Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Seiko 5 SNK809 (Black Dial) - $64.87

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2018 10:45 am
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Seiko 5 SNK809 (Black Dial) - $64.87

Pretty close to the lowest price on Amazon according to 3C. Personally not a fan of the black dial (I have the beige and red already), but posting for those who may be interested. Overall I think these are pretty good casual watches, but look much better with leather strap.
49 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
I just wish they weren't 36mm. My new Bulova automatic is 40mm and I actually find it a bit on the small side.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
It's 37mm just to be clear, but I suppose that won't make a difference in your case lol.
Jul 14, 2014
376 posts
182 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I bought this watch a while back

It's run time after you remove it from your wrist is lower than I expected

About 8-10 hrs

Has anyone else experienced this
Dec 22, 2017
47 posts
38 upvotes
It has about 30 hours of reserve power but if you're not active it's difficult to wind it up for that long, especially because it doesn't has have a winding stem. Not recommended for someone who's sitting around all day.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
Yeah these Seikos with the 7S26 movements rarely if ever remain running the morning after. Since I don't wear the same watch every day it doesn't really matter to me though. Setting the time and date takes a negligible amount of time each morning.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
Great deal for a beginner watch. Good for teenagers, too. As others have said - the dial is really small.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: Great deal for a beginner watch. Good for teenagers, too. As others have said - the dial is really small.
Dial size is relative.
Last edited by Redmask on Feb 8th, 2018 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal attack.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
johnnyblayze wrote: Dial size is relative.
I really don't think this watch is worth that hostility lol
Last edited by Redmask on Feb 8th, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread clean up
Dec 11, 2006
231 posts
100 upvotes
abkdt41 wrote: I bought this watch a while back

It's run time after you remove it from your wrist is lower than I expected

About 8-10 hrs

Has anyone else experienced this
I use a winder with mine. Keeps it wound. Remember to get one that is upright and not on an angle.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
I picked up this watch for my wife, who does lots of hiking. She loves the clear, easy to read face and the tiny dial size, perfect case size for her tiny wrists.
Great price.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1817 posts
1337 upvotes
Wow OP is out here blazing everybody! No one is safe in this thread Winking Face
Last edited by Redmask on Feb 8th, 2018 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: thread clean up
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
johnnyblayze wrote: Yeah these Seikos with the 7S26 movements rarely if ever remain running the morning after. Since I don't wear the same watch every day it doesn't really matter to me though. Setting the time and date takes a negligible amount of time each morning.
Deal breaker for me (apart from the tiny case size), the last thing I want to do is set my watch every morning. (That is over 3 hours a year of negligible time spent setting the time)
Compare this to a citizen eco-drive where you only have to change the time for daylight savings (probably 30 seconds per year spent changing the time), and never have to change the battery.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
DanielM491 wrote:
Deal breaker for me (apart from the tiny case size), the last thing I want to do is set my watch every morning. (That is over 3 hours a year of negligible time spent setting the time)
Compare this to a citizen eco-drive where you only have to change the time for daylight savings (probably 30 seconds per year spent changing the time), and never have to change the battery.
You can do a lot better for a mechanical (including other Seikos), if you're willing to spend the a bit more money. You can't really go as cheap with these as you can with quartz and expect to get decent accuracy.
Dec 16, 2012
234 posts
111 upvotes
GTA
johnnyblayze wrote: Yeah these Seikos with the 7S26 movements rarely if ever remain running the morning after. Since I don't wear the same watch every day it doesn't really matter to me though. Setting the time and date takes a negligible amount of time each morning.
Most likely you got a dud, or you barely wear your watch hoping it will work the next day. The power reserve is rated at 40 hours. I can easily wear my SKX013 (same movement) every other day without having to set the time.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
DanielM491 wrote: Deal breaker for me (apart from the tiny case size), the last thing I want to do is set my watch every morning. (That is over 3 hours a year of negligible time spent setting the time)
Get the atomic citizen eco-drive and never have to do anything..lol
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
DanielM491 wrote: Deal breaker for me (apart from the tiny case size), the last thing I want to do is set my watch every morning. (That is over 3 hours a year of negligible time spent setting the time)
I agree with you that eco-drives/solars are much better but they are at very different price points. The watch I posted (in my opinion of course) is a decent occasionally worn, casual watch.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
portraitofruin wrote: Most likely you got a dud, or you barely wear your watch hoping it will work the next day. The power reserve is rated at 40 hours. I can easily wear my SKX013 (same movement) every other day without having to set the time.
Well then I have four duds as I have four different Seikos with the same movement and they all behave the same way. As I said though it doesn't matter to me since I wear a different watch each day.
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1054 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Get the atomic citizen eco-drive and never have to do anything..lol
Or a Radio-Controlled Eco Drive.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)