Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Seiko Men's SNK793 Seiko 5 Automatic Blue Dial Stainless-Steel Bracelet Watch $66.52

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 1:31 am
Feb 6, 2007
101 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Akizuki wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:32 pm
Try trouble shooting with this thread.

For the date changing too early, are you sure you dont have the watch on pm when its am and vice versa?

The post by ArkJasdain explains it pretty well.
Thanks, will try, that was probably my problem.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1016 posts
250 upvotes
Westside
johnnyblayze wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:36 am
Not sure if I have a dud but the 40 hours thing is a joke. I wore my SNK795 from 7 Am to 6 PM yesterday, and it had stopped at around 5 AM this morning. PITA to have to set the time again this morning. Do you really have to shake it for 30 seconds each day to 'wind' it? I thought by just wearing it for half a day it would be fully wound?
I'm wondering the same thing? I ordered the blue model SNK793 but after reading this I'm not sure what to expect.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4584 posts
130 upvotes
London
Got mine in the mail today. The way the band fits onto the watch is quite finicky, especially the little piece that goes between the band and the watch itself. As that piece came out it ended up scratching the inner surface of the watch where the pin goes. Good thing it's not somewhere very visible at all.

I suggest after you have one end of the pin exposed, to pull the pin out altogether before actually dislodging the band from the watch itself.
Mar 4, 2007
238 posts
22 upvotes
Kanata
felixdd wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:17 am
Got mine in the mail today. The way the band fits onto the watch is quite finicky, especially the little piece that goes between the band and the watch itself. As that piece came out it ended up scratching the inner surface of the watch where the pin goes. Good thing it's not somewhere very visible at all.

I suggest after you have one end of the pin exposed, to pull the pin out altogether before actually dislodging the band from the watch itself.
I believe you are referring to the curved ends? I also put tape on the front and back of the lugs to prevent them from being scratched when removing those end pieces and pins.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4584 posts
130 upvotes
London
dsi wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:50 am
I believe you are referring to the curved ends? I also put tape on the front and back of the lugs to prevent them from being scratched when removing those end pieces and pins.
Yeah the curved ends. The inner surface of the lug got scratched while the curved ends were coming out.
Jul 6, 2002
422 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
Received my watch yesterday after ordering last week. I'm waiting for the straps I ordered to arrive so I tried some others I had lying around. The leather strap is a bit narrow and the NATO strap is a bit wide. I love the blue face. Thanks OP and everyone for their input!
SNK793.jpg
Last edited by c5ho on Nov 10th, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3297 posts
1141 upvotes
Is anyone else having issues with these watches last for 40 hours when idle?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1213 posts
273 upvotes
johnnyblayze wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:46 pm
I don't think any of my automatics last more than a day without movement. I ended up getting a watch winder (I have too many watches).
Dec 16, 2007
610 posts
194 upvotes
TO
johnnyblayze wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:46 pm
The watch has a reserve of 1.5 days according to babyyoo a few pages back. 24+12=36 hours.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2356 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
cliffclaven wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:41 pm
I don't think any of my automatics last more than a day without movement. I ended up getting a watch winder (I have too many watches).
Any cheap watch winder you suggest?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Oct 1, 2007
26 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Just received my blue dial. Mine came with a black soft case, unlike my blueish cardboard box for my black dial. But I have to return it because there is 8mm deep scratch on the back metal casing. Also, I noticed it doesn't say where it was manufactured. Unlike my black dial, it says Malaysia etched on the spinning thing.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3297 posts
1141 upvotes
gimmesomee wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:41 pm
The watch has a reserve of 1.5 days according to babyyoo a few pages back. 24+12=36 hours.
Ok so if I wear mine from 7 AM until 6PM and the following morning it has already stopped by 5 AM is my watch defective? Need to know if I should return / exchange or if this is expected.