Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Sonos one (Gen 2) WHITE $184 - $65 credit =119+tax lowest price ever!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2019 4:50 pm
May 28, 2005
494 posts
4 upvotes
Etobicoke
deezz wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 1:45 am
I think I might be frigging stuck with the first one because I already redeemed the credit on something lol. Might just try to sell it too if I get something "better"...something that works with the Google ecosystem...wouldn't mind a Max, or a good speaker with a frigging aux in - smh Sonos.
I can take the white one off your hands at cost (net of credits) if interested
Jan 15, 2010
492 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Scote64 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 10:14 am
I've only been a Sonos user for a few months, and I have been generally disappointed with the many, many limitations that Sonos products have, and the many. many bugs and problems with both Alexa and Google Assistant voice assistants. In my opinion Sonos doesn't do enough to improve in these areas - in fact I would call their attitude in the user feedback forums arrogant, in that it generally comes across as "this is the way we do it, take it or leave it".
Totally agree. The annoying thing with the Alexa assistant is that the volumes are always changed when you listen to music. So she's always very loud when she replies. I got around this by having my home automation reset the volume after music stops playing every time. This helps a bit.

The only other thing I use with it is Airplay 2 (my whole house is setup nicely this way) and that works well. Though it doesn't allow a password and I almost had to return it because my phone has a policy that forces it to use passwords with airplay. Good thing I found a work around for that and got it working.

The sound though is great.
Aug 7, 2007
748 posts
87 upvotes
Metro-Vancouver
futabasan wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 3:07 am
Yeah was hoping the Sonos would integrate with the Minis
that's the only reason i got the sonos to begin with. Then google assistance finally came and big surprise... it doesn't integrate with google assistance for spotify. I was hoping to use minis to control sonos to use free spotify account. But oh well, i just use Airplay 2 for now. I got 2 that couldn't get credits. I think my best bet is just to return to Amazon instead of going through the pain of selling at cost.
Nothing to sell for now :)

All junk... i mean stuff are sold ^^
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3319 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto
My $65 promo credit is gone from my account... Anyone else not use theirs and has it disappeared?
Jan 12, 2007
927 posts
104 upvotes
tungx2 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 11:55 am
that's the only reason i got the sonos to begin with. Then google assistance finally came and big surprise... it doesn't integrate with google assistance for spotify. I was hoping to use minis to control sonos to use free spotify account. But oh well, i just use Airplay 2 for now. I got 2 that couldn't get credits. I think my best bet is just to return to Amazon instead of going through the pain of selling at cost.
wait wut...

i got a sonos one during the prime promo and i'm using it daily with google assistant proxying for spotify control, i'm like "hey google, play this song" and it plays that song, and then i'm like "okay google, play that playlist" and it plays that playlist

maybe i'm missing or misunderstanding something
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4059 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto
tungx2 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 11:55 am
You need Spotify Premium for Sonos. It's in their documentation.

https://support.spotify.com/is/listen_e ... ker/sonos/
Spotify wrote:Can I use Spotify Free with Sonos?
No, you need a Spotify Premium account to listen to Spotify on your Sonos.
Jan 12, 2007
927 posts
104 upvotes
wtf, the free spotify tier doesn't allow for this?

that's **** up
Nov 5, 2009
97 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
flame02 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 9:46 pm
My $65 promo credit is gone from my account... Anyone else not use theirs and has it disappeared?
I used $38 worth on one order thinking I could use the rest up on the next....then it disappeared. Looked through the terms:

Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.

Shady. I thought it would operate like an account credit.
Mar 15, 2003
714 posts
197 upvotes
toronto
mcmaxx wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 9:17 am
I used $38 worth on one order thinking I could use the rest up on the next....then it disappeared. Looked through the terms:

Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.

Shady. I thought it would operate like an account credit.
I used my credit up on multiple orders and different days, maybe it wasn't shipped and sold by Amazon? Don't think the credit will show up if it is not sold by Amazon.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4838 posts
1082 upvotes
thesober wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 11:43 am
I used my credit up on multiple orders and different days, maybe it wasn't shipped and sold by Amazon? Don't think the credit will show up if it is not sold by Amazon.
This is the key. I tested different items in my cart, and the credit only shows up for items shipped and sold by Amazon.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Nov 5, 2009
97 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
deezz wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 11:48 am
This is the key. I tested different items in my cart, and the credit only shows up for items shipped and sold by Amazon.
Oh my bad. Yes that is correct. That term confused me.
Jan 21, 2018
881 posts
741 upvotes
Vancouver
One last note on this offer:

I used most of my $65 credit within a few weeks on a couple of birthday gifts of miscellaneous items sold and shipped by Amazon.ca.

When I went to use the last of the credit in August, it was denied. I contacted Amazon customer service about it, they said that this credit was to be used only on items sold by Sonos. I told them that wasn't true - no such restriction appeared in the terms of the original offer (of which I had a copy), and clearly it was not true because they could see in my records that I had used it to purchase non-Sonos items twice previously. The agent's response was to deny that there had been any change to the terms of the offer. I asked for the supervisor, and eventually, without admitting that Amazon had changed the terms and lied about it, he promised me a credit back on my current order for the remaining promo amount (which I still haven't received almost 2 weeks later!).

A pretty bad performance by Amazon!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4838 posts
1082 upvotes
Scote64 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 9:53 am
One last note on this offer:

I used most of my $65 credit within a few weeks on a couple of birthday gifts of miscellaneous items sold and shipped by Amazon.ca.

When I went to use the last of the credit in August, it was denied. I contacted Amazon customer service about it, they said that this credit was to be used only on items sold by Sonos. I told them that wasn't true - no such restriction appeared in the terms of the original offer (of which I had a copy), and clearly it was not true because they could see in my records that I had used it to purchase non-Sonos items twice previously. The agent's response was to deny that there had been any change to the terms of the offer. I asked for the supervisor, and eventually, without admitting that Amazon had changed the terms and lied about it, he promised me a credit back on my current order for the remaining promo amount (which I still haven't received almost 2 weeks later!).

A pretty bad performance by Amazon!
Man that really sucks. The acquisition and application of this credit has really been a pain, but at least you got to use most of the credit. Hopefully you still receive the remainder! I used my first $65 in one shot, for fear of something like this happening....this credit was wonky to begin with so I didn't want to risk losing any of it. I had to call in about five times to get my second credit applied. I spent probably over two hours in conversation with five different reps, and there was about a two week gap between my fourth and my fifth call. The last call finally got my credit applied, and they just list it as a courtesy credit, which I'm hoping means there's really no expiry date attached to it.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Dec 28, 2009
170 posts
31 upvotes
Any idea when the $65 promo expires? My wife made the purchase and claimed there were varying dates.