnet plate alone worth this price. Already own it and work very well, enjoy

Universal mount for smartphones and GPS devices
Cradle-free design
Secure the Magic Mount with the automotive-grade 3M adhesive
Install the Magic Plate behind your case or battery cover, directly to your rugged case or directly to your device
Place your device at any angle for convenient viewing
Images
  • 41r9va2IMEL.jpg
  • scosche.PNG
19 replies
Banned
Sep 28, 2016
126 posts
61 upvotes
Not too bad but you can get a similar one from ali express usually $2 - $5
Sep 9, 2008
549 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
had one of those and it fell off after a week of use, adhesive not strong enough

now i use the vent mount
all your staples coupons are belong to us
Jun 3, 2007
556 posts
909 upvotes
Scarborough
MercyHeals wrote: Not too bad but you can get a similar one from ali express usually $2 - $5
Link to similar product you're referring to?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
EngineNo9 wrote: had one of those and it fell off after a week of use, adhesive not strong enough

now i use the vent mount
Had a similar issue with it and now use a cdslot mount as my vents are so small i cant get any mount to fit in them.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
I've had one of these on my dash for almost 2 years now with no issues. The car has sat in the hot sun plenty of times. Did you guys clean your dash with IPA before applying it?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2107 posts
1719 upvotes
Vancouver
This is a lot better than the anker/aukey/ebay/aliexpress ones. My friends have tested it on the track without issue.

Unfortunately I think it still isn't strong enough for phones with curved backs as there just isnt enough surface area to grip onto :(

Currently using an ebay/dollarama hybrid vent mount that works amazing with my Nexus 6.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1921 posts
807 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, in for 2. I had the Mpow vent version, quit using it because I found that it was overheating my phone in the winter.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
The pic OP posted mentioned Free Same day, but the link does not. I wonder why it was removed.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
blind56 wrote: Thanks OP, in for 2. I had the Mpow vent version, quit using it because I found that it was overheating my phone in the winter.
The mount cannot overheat your phone cause if so it would do it in summer too.
You have the incorrect setting if your getting heat out of your front vents in the winter.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1802 posts
2057 upvotes
Québec Gold
OrangeBerry wrote: The pic OP posted mentioned Free Same day, but the link does not. I wonder why it was removed.
I am PRIME MEMBER and in "same day shipping" area
Mar 27, 2006
130 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
The Scosche MagicMount has amazing magnetic strength. I had previously ordered a cheapo Ali Express magnetic mount and it failed to keep my phone from flying off when accelerating hard. Then I changed to the MPow available on Amazon and same thing. Only the Scosche keeps the phone securely no matter how quickly I accelerate or go into a corner. To be fair though I do have a 6s plus and because I didn't want to stick the magnetic part on the outside of the case but on the inside that also did not help.

This is the best and strongest magnetic mount in my opinion. I already have one and just bought a spare for next car of wife's car. Thanks OP
Mar 27, 2006
130 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
If memory serves my retail bought one came with 2 magnets. One big and one small
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1921 posts
807 upvotes
Calgary
TLSRULZ wrote: The mount cannot overheat your phone cause if so it would do it in summer too.
You have the incorrect setting if your getting heat out of your front vents in the winter.
Why would it overheat my phone in the summer? Not like I would have heat running while it's 30 degrees outside....
And I do have my HVAC set to defrost however I do get leaking of heat through the front vents.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
Hmm.. then your vents damper is not working correctly... On both my cars albeit both have auto-climate control .. I get nothing from the center vents when running heat.
Jun 12, 2005
251 posts
237 upvotes
Slayguy wrote: I see it only comes with one magnetic pad but I need 2. Did you order more pads as I want one for my wife's phone.
Two pads (the ones that attach to your phone) come in the package

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)