Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower with Rechargeable Ecosharp 40-volt Lithium-Ion Battery

Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2809 posts
1380 upvotes
Calgary
pca1987 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 1:36 pm
It's a single garage/driveway, sidewalk is standard size in a packed neighbourhood.

I guess I will try to shovel this winter to see if I really need it, or until I regret not buying a blower (or not).
if you're gonna showel the driveway, I'd highly recommend you get one of these Garant Sleigh Showels. It moves a lot of snow (relatively) quickly & easily plus it'll also save your back. dont know why its $71 now cos I picked up mine for $25 but you get my drift (pun intended Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes). Im sure you can find an equivalent for about $40 now.
Jan 8, 2018
127 posts
130 upvotes
Good deal on a very good product. I live in Ottawa, have a double driveway, and had no issues whatsoever with this last winter. Can handle everything except the wall of ice the city plows are nice enough to dump on us. Everything from my mower, drills, to snow blower are cordless and I have never had any problems. Taking proper care of the batteries is key
Apr 6, 2008
201 posts
45 upvotes
pca1987 wrote:
It's a single garage/driveway, sidewalk is standard size in a packed neighbourhood.

I guess I will try to shovel this winter to see if I really need it, or until I regret not buying a blower (or not).
get a sleigh style shovel similar to this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001FD ... UTF8&psc=1

This went on sale on amazon once for 25 bux. You just "plow" the snow off to the side. No need for lifting or bending or stressing your back. I can do my single car garage drive way in about 10-15 min.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
13542 posts
2994 upvotes
London
nx6288 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 1:42 pm
what if you're someone who doesn't want to deal with maintenance required on gas machines?
Ego cordless is a good battery blower that performs as well or better than a gas machine, however it assumes you are already part of their shared battery ecosystem- mowers , trimmers etc. otherwise the cost is $$$$$
Dec 11, 2010
44 posts
27 upvotes
Newfoundland
I purchased this same model last year from TSC during Boxing Day week for $189.00 + tax. It was a show stopper at $239.00 and I had a $50 coupon from Scotiabank to use specifically at TSC. I bought it to use on my patio which is 30 feet by 12 feet and it works awesome. I also have a quad with a blow and a Honda snowblower but found I used this the most last year because it was a year with little amount of snow. My drive way is 40 ft x 35 ft and with 4” of light snow down I could do the entire driveway and my deck on a single fully charged battery. This thing is fun to use compared to my big Honda. This will never replace a two stage blower but even on big snow days if you could clear your driveway a couple of times this will do a good job.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
41728 posts
2633 upvotes
Richmond Hill
minwersh wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 2:30 pm
get a sleigh style shovel similar to this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001FD ... UTF8&psc=1

This went on sale on amazon once for 25 bux. You just "plow" the snow off to the side. No need for lifting or bending or stressing your back. I can do my single car garage drive way in about 10-15 min.
If anyone wants mine, it's lightly used and pick up in Markham for $25. I've ran out of space in my garage for it.
***Brand New Apple TV 4th Gen 64GB ONLY $220!!***
Silver Coins | Apple TV 4th Gen 64GB | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11784 posts
2202 upvotes
RFD
Best to buy the plug in model, batteries are not reliable when so many don't know how to properly store them. Hassle free would be the corded version.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2341 posts
1624 upvotes
Clarington
pca1987 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 1:22 pm
this will be my first winter in a house in Canada and I have no idea if

- Shovel
- Cordless snow blower
- Gas snow blower

Realistically will a snow blower save me lots of time on a regular sized single garage detached house (no corner lot)?

This seems like a good price but also seems to be not powerful enough for when you actually need it the most
You haven't lived in Ontario till you get hit by a snow squall off of Lake Huron and all you have is your rinky dinky shovel!
Feb 22, 2009
709 posts
696 upvotes
Whitby
throwers, blowers, chuckers... if it is battery or plug in run away. get a proper gas snow blower or just tough it out with a shovel!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
8178 posts
1352 upvotes
Winnipeg
pca1987 wrote:

https://www.lowes.ca/snow-blowers/front ... 03088.html

buy that instead for home user. Just remember to always use premium no ethanol gas.
Jan 12, 2008
744 posts
276 upvotes
TDot
nx6288 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 1:42 pm
what if you're someone who doesn't want to deal with maintenance required on gas machines?
I bought a cheap lawnmower at Sears over 3years ago. I've never maintained it, just gas and go. Still works perfect to this day lol.

I have a Snow Joe corded SJ618E used for one season and it works well but the cord kills it ..so irritating. I'm thinking of selling it for $100 and buying a gas blower that I won't maintain haha.
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
90 posts
209 upvotes
3258 Cork St Guelph,…
This snow blower looks like no AC option. What I gonna do, if the battery runs out before the work is completed?
[OP]
Jan 13, 2002
377 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
hightech wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 1:51 pm
If you use a trickle/float charger and keep the battery charged since new, you should be able to get 3 years+ out of it. Most times people charge the battery, let it run flat and then recharge it. This is one of the worst things you can do for a battery and it will greatly shorten the battery life.
Is a 'trickle/float charger' what comes with this snowblower, or do I need to buy a separate type of battery charger to keep the battery healthy?