Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Simplehuman Shower Caddy $113.40

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 5:20 pm
Feb 27, 2004
117 posts
41 upvotes
I bought this 3 days ago from Costco. One of the holes that you need to install a screw in was messed up/cracked from the factory, and one of the plastic clips that push fit onto the metal rod cracked during installation, but besides that it seems ok so far. I paid $70 in store. As long as it doesn’t require re-tighting I will be happy.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2255 posts
961 upvotes
B.C.
Yes!

The bad reviews scared me but once I got the unit I realized it was great.

There are sections that extend out the bottom and the top. You have to play with both to make it stay put properly. When I first installed it it fell down within a few minutes. I had to go up half a peg on the bottom one and then a full one on the top. The instructions say to re torque it after two days and that is really important!

It's been super solid for months!

I built it by myself in 45 minutes including total disassembly and sawing off 6" of the upright to make it fit. I'm not sure what happened to all the people who said it was impossible to install and took hours.
Sep 3, 2014
657 posts
642 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
These are also sold as Advance Habitat brand at RONA and Lowes. It is the same item.

$119 is the normal price. We’ve got 3 of them and they still look brand new after 4 years.

Paid $49 each in a sale, so watch out for offers....
Jul 4, 2019
8 posts
I had another brand's shower caddy then I also got one from this company. You can tell the difference in quality big time. This says it is rust proof and it keeps its promise. Amazing quality product!
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5847 posts
1806 upvotes
GTA
needdealsxyz wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 8:01 pm
I would not recommend this. Bought 3 for 3 washrooms and first one gave up after 6 months. The clips holding the sections collapsed and broke. And we had only two bottles of 750 ml shampoos on each.
Jeez man you guys must be slamming things onto it... mines still perfect.
cjpark wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 8:19 pm
Had this for 6+ years and it still looks and works great. I'd definitely buy another if mine ever dies.
+1 mines still perfect.
simplypop wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 10:05 pm
I've always wanted to get one of these, but I'm scared if it becomes loose, falls and his the glass shower walls. I'll be super f'ed .
Hah, mine faces a glass door too, its been good so far.
razrsharp wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 10:28 pm
I guess Costco stopped selling the ones that were basically SH but rebranded? They were identical for $70.
Yup, got mine from costco, they have a newer model and i would not be hesitant to buy it.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
4327 posts
1389 upvotes
Is this same one that winners sell for $300?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2002
1381 posts
128 upvotes
Burnaby
stangri wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 1:21 am
Had this for 2 years if not more, no problems. I was just about to comment how it looks almost exactly as what OP had posted.
I got mine from Costco about 3 and a half years ago. Installed it and its been perfect ever since. I am not sure what people are talking about with respect to screws because mine didnt need any.

It is spring loaded and pushes against the floor and the ceiling. You just need to make sure its very well compressed when installed. Mine has easily 5-6 litres of assorted products on it without any issues. Not any sign of rust anywhere, my only complaint is the mirror sucks, it was thrown out almost immediately.
-----------------------------
Oh RFD!!! You've Broken my wallet.... :(
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1549 posts
1735 upvotes
Halifax
razrsharp wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 10:28 pm
I guess Costco stopped selling the ones that were basically SH but rebranded? They were identical for $70.
Oh I know I am being negative in a simple human thread, but isnt this proof that you are just paying for the name? If they can sell the exact same thing for much less and the only difference is the name then you are paying $100 (regular price) just for the name.

Of course they can send out replacement parts at no charge because you prepaid $100 extra to them for this caddy.
Mar 12, 2009
267 posts
132 upvotes
I have this exact model in my shower for about 2 years and we're happy with it.
Nov 16, 2008
284 posts
95 upvotes
needdealsxyz wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 8:01 pm
I would not recommend this. Bought 3 for 3 washrooms and first one gave up after 6 months. The clips holding the sections collapsed and broke. And we had only two bottles of 750 ml shampoos on each.
Odd, I've had this exactly one for about 8 years now without any issues except that it broke off some clips when it fell over when it was out of the tub for cleaning.

I called simple human well out of the warranty period (obviously) and they sent me whatever I needed (3x new clips) free of charge.

I couldn't be happier with this unit to be honest. It's very well made.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1614 posts
544 upvotes
tdracer wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 6:05 am
Oh I know I am being negative in a simple human thread, but isnt this proof that you are just paying for the name? If they can sell the exact same thing for much less and the only difference is the name then you are paying $100 (regular price) just for the name.

Of course they can send out replacement parts at no charge because you prepaid $100 extra to them for this caddy.
LOL so in other words, buy this at Costco. BTW here is the original thread I posted 8 years ago, mine is still going strong: simplehuman-shower-caddy-branded-advanc ... #p13539950
Nov 18, 2007
14 posts
7 upvotes
GTA
been using the Costco one for over 4 years and still in perfect condition
Aug 1, 2012
727 posts
87 upvotes
Cambridge
This is a really good quality product, expensive for sure but a lot better than most others. Have had it for 2 years and no complaints.
I also have the Costco Artika one in the guest washroom, its not bad but Simplehuman is still better in terms of overall quality and stability when you have lots of stuff on it.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2436 posts
455 upvotes
I'm not sure about this exact product, but the Artika variant at Costco is total trash. The baskets end up sliding down the pole the second you put any kind of weight on them