Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Snow Joe SJ623E ultra 15amp electric snow blower $232 (HD-$398)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 9:07 am
[OP]
Dec 28, 2010
120 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] Snow Joe SJ623E ultra 15amp electric snow blower $232 (HD-$398)

Just ordered with Prime Shipping - looked good after reading reviews and people recommending to go with a 15 amp blower. Also, this one has steel blades.
Homedepot has it for ; $398 - https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.15-a ... 59873.html

found on amazon for $232 with Prime shipping.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 20th, 2019 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed link
28 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2400 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
Decent deal. 100% agree on the 15A and metal auger. I have a cheap 10A from crappy tire that, while it gets the job done for me, definitely struggles with anything but the lightest snow.
Apr 13, 2015
106 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Hello please keep in mind that this exact model was on sale for $144 on Dec 7th and $199 on Feb 1 (Amazon.ca)

I would hold off for a better price.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2010
120 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered already and arriving on thursday . Can't wait longer to time it right ...needed something to save my back. I guess not the best , but it's a decent price with prime shopping . Thnx for the info..i have had some luck with amazon refunding difference in 30days if price really drops significant. Or else its going to be a return and rebuy.
Feb 7, 2008
846 posts
217 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have this model, ordered from Amazon back in the summer for like 150. It's been great, cleared my driveway without any issues in all of the snowstorms we've had in Toronto this season.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3986 posts
16606 upvotes
TORONTO
I have a similar one, my recommendation is to stay away from a corded blower. Get one of those wireless or a gas model.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2345 posts
959 upvotes
West Coast
anon_s wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 8:46 pm
I have a similar one, my recommendation is to stay away from a corded blower. Get one of those wireless or a gas model.
Is it due to the hassle of dealing with the cord or due to power? I assume it's due to the cord since battery models are likely the same (or worse) in terms of power.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3986 posts
16606 upvotes
TORONTO
Richfields wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 8:56 pm
Is it due to the hassle of dealing with the cord or due to power? I assume it's due to the cord since battery models are likely the same (or worse) in terms of power.
Cord hassle. The cord will also get more rigid in the cold compounding the hassles.

Power-wise I think it's fine for snow in the GTA. Areas in the north or closer to the horseshoe, not so much.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3189 posts
1550 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
If you are north like me, then don't bother. Sure works fine most snow we get as it's normally lots of it but always light snow. But the issue is the cable itself will start to snap in our -40+ temperatures. You will go through more cords long term then the damn machine itself.
---
Apr 15, 2004
672 posts
119 upvotes
This Home Depot exclusive model is pretty much equivalent and less expensive. It has worked great for me in all kinds of snow over the past year. And I live in a cooler and especially snowy part of Quebec. I'm not sure the upgrade from 13.5A to 15A would be worth the increased cost for most of you. The only times it bogs down are in very heavy, wet, snow or hard packed snow at the end of the driveway. But I doubt 1.5A could make a big difference in either of those cases.
Feb 5, 2017
63 posts
54 upvotes
So I got a corded version of this a year ago cuz I was dumb. Let me share my experiences. My driveway is really long and narrow, I had to buy a 10m extension cord. It was a total pain in the ass to move anymore with a cord, doesn't matter if you shove close or far. The cord get in the way every damn time. It would tie itself up in loops or just disconnect cuz I was pulling on it. The snowblower also stopped working in the middle of a very large snowstorm as well. I would hear it rev up but the blades would not spin. Did some research on the internet and it seems that overheating is a common issue. Havn't used it since so don't know if it is broke or just overheated. Stay away from corded ones. Battery ones are okay but I would be aware of overheating issue.
Dec 13, 2006
436 posts
137 upvotes
I also bought this model.

I have a small driveway and bought a quality 50 feet 12 gauge extension cord to go with it.

The cord is not that bad for me and for the price I paid it does a good job.

However this is not a good price for this item. It was avalaible for 140..150..165... During the summer or the beginning of the winter.
Sep 10, 2015
141 posts
23 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I bought this for $118 from amazon in 2016. User it a couple of times since and it does the job in Toronto.
Power Cable can be a headache so suggest you get something that isn’t overly long. I went all out and got 50 ft and just comes in the way
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1791 posts
1111 upvotes
No Bum Deals
RottenGman wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 5:10 pm
Hello please keep in mind that this exact model was on sale for $144 on Dec 7th and $199 on Feb 1 (Amazon.ca)

I would hold off for a better price.
I got this from amazon November 17 for $169.
It works very well.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/8 [paying 15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀