Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Seagate 5TB Portable Hard Drive $139.94

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2018 11:08 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1437 posts
1348 upvotes
SURREY

[Amazon.ca] Seagate 5TB Portable Hard Drive $139.94

Cheapest price ever according to triple humps. I believe multiple colours are available. Decent price if you need storage.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 29th, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link and added price to title
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1324 posts
1277 upvotes
Remember this is slower than the 4TB version.
Mar 19, 2009
440 posts
250 upvotes
zylonite wrote: Remember this is slower than the 4TB version.
Where did you see the speed difference? Both have 120m/s max speed.

FYI. I have a 4TB one died after 2 years and resurrected it by using a HDD repair tool to fix it connecting to my PC's SATA port. Lost half of the files on it, though.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1324 posts
1277 upvotes
HZH wrote: Where did you see the speed difference? Both have 120m/s max speed.

FYI. I have a 4TB one died after 2 years and resurrected it by using a HDD repair tool to fix it connecting to my PC's SATA port. Lost half of the files on it, though.

quote from Reddit on this product:

"I have one of these and several of the 4TB models. Both are shuckable and house 15mm thick 2.5" sata drives inside; the main difference is that the 4TB drives are PMR while the 5TB drive is SMR. If you're just using them for archival it probably won't make a difference, but the 5TB drive is noticeably slower at writes. For most people I would steer them towards the 4TB model. They often go on sale for around $120."

https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanad ... le/e35li0j
Dec 10, 2017
13 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
I can only speak from my own personal experience, but as a PS4 Pro owner, I have had this exact 5TB HDD from Seagate and it has worked perfectly. I run massive games off of it without a hitch.. and have been pleased with it and felt like it was money well spent. I cannot speak on the comparison with the 4TB version, so take this testimony as you wish.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
KareemAjani wrote: I can only speak from my own personal experience, but as a PS4 Pro owner, I have had this exact 5TB HDD from Seagate and it has worked perfectly. I run massive games off of it without a hitch.. and have been pleased with it and felt like it was money well spent. I cannot speak on the comparison with the 4TB version, so take this testimony as you wish.
Every Ford Pinto didn't explode, too.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
Are Seagate drives known for disconnecting issues? Mine is plugged in to my Mac and always gets disconnected. My Mac is set to never sleep, it is so annoying as I am using my 8TB version for Plex
Jul 10, 2016
224 posts
402 upvotes
If you get it from Staples you can use the $10 off $100 or $15 of $100 if you have one in your e-mail.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)