Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Seasons Board Game

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2017 4:26 pm
Banned
Dec 17, 2015
141 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon.ca] Seasons Board Game

This is a really popular board game; simple to learn and lots of fun. It's a combination of dice drafting, card drafting and hand management.

I usually find 401 Games has the best prices and they're currently selling it for $54.

Great Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ9IhHWeUkE
More Info: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/108745/seasons
To establish some credibility, here's my board game collection: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/TH3_WOND3R
20 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3229 posts
3234 upvotes
Great find OP thanks
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Mar 2, 2004
625 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga
Hey TheWonder,

Thanks for sharing this, I am a board game collector myself too, and you have a nice collection there. Just want your opinion on out of your whole collection what's your top 5 games?

Thanks
Banned
Dec 17, 2015
141 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Punira wrote: Hey TheWonder,

Thanks for sharing this, I am a board game collector myself too, and you have a nice collection there. Just want your opinion on out of your whole collection what's your top 5 games?

Thanks
The best game depends on the crowd you are about to play with. Understanding board game mechanics (click here) is crucial to that. My personal favourites are (in no particular order):
  1. Saboteur
  2. The Battle of Five Armies
  3. Catch Phrase
  4. Codenames
  5. Istanbul
  6. The Resistance: Avalon
Most of those are fun party games. As much as I love the longer winded nerdy games, party games are applicable to more crowds and are a lot of fun.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5751 posts
2584 upvotes
Toronto
TheWonder wrote: The best game depends on the crowd you are about to play with. Understanding board game mechanics (click here) is crucial to that. My personal favourites are (in no particular order):
  1. Saboteur
  2. The Battle of Five Armies
  3. Catch Phrase
  4. Codenames
  5. Istanbul
  6. The Resistance: Avalon
Most of those are fun party games. As much as I love the longer winded nerdy games, party games are applicable to more crowds and are a lot of fun.
For me at the moment:
1. The Gallerist
2. Food Chain Magnate
3. Grand Austria Hotel
4. Trickerion
5. The Colonists

I find myself selling older games to try the new ones, as there is a lot of really good new games. Plus I am a huge Euro fan.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1925 posts
252 upvotes
Vancouver
I just ordered this + Dominion + 7 Wonders Duel
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1278 posts
1142 upvotes
Cosmic Encounter is by far the greatest board game on the planet. We play at my place every Friday ritualistically and have been for the past 3 years. Followed by King of Tokyo.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1278 posts
1142 upvotes
Dominion is pretty good on a competitive level and if you like dominion you'll like heroes of marvel or whatever it's called on a cooperative level.
Aug 29, 2007
696 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal
is this game similar to dominion? my girlfriend and I LOVE that game and the level of complexity is just about right for us.
May 28, 2015
12 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Brettimus wrote: is this game similar to dominion? my girlfriend and I LOVE that game and the level of complexity is just about right for us.
Not really, however it isn't too much more complex and it's a GREAT two player game. You can play up to 4, like dominion, but it works best with 2 or 3. I really recommend it, have on my collection as well as the expansions :) (Although I still haven't played the expansions yet cause you get quite a good chunk of game out of the base box)
Banned
Dec 17, 2015
141 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I enjoy the game a lot with 4 players also. I'd say it's very comparable to the complexity of dominion.
Brettimus wrote: is this game similar to dominion? my girlfriend and I LOVE that game and the level of complexity is just about right for us.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5751 posts
2584 upvotes
Toronto
IceCreamGee wrote: Cosmic Encounter is by far the greatest board game on the planet. We play at my place every Friday ritualistically and have been for the past 3 years. Followed by King of Tokyo.
LoL, its okay, for a second I thought Vasel was on this forum with that comment!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1278 posts
1142 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: LoL, its okay, for a second I thought Vasel was on this forum with that comment!

It's more than okay. It's the one game where betrayal among friends are taken to heart. We play with Hidden Powers, Rewards and Hazards. Min 4 players
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5751 posts
2584 upvotes
Toronto
wolfkin wrote: shame. Looks like a great price but I'm giving my wallet a break. I'd love $40 Seasons but I'm gonna need a few more paychecks before I can do that.

And since we're posting credentials

https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/wolfkin
LoL, I try to cull my collection to 60, since I try to play one game at least once a week, 52 games/year with 8 extras/fillers.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5593 posts
2537 upvotes
Kitchener
Was going to pull the trigger but it looks like it's sold out.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1122 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto, On
rebel_rfd wrote: LoL, I try to cull my collection to 60, since I try to play one game at least once a week, 52 games/year with 8 extras/fillers.
Yeah I'm working on a 10x10. If I can get 10 games to the table 10 times this year it's a good year.
Feb 15, 2015
291 posts
322 upvotes
Surrey, BC
You're able to order again, it's on back order.
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa
Is this another Amazon Reseller scam. New Seller, no feedback?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)