[Amazon Canada] Seiko SRPB97 Orange Samurai - $419

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 9:36 am
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10843 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
I would not buy this watch if it comes with a misaligned crown. That would drive me nuts
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4750 posts
836 upvotes
Milton
CanKon wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:32 am
good price.

Anyone know of a good deal on a Blumo?
depends on the blumo version. The new version is slightly cheaper, around $500 USD

OG

V2 (with the X)
Aug 16, 2011
602 posts
258 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I don't mind the X on the new Blumo. Any good places to purchase this in Canada in CAD $?
Nov 13, 2006
568 posts
104 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Looks like the price continues to fluctuate -- at $408 now.

I scooped this up a few days ago $404 and change and the watch was delivered the next day (Prime). Just had the included special edition rubber strap installed at the Bay, which is nice as it takes a bit of weight off this hefty watch, and I'm pretty impressed with the finish and comfort.

I have pretty small wrists so not usually a big watch guy but it has a curved case and doesn't really wear like one. The orange really pops and there are a lot of really neat little design details. My second Seiko and diver, first Samurai but I can see the cult appeal behind these models.
Images
  • IMG_20180111_161608.jpg
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
10671 posts
2045 upvotes
VANCOUVER
sooksook wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:20 pm
Looks like the price continues to fluctuate -- at $408 now.

I scooped this up a few days ago $404 and change and the watch was delivered the next day (Prime). Just had the included special edition rubber strap installed at the Bay, which is nice as it takes a bit of weight off this hefty watch, and I'm pretty impressed with the finish and comfort.

I have pretty small wrists so not usually a big watch guy but it has a curved case and doesn't really wear like one. The orange really pops and there are a lot of really neat little design details. My second Seiko and diver, first Samurai but I can see the cult appeal behind these models.
How's the length on the rubber strap? I find Seiko straps tend to be long, especially for divers. No problem if you have big wrists, but for smaller wrists I don't like the double-wrap look.
Mar 26, 2005
365 posts
24 upvotes
Trying hard to resist but keep seeing this thread Disappointed Face
Nov 13, 2006
568 posts
104 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Rogido wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:57 pm
How's the length on the rubber strap? I find Seiko straps tend to be long, especially for divers. No problem if you have big wrists, but for smaller wrists I don't like the double-wrap look.
The length of the strap really isn't particularly long compared to the average. As I mentioned I also am of the smaller wrist ilk and I don't find it to be a problem at all.
Beware the RFD Effect
Nov 13, 2006
568 posts
104 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Ruffz wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:40 pm
Trying hard to resist but keep seeing this thread Disappointed Face
RFD will do that to ya Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Let me put it this way — I was in no way, shape or form planning (or budgeting) for a watch purchase at all but this seems like a quality, well-made piece that has some collector's value. That's how I justified it, anyways haha.
Beware the RFD Effect
Aug 25, 2017
22 posts
4 upvotes
Great price on a very cool watch. Well worth it.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2003
4974 posts
117 upvotes
Hate you guys! Wasn't planning on getting another watch for a while!
This space for rent.
Jun 30, 2009
766 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Very tempting! Don't know if I need another Seiko though. I already have an Orange Monster, Stargate, SKX009, Tuna, MM300 and a few non diving ones lol.