Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower with Rechargeable Ecosharp 40-volt Lithium-Ion Battery

Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4115 posts
841 upvotes
Kitchener
bundy5555 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 6:59 am
It lose charge in the cold.
yes, batteries have lower output when they're cold, but I don't think it impacts their lifespan..
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
13527 posts
2984 upvotes
London
badger11 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 9:55 pm
I've done the same with my Dewalt packs but rebuilding Lithium packs is not for the faint at heart.
One needs to have a healthy understanding of the chemistry and physics of these cells otherwise you can create an unwanted explosive outcome.
This is perhaps one reason why there hasn't been a proliferation of battery rebuilding services for Lithium packs [unlike the NiCad generation].
For liability reasons it just safer to buy replacements.
For those interested, the SnowJow Ecosharp packs are built with good quality high amperage cells-- Samsung INR 20Q to be exact.
When these die I'll rebuild them with 6, 8, 9Amp ...whatever Amperage that we will evolved to.
Theres a place in London called CHANS that rebuilds li-ion battery packs
http://www.chansbattery.ca/
Jun 10, 2003
609 posts
36 upvotes
Halifax
badger11 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 9:55 pm
I've done the same with my Dewalt packs but rebuilding Lithium packs is not for the faint at heart.
One needs to have a healthy understanding of the chemistry and physics of these cells otherwise you can create an unwanted explosive outcome.
This is perhaps one reason why there hasn't been a proliferation of battery rebuilding services for Lithium packs [unlike the NiCad generation].
For liability reasons it just safer to buy replacements.
For those interested, the SnowJow Ecosharp packs are built with good quality high amperage cells-- Samsung INR 20Q to be exact.
When these die I'll rebuild them with 6, 8, 9Amp ...whatever Amperage that we will evolved to.
I agree, quick way for a nasty fire if you do not know what you are doing. I think people have been so used to tossing things when the battery dies that they wouldn't think that they can be rebuilt.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1904 posts
437 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Corded is a HUGE PITA, I have one with a cord, went on the cord numerous times already by accident, last one chopped the cord in half. Plus you need the thick cords for outdoor stuff and they are a PITA to store and onfold when needed (cuz you also need a long one on top of it)...If the cordless gets the job done then don't even bother looking at corded.
azn0Richard0 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 1:34 pm
If you don't mind a cord. Walmart will have this for 138$ on their pre black friday flyer.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/snow-joe-s ... 2P6X3CZPMH
Imo I feel these machines seem a bit large and a bit of a hassle unless you have a large driveway and walkway that requires a lot of work to clear.
Jan 12, 2008
735 posts
257 upvotes
TDot
Yeah, I guess my corded snow joe isn't too bad. That cord really pisses me off though and it can't clear the barrier the snow plow leaves.

Otherwise it works well and saves me lots of time.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11286 posts
2682 upvotes
GTA
I was looking at getting a snow blower a couple of years ago and then the wife gave me a gift of a little corded SnowJoe. I was sceptical at first but it really does a good job. You easily figure out a way to avoid the cord, it's not rocket science.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2420 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto
TurboTronix wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 10:48 am
Corded is a HUGE PITA, I have one with a cord, went on the cord numerous times already by accident, last one chopped the cord in half. Plus you need the thick cords for outdoor stuff and they are a PITA to store and onfold when needed (cuz you also need a long one on top of it)...If the cordless gets the job done then don't even bother looking at corded.
I use a corded with no issue...need to wrap it properly on the machine and then a loop around your body/shoulder - got a cheap from from crappy tire but it gets the job done for me.
Sep 26, 2012
164 posts
94 upvotes
Edmonton
scotsum wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 2:02 pm
if you're gonna showel the driveway, I'd highly recommend you get one of these Garant Sleigh Showels. It moves a lot of snow (relatively) quickly & easily plus it'll also save your back. dont know why its $71 now cos I picked up mine for $25 but you get my drift (pun intended Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes). Im sure you can find an equivalent for about $40 now.
+1 for the sleigh shovel. Saves your back...always thought it looked goofy until i tried it.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4553 posts
1329 upvotes
Canuckland
For those still interested in the garant sled there is a place in Richmond hill selling them $35 cash

Pure overstock 128 industrial rd
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15756 posts
3959 upvotes
DrPoopee79 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 9:16 pm
+1 for the sleigh shovel. Saves your back...always thought it looked goofy until i tried it.
I've broken those twice trying to move/lift heavy snow. This year I'm going to splurge for a two stage gas snow thrower preferably with tracks like the old Craftsman I had at my parent's house that lasted for many years...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5095 posts
770 upvotes
pca1987 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 1:22 pm
this will be my first winter in a house in Canada and I have no idea if

- Shovel
- Cordless snow blower
- Gas snow blower

Realistically will a snow blower save me lots of time on a regular sized single garage detached house (no corner lot)?

This seems like a good price but also seems to be not powerful enough for when you actually need it the most
I have an attached garage so fairly long driveway. I bought a snowblower when I moved to this house off Kijiji for $400ish. I used it probably once or twice for big snowfalls. It would save time on the big ones but not that much imo. I don't mind shoveling and it's good exercise, so I sold the snowblower and just shovel now. Took up a lot of space and barely used it, got my money back. I don't know if a brand new $1000 one would be more efficient and quicker but I just didn't feel like it was worth it for me.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15756 posts
3959 upvotes
baz5 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 9:43 pm
I have an attached garage so fairly long driveway. I bought a snowblower when I moved to this house off Kijiji for $400ish. I used it probably once or twice for big snowfalls. It would save time on the big ones but not that much imo. I don't mind shoveling and it's good exercise, so I sold the snowblower and just shovel now. Took up a lot of space and barely used it, got my money back. I don't know if a brand new $1000 one would be more efficient and quicker but I just didn't feel like it was worth it for me.
In my case 2 ruptured discs and 1 bulged disc in my back means I should not be lifting any snow at all. I no longer feel the need for exercise that has, in the past, put me on the shelf for as much as 4 months in excruciating pain. I NEED a snow thrower...
Oct 15, 2018
27 posts
27 upvotes
This is a great snowblower for Florida.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5095 posts
770 upvotes
DougO wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 10:04 am
In my case 2 ruptured discs and 1 bulged disc in my back means I should not be lifting any snow at all. I no longer feel the need for exercise that has, in the past, put me on the shelf for as much as 4 months in excruciating pain. I NEED a snow thrower...
Yes, I was meaning to and forgot to add, it depends on your age and situation.