Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Seiko Men's SNK793 Seiko 5 Automatic Blue Dial Stainless-Steel Bracelet Watch $66.52

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 1:31 am
Dec 16, 2007
610 posts
194 upvotes
TO
johnnyblayze wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:46 pm
Ok so if I wear mine from 7 AM until 6PM and the following morning it has already stopped by 5 AM is my watch defective? Need to know if I should return / exchange or if this is expected.
Wear it for 2 days straight, that should ensure you wound it up to the maximum reserve. As turtleh suggested, you may not have completely wound the watch after 12 hours of wear. If it doesnt go for 36 hours after you take it off after two days then yes, you have a defective one.
Mar 15, 2017
31 posts
27 upvotes
1st world problem, I know, but does anyone use watch winders?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1968 posts
434 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
JelloRobot wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:25 pm
1st world problem, I know, but does anyone use watch winders?
I have one but I figured constantly winding them would just wear them out faster. I have like 10 watches so a lot of them sit for quite a long time before use. I don't know, is it better for them to be wound all the time?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1213 posts
273 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:44 pm
Any cheap watch winder you suggest?
Mine is a brand called "Diplomat" that my wife got me. It only has 2 winders, but the bulk of my watches are not autos. No idea what it's worth. I'd like to get something that can wind 4 at a time or more.
johnnyblayze wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:46 pm
Ok so if I wear mine from 7 AM until 6PM and the following morning it has already stopped by 5 AM is my watch defective? Need to know if I should return / exchange or if this is expected.
Yeah, that is not right. Sounds defective to me.
djdestroyer wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:37 pm
I have one but I figured constantly winding them would just wear them out faster. I have like 10 watches so a lot of them sit for quite a long time before use. I don't know, is it better for them to be wound all the time?
I'm not an expert, just a collector, but I think the mechanism should be active. My winder doesn't over stress them. As for my quartz battery watches, I pull the crown for them when they sit out of rotation.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1968 posts
434 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
cliffclaven wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:10 pm
I'm not an expert, just a collector, but I think the mechanism should be active. My winder doesn't over stress them. As for my quartz battery watches, I pull the crown for them when they sit out of rotation.
I would think wearing them every so often would keep them active but perhaps not.

I have this winder which can do up to 6 and is pretty good. No complaints yet. I did get it for cheaper than $300 though. I got it for $240 plus tax but it looks like it got all the way down to $215 a couple years ago.
Dec 16, 2007
610 posts
194 upvotes
TO
It's better to leave it unwound. Winding the watch causes wear and will increase how often you need to bring the watch in for maintenance due to the wear.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1016 posts
250 upvotes
Westside
Can anyone recommend a nice strap for the blue dial aside from brown or blue? I like the look of the black alligator or croc leather so I'm leaning more towards the black or white dial but I've already placed my order ahhh!
Aug 29, 2017
30 posts
20 upvotes
Winnipeg
I bought this watch, and have to say it is a quality watch! However, despite being very short and small (6" wrists) I still felt the watch face was *way* too small for my preferences. I ended up returning it, but thank you OP for sharing a good deal. Just wish Seiko made the exact same watch at 40 or 42 mm!
Jan 10, 2017
308 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
Looks really good so far. Can't complain for the price as it's working normally for now.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Information Security Analyst
---
Fido $15/3GB + voip.ms $1/M + 3cx PBX voip push client $0 + Google Server vps $0 = $16/Month voip solution with no battery drain.
Apr 19, 2012
435 posts
94 upvotes
TORONTO
MadCanadian wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 2:26 pm
Looks really good so far. Can't complain for the price as it's working normally for now.
Where did you get that strap? Looks really nice
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8386 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto

Really liking this new addition to my small watch set. Got a white, black, and blue dial now to mix and match.

Only gripe is it is a bit small. Like others said as well, I have small wrists too but it looks very tiny.

I still think 40mm is the sweet spot:
Nov 18, 2012
618 posts
214 upvotes
Longueuil
MadCanadian wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 2:26 pm
where did you get that strap? Most straps posted look like neckbeard garbage but this one is very slick.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1081 posts
130 upvotes
RFD effect - blue dial is the only one sold at $75, the rest are $10 cheaper...