[OP]
Dec 24, 2017
383 posts
641 upvotes
lel

[Amazon Canada] Similac ready to feed 16x 235ml baby formula

Relative to the price of this product, this is a hot deal, if:

- Your infant is not breastfeeding
- You can't use concentrate or powder due to lead pipes or the availability of potable water
- You aren't buying in bulk already and have to go get multiple on a monthly basis.

This is a historic low as per CCC, and save an additional 15% through subscribe and save.

My grocery store sells this for 46.xx and it is never on sale.

Again, for this exact product, it is a hot deal, but move on if comparing it to powder, concentrate or breastfeeding.
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
18 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3295 posts
749 upvotes
Pingalino wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 7:01 pm

- You can't use concentrate or powder due to lead pipes or the availability of potable water
To add to this, Health Canada recommends using ready-to-feed or liquid concentrate (not powdered formula) if you had a preemie or a low birth weight infant until they are around 2-3 months.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1428 posts
660 upvotes
Edmonton
For all new parents, these are great to have on hand while mom's milk supply comes in if she has issues. Obviously breast milk is the best, but we've used this to supplement on top while milk comes in.
Jul 5, 2013
875 posts
1306 upvotes
Saint John
BTW Walmart has the same price
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2872 posts
627 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I wish these came in a smaller size. Our little girl has been formula fed since basically day 1 (she's 14 weeks now) but her individual feedings are still too small to justify these guys. We've been using up smaller sample ones we managed to collect from when we are out of the house but she tops out at 140ml at most right now. I'd love to get these to stock up at the price but I feel like we wouldn't be feeding her them for awhile yet.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2017
383 posts
641 upvotes
lel
They expire in a while and you can keep them in fridge for 24h
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Feb 1, 2006
633 posts
85 upvotes
This is a HOT deal when walmart doesn't have it for the same price. I stocked up on 3 cases. Each bottle is equivalent o 8 ounces, so the way we look at it, it's 2 feedings. Just remember once opened, it needs to be refrigerated right away or must be used within an hour. I have wasted a few ounces in this matter, but like a PP mentioned, great to have on hand if you're in a rush, and/or supply is low. Yes, this is more expensive than powder but for these two reasons, it's worth it!
PS - If you sign up for Similac's Club, they mail out and email $5-10 coupons.... making this a scorcher of a deal :)
~snow white~
Jul 5, 2013
875 posts
1306 upvotes
Saint John
soupmaster666 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:23 pm
Walmart did, they've increased it (back) to $48/case in the last couple of weeks.

Similac's concentrated liquid is also sterile and so can be fed to infants, but needs to be mixed 1:1 with sterilized water then refrigerated.

The advantage is you get more than twice as much out of a case (9240ml) for about $50, the disadvantage is you need to prepare it and can't just crack open a room-temperature bottle when your infant gets hungry.
It shows $38.97 on my end. And all my local stores have the same price. Thanks for your advice Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jul 6, 2004
383 posts
17 upvotes
Scarborough
I didn't look too closely at the pricing but the other potential source is Shoppers during a points event.

Has anyone seen the Similac Pro-Advance version in Canada? I was looking for formula with 2'FL HMO in it.
Dec 3, 2016
92 posts
50 upvotes
Price match at RCSS and get an additional 20% off with PC insiders.
Jul 5, 2013
875 posts
1306 upvotes
Saint John
soupmaster666 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:23 pm
Walmart did, they've increased it (back) to $48/case in the last couple of weeks.

Similac's concentrated liquid is also sterile and so can be fed to infants, but needs to be mixed 1:1 with sterilized water then refrigerated.

The advantage is you get more than twice as much out of a case (9240ml) for about $50, the disadvantage is you need to prepare it and can't just crack open a room-temperature bottle when your infant gets hungry.
Might be a silly question . Is Similac better than Enfamil?
Nov 7, 2011
498 posts
347 upvotes
British Columbia
snow_white wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 11:51 am
This is a HOT deal when walmart doesn't have it for the same price. I stocked up on 3 cases. Each bottle is equivalent o 8 ounces, so the way we look at it, it's 2 feedings. Just remember once opened, it needs to be refrigerated right away or must be used within an hour. I have wasted a few ounces in this matter, but like a PP mentioned, great to have on hand if you're in a rush, and/or supply is low. Yes, this is more expensive than powder but for these two reasons, it's worth it!
PS - If you sign up for Similac's Club, they mail out and email $5-10 coupons.... making this a scorcher of a deal :)
I find it hard to believe, that something recommended for premature babies to consumer, will kill them after an hour. If that's true, don't give it to your baby.
Nov 11, 2009
445 posts
111 upvotes
Edmonton
The Tee Daught wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:58 pm
I find it hard to believe, that something recommended for premature babies to consumer, will kill them after an hour. If that's true, don't give it to your baby.
It's because of the potential spoilage after an hour.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2204 posts
840 upvotes
Quebec
I’ll feed my baby powder milk

Like I got fed, like my GF got fed and we are still alive