Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Seiko Men's SNK793 Seiko 5 Automatic Blue Dial Stainless-Steel Bracelet Watch $66.52

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 12:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1290 posts
219 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Seiko Men's SNK793 Seiko 5 Automatic Blue Dial Stainless-Steel Bracelet Watch $66.52

Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 17th, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title edit
Support the #LENOVOSUCKS Social Media Campaign! Tweet @Lenovo & @Lenovo_Canada #LENOVOSUCKS + Post at facebook.com/lenovo
- Part of the 2014 - #LENOVOSUCKS movement -
295 replies
Oct 8, 2011
173 posts
577 upvotes
Got the black version of this. Its small on my wrist and I wanted to return it but I kept it instead. Happy with it.
Sep 26, 2015
4 posts
Winnipeg, MB
Do these Seiko 5's go on sale often on Amazon?
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11193 posts
754 upvotes
Is this a real ad? It's a kinetic, not automatic...

Edit: nevermind, it just has a see through back like a kinetic
Jan 19, 2011
652 posts
218 upvotes
Montreal
This is actually a really nice watch and a good price.

I posted this in a recent Seiko 5 thread:

These are all small faced watches which is exactly what I like. Everyone complaining about it being small/woman's watch is too used to the current style of big faced watches. I think it's a fad and looks gaudy. The small faced watch is a classic style (ie. look at Rolexes from 30 years ago and today).

I have a Seiko 5 that I've been wearing for about 2 years now that I bought as a nice-looking everyday beater watch. I replaced the strap with a leather one and I think it looks really good. Wanted to buy a nicer beater for a graduation gift to myself but I'm really happy with it so no need.

For those who don't know Seiko 5, these only run for about 40 hours as stated so you need to wear it every day. Also I think these are the lowest class Seiko automatic watches so mine runs fast, maybe like a minute a day even, my coworker's as well, which he's had for like 20 years.

I've attached a photo of mine with the leather strap so you can see what it looks like.
Images
  • 20171006_224810.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1310 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
I'm on the other side. 36-39mm is my favourite size. I consider 40-41mm to be large. 42mm+ is just starting to become a fashion item more than a time piece. But its all perception of the viewer/owner. Proportionally I think 42mm+ works if you are a larger person and have thick wrists. I secretly hope that the large watch trend goes away and we go back to more traditional sizes.
kthxbye
Feb 26, 2017
48 posts
17 upvotes
Whether you like the size or not 85 is hot for any seiko. You’re getting a watch that will last 40 years at Walmart prices
Nov 23, 2012
171 posts
50 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
BritishColumbian wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 3:19 am
36mm is way too small. 38mm is bad enough.
Depends for what, 38mm for a dress watch is pretty desirable.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2432 posts
446 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
phoreoneone wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 8:17 pm
Got the black version of this. Its small on my wrist and I wanted to return it but I kept it instead. Happy with it.
I'd say its a good keep. $65 for that version is good.

All these talks about auto watches lately made me take out my invicta 8926c today for the first time in a long time. Looks good :)

import_nation wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 3:46 am
I'm on the other side. 36-39mm is my favourite size. I consider 40-41mm to be large. 42mm+ is just starting to become a fashion item more than a time piece. But its all perception of the viewer/owner. Proportionally I think 42mm+ works if you are a larger person and have thick wrists. I secretly hope that the large watch trend goes away and we go back to more traditional sizes.
I agree with you. But then because my wrist is smaller compared to the majority.

38mm is ideal for people with smaller wrist and 40mm should be the maxed. Even then I dont get why i some time see them wear huge watch faces. It is so disproportionate.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1475 posts
326 upvotes
Bedboi wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 5:33 am
I'd say its a good keep. $65 for that version is good.

All these talks about auto watches lately made me take out my invicta 8926c today for the first time in a long time. Looks good :)

I agree with you. But then because my wrist is smaller compared to the majority.

38mm is ideal for people with smaller wrist and 40mm should be the maxed. Even then I dont get why i some time see them wear huge watch faces. It is so disproportionate.
Agreed. My favourite watch right now is my Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time. It's 40 mm, but fits smaller due to the face design. My wife bought me a Citizen World Chronograph A-T and while it's nice to look at, I barely wear it. At 43 mm and 386 g it feels like I'm walking around with a codpiece on my wrist every time I put it on.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4774 posts
1331 upvotes
ON
unshavenyak wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 7:29 am
Agreed. My favourite watch right now is my Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time. It's 40 mm, but fits smaller due to the face design. My wife bought me a Citizen World Chronograph A-T and while it's nice to look at, I barely wear it. At 43 mm and 386 g it feels like I'm walking around with a codpiece on my wrist every time I put it on.
Bro...
Do you even lift ?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2432 posts
446 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
unshavenyak wrote:
which citizen do you have? can you post a pic of how it looks on your wrist?

ive been tempted to get one of these but because of its size ive been hesistant. it was a good sale during prime day.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B016R9 ... YIK6Y9EEQB
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008RN ... YIK6Y9EEQB
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00DBU ... YIK6Y9EEQB
dilligafeh wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 7:44 am
Bro...
Do you even lift ?
hahaha...LMAO...i just had too laugh...lolz
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27744 posts
787 upvotes
Dildo, NL
unshavenyak wrote:
.....feels like I'm walking around with a codpiece on my wrist...
lol....now that would be a sight.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Oct 24, 2009
16 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton ON
I bought a Seiko 5 ten years ago and it still looks and runs great.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)