Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Sengled RGB ( Zigbee ) 4pack for 57$

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2019 9:00 pm
18 replies
Dec 30, 2011
19 posts
15 upvotes
WINDSOR
I've been watching this price drop about $2-5 a day for the last few weeks. Any idea why this is happening? Any idea when it will stop?

I was waiting for it to plateau, but now since this was posted, I need to pull the trigger.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3926 posts
2253 upvotes
The only downside with these bulbs is that you need to connect them to a hub and they do not work on WiFi. You can get bulbs at similar prices on Amazon that do not require a hub, are also compatible with Google Home and Alexa, and they work just as good.
Last edited by ChopSuey on Aug 31st, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2574 posts
1890 upvotes
Christian88 wrote: I've been watching this price drop about $2-5 a day for the last few weeks. Any idea why this is happening? Any idea when it will stop?

I was waiting for it to plateau, but now since this was posted, I need to pull the trigger.
Typical Amazon price fluctuation strategy. Will usually continue to drop in decrements until a certain set price or until someone buys. I find it usually happens to products that haven’t been selling well.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1039 posts
1217 upvotes
Kingston
ChopSuey wrote: The only downside with these bulbs is that you need to connect them to a hub and they do not work on WiFi. You can get bulbs at similar prices on Amazon that do not require a hub, are also compatible with Google Home and Alexa, and they work just as good.
To some, myself included, the fact that these require a hub is a major upside. I already have a ton of devices connected to my router and can’t have 30+ light bulbs clogging up my network. If you’re just using a couple bulbs then it’s not an issue, but if you want every bulb in your house to be a smart bulb then a hub is a must.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4685 posts
830 upvotes
Waterloo
ChopSuey wrote: The only downside with these bulbs is that you need to connect them to a hub and they do not work on WiFi. You can get bulbs at similar prices on Amazon that do not require a hub, are also compatible with Google Home and Alexa, and they work just as good.
Im fairly certain with amazon echo ( not the echo dot ) you don't need a hub. and for this price ( $61 today ) you can buy a hub for 20-30 $ and its still worth it.
----
Pay it forward.
Dec 22, 2001
942 posts
199 upvotes
Echo Plus is the one that has zigbee.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
are the colors bright? is white bright like a normal white bulb?
I could use a few of these in movie room
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24211 posts
43213 upvotes
ONTARIO
The biggest downside to me is that they all turn on after they lose power. Very stormy night and the power flickers off/on? Enjoy every light in the house turning on at 3 AM.
May 18, 2019
235 posts
130 upvotes
ON
i think this needs hub . many option available in lesser price with no need of hub.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4685 posts
830 upvotes
Waterloo
BalrajS11000 wrote: i think this needs hub . many option available in lesser price with no need of hub.
There is always someone selling for cheaper a "slightly" inferior product.
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4685 posts
830 upvotes
Waterloo
BobSagget wrote: The biggest downside to me is that they all turn on after they lose power. Very stormy night and the power flickers off/on? Enjoy every light in the house turning on at 3 AM.
I have never seen that happen on my Sengled bulbs. So I don't know if you're confusing it with some other bulb?

Edit: I just tested with turning bulb using the switch it does what the Philips one does ( turns on to last used setting )i,e not max.
Last edited by Supahhh on Aug 31st, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24211 posts
43213 upvotes
ONTARIO
Supahhh wrote: I have never seen that happen on my Sengled bulbs. So I don't know if you're confusing it with some other bulb?
No of course I am not. I own 8 sengled bulbs. It's just how they are designed. Same with other zigbee type bulbs.
They are set up to come on after they lose power, so that they can function like a regular bulb. For example, using a physical light switch to turn the lights on/off.

The side effect of this intentional feature is that if they lose power by the power going out, they will 100% turn on when the power comes back. Regardless of the time of day it is.
If you've never experienced this, you have not owned them long enough or you've been lucky and not experienced a power outage/power flicker yet.

Edit:
Here's an article I found where the issue was actually address by Philips with their hue bulbs. I assume Sengled could do the same and fix this issue if they gave a rats ass.
https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/philips-h ... er-outage/
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4685 posts
830 upvotes
Waterloo
BobSagget wrote: No of course I am not. I own 8 sengled bulbs. It's just how they are designed. Same with other zigbee type bulbs.
They are set up to come on after they lose power, so that they can function like a regular bulb. For example, using a physical light switch to turn the lights on/off.

The side effect of this intentional feature is that if they lose power by the power going out, they will 100% turn on when the power comes back. Regardless of the time of day it is.
If you've never experienced this, you have not owned them long enough or you've been lucky and not experienced a power outage/power flicker yet.

Edit:
Here's an article I found where the issue was actually address by Philips with their hue bulbs. I assume Sengled could do the same and fix this issue if they gave a rats ass.
https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/philips-h ... er-outage/
What hub are you using? I have not seen that. I have seen them come on when I turn off them lamp and turn it off like a normal bulb, but have never seen come come on after a brownout.
I haven't noted if they are on after a blackout or not since I haven't seen a black out in a while.
Last edited by Supahhh on Aug 31st, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24211 posts
43213 upvotes
ONTARIO
Supahhh wrote: What hub are you using? I have not seen that. I have seen them come on when I turn off them lamp and turn it off like a normal bulb, but have never seen come come on after a brownout.
I haven't noted if they are on after a blackout or not since I haven't seen a black out in a while.
I use the Sengled hub with my Sengled bulbs.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24211 posts
43213 upvotes
ONTARIO
Supahhh wrote:
Edit: I just tested one by turning off and on using the switch it does what the Philips one does ( i,e turns on using the last used setting ) i,e not max .
What hub are you using then? I am guessing not the Sengled one.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4685 posts
830 upvotes
Waterloo
BobSagget wrote: What hub are you using then? I am guessing not the Sengled one.
Its powering on to full if its turned "off". So in case there is a power outage, they will come back to full, if they are "on" at a dimmed setting they come back to the last used setting.
While not ideal, I cant recall when I had a power outage so its not a deal breaker for me.

Yes I'm using a Sengled hub as well. I have been planning to migrate to a different hub. Havent decided which one yet. I have been planning to move to a hub with security features( camera and alarm sensors etc ) available.
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4685 posts
830 upvotes
Waterloo
Christian88 wrote: I've been watching this price drop about $2-5 a day for the last few weeks. Any idea why this is happening? Any idea when it will stop?

I suspect it might be a fire sale in anticipation of US sanctions coming into effect in Oct . The price just keeps dropping.
----
Pay it forward.