• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 11:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3342 posts
1254 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] SNK803 - Seiko Men's SNK803 Beige Dial Watch - $65.82

Annoyed that I ordered this watch last Thursday at about $7 more, but posting here anyway as this appears to be the lowest price. There are several different colour variations for this watch but I think this one is the best. I will be replacing the canvas strap with a brown leather one.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
1765 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Good price for an automatic. I'm waiting for the black one to drop .
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Jun 7, 2017
71 posts
47 upvotes
I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about this model; notably becoming fast over time (at a higher rate than other mechanical watch models), date change delays, and no hacking. You get what you pay for.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3342 posts
1254 upvotes
BranCracker wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 3:53 pm
I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about this model; notably becoming fast over time (at a higher rate than other mechanical watch models), date change delays, and no hacking. You get what you pay for.
Not really worried about any of that as I wouldn't be wearing this everyday and therefore will have to set the time (and possibly) date every time I go to wear it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7634 posts
980 upvotes
Toronto
If you want something a bit more exclusive, the red colour variant of this watch is an amazon exclusive and cannot be purchased anywhere else.

https://www.amazon.ca/Seiko-SNKM95-Stai ... B00H3WT928

I bought the red one for $88 last year. Unfortunate it is a lot more expensive at the moment at $111.09, but as per normal amazon fluctuations on these items, the price will go down again.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3342 posts
1254 upvotes
appleb wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:55 pm
If you want something a bit more exclusive, the red colour variant of this watch is an amazon exclusive and cannot be purchased anywhere else.

I bought the red one for $88 last year. Unfortunate it is a lot more expensive at the moment at $111.09, but as per normal amazon fluctuations on these items, the price will go down again.
I have that one on price watch. Depending on how I like the beige one, I may get the red one too. I saw a nice black leather strap with red stitching that would probably pair well with this. Did you swap out the strap?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3035 posts
621 upvotes
Edmonton
New strap would do wonders for that watch.. that one is absolutely hideous in my opinion :(
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1049 posts
77 upvotes
I bought this watch at $75 a month or so ago. Awesome colour for the watch. Mine's fast maybe 5 seconds a day so very impressive. Lume lasts through the night and the lume can be differentiated (ie. min and hour hand are farily different).

Overall very happy with it. Using stock strap too. Scratchy but you get used to it.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29107 posts
1001 upvotes
Fernando Po
Both of my Seiko watches run slow, including my blue version of this one.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2436 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
appleb wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:55 pm

The biege one looks miles better than the red one in my opinion though.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:11 am
The biege one looks miles better than the red one in my opinion though.
I think the red could be better with a strap colour change.
qp
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1060 posts
493 upvotes
The 6
Pretty friggin ugly. Can't believe that Seiko put their name on that design. Seiko has really been trending further and further downward as far as brand recognition.

Not a bad beater watch for the price I guess. I presume most will be buying this to use when travelling. If you lose it or get robbed it's no big deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1345 posts
93 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
nice watch; would go well on a tropical vacation or summer day stroll.

But ever since I got the huge Bulova Grammy watch, I've been really loving the larger watch face. One of the reasons I exchanged the Samsung Gear Sport for the Gear Sport Frontier.
Jun 30, 2017
29 posts
6 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 11:44 am
nice watch; would go well on a tropical vacation or summer day stroll.

But ever since I got the huge Bulova Grammy watch, I've been really loving the larger watch face. One of the reasons I exchanged the Samsung Gear Sport for the Gear Sport Frontier.
On a side note, how are you liking the Bulova? I got one for a gift so it hasn't been opened yet.
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
DrunkenStupor wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 11:40 am
Pretty friggin ugly. Can't believe that Seiko put their name on that design. Seiko has really been trending further and further downward as far as brand recognition.

Not a bad beater watch for the price I guess. I presume most will be buying this to use when travelling. If you lose it or get robbed it's no big deal.
If you think the watch is ugly, you are entitled to your own opinion, but don't blame Seiko for this one, this style of watch is a classic old fashioned military watch, a lot of brands make a similar style to this watch, not just Seiko, because there are plenty of people that do like this style of watch that is why.
qp