• Jun 5th, 2019 9:59 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1154 posts
380 upvotes
Scarborough

[Amazon Canada] SoundPeats bluetooth Earbuds

Was looking for some earbuds and Just noticed these are on sale. Heard good things about them.
Grabbed the TrueFree Plus

SOUNDPEATS TrueFree Plus
Purchase link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07NVLL8GW/
Original price: $48.99
Discount price: $41.59

SOUNDPEATS TrueFree
Purchase link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07L31PBNB/
Original price: $42.99
Discount price: $36.59
Last edited by TomRFD on May 28th, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong Amazon
Past: 02' Protege5 | 07' Mazda3 GT | 02' BMW M3 | 10' Mazdaspeed3 |03 S2000 |05' S2000 Now: 18' BMW M2
56 replies
Apr 8, 2017
521 posts
321 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Kinda tempting. Though I feel i'm gonna lose one bud pretty fast.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Nov 18, 2011
107 posts
29 upvotes
EDMONTON
OutsideYourWorld wrote:
May 18th, 2019 3:03 pm
Kinda tempting. Though I feel i'm gonna lose one bud pretty fast.
They have a case.
Apr 8, 2017
521 posts
321 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
cwangs wrote:
May 18th, 2019 3:30 pm
They have a case.
Yea I know, but I wouldn't want to carry that around with me most of the time, and there'll definitely be times where I take a bud out to talk or have better awareness, throw it in my pocket, and... Things just disappear sometimes ;)
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5246 posts
1067 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Are these the best cheap true wireless buds on amazon? Looking for something under 50.
Aug 7, 2011
604 posts
147 upvotes
The ones that are now $35.99, I purchased back in February for $42.99.

I've never been more impressed in my life from "cheap" headphones and regret wasting money on those 50% off Skull Candy deals for "wireless" headphones with unbalanced volume modules that keep slipping off one ear.

Pros

- the earbuds fit perfectly and don't slip off
- the sound is actually decent bassy
- the fit is tight so there's a natural noise cancelling, I treat them like weaker earplugs even with nothing playing
- the truly wireless nature gives you a sense of freedom, I find taking out my wired headset an annoyance when I need to take a call now

Cons

- yes, I need my wired headset as this set can't be trusted for important calls (unless there's zero background noise)
- occasional annoyances with disconnecting / connecting randomly

But for the price, the cons are miniscule. Personally, I rely on these to play light background music to drown out the train noise and knock out.
Dec 1, 2002
855 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
So I bought these about 4 months or so. First bought the truefree then bought the truefree plus.

Pros:
Very reasonably priced for True free buds at under $45.
Sound quality is very good for what they are, little dots in your ear without wire. Very good mids and lows, high's not that great for me but acceptable... Just overall very reasonable sound quality. Better than most $45 range wired earphones, which was a nice surprise for me.
They do not overly protrude when in ears like others.
If you get the Truefree Plus (the case with lid) overall case size is still acceptable in pants without feeling overly bulky (Truefree one is even smaller)
Double press is pretty responsive for forward and back unlike other wired earbuds.
3.5 hrs usage pretty good considering you'd likely not use it continuous for that long.
Doesn't hurt the ear, atleast not for me for any prolonged usage.
No Lag playing video at all.

Cons:
Like alot of cheap true wireless earbuds they do cut in and out of bluetooth. I have noticed it more during downtown Financial District then when I'm around the house. Good thing is they connect quite fast automatically so it's a minor nuisance. Maybe once or twice from time to time.
Sometime the left and right goes just so slightly out of sync.... it create a very odd echo feel that's not quite totally off, but sound is noticeably different. Turn off and on will usually fix it or it will auto fix itself. had this happen maybe twice.
No audio adjustment on the buds themselves so you have to adjust on the phone itself.

For the price, despite the cons I've noted, I really appreciate the lack of wire around my neck during sweaty gym sessions, and the sound is seriously good for what you're paying. for my first pair of true wireless buds, I definitely feel it's a good buy. But would probably like to get a more expensive one in the future to see if the cost is justified for maybe less cut outs. Once again cut outs are small nuisance... but they are noticeable.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1269 posts
109 upvotes
Aside from the battery size, what’s the difference between these two models? Amazon indicates that the Truefree is the newer version of the Truefree Plus (would’ve thought it would be the other way around).

Also this guy noticed some lag when watching vids. Has anyone else noticed the same thing
Mar 25, 2009
728 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
There are 3 different models. As far as I know the only difference is the capacity of the charging case. The ear buds are identical. I purchased the “high end” expensive ones which are now $50 a few month ago and I’m very happy so far. Sound quality is better than expected and the battery capacity is more than I need. I would probably pick the “mid range” version now .. definitely recommend
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1269 posts
109 upvotes
mcfrugal wrote:
May 18th, 2019 7:21 pm
There are 3 different models. As far as I know the only difference is the capacity of the charging case. The ear buds are identical. I purchased the “high end” expensive ones which are now $50 a few month ago and I’m very happy so far. Sound quality is better than expected and the battery capacity is more than I need. I would probably pick the “mid range” version now .. definitely recommend
I keep mine in my bag so weight and bulk are a consideration - even if tiny -but so is a lid to keep out dust and debris. Do you know if the lidded “high-end” version’s storage box is any bigger than the mid. version?
Mar 25, 2009
728 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
bobor wrote: I keep mine in my bag so weight and bulk are a consideration - even if tiny -but so is a lid to keep out dust and debris. Do you know if the lidded “high-end” version’s storage box is any bigger than the mid. version?
the case of the ones I bought have a bit of weight. Not really heavy, but I can feel them in my my jacket. I would THINK (not confirmed) that the “mid range” with lid are a bit lighter because of the smaller battery. Unfortunately the Amazon description doesn’t clarify this question.
Jul 7, 2009
587 posts
240 upvotes
Bought these for my wife 6 months ago and can't be happier with them especially for the price. She uses them for jogging mainly and they sound great, connect well (for jogging) and battery lasts well enough.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2252 posts
1106 upvotes
Kitchener
NOOOOOOOO!!

RFD needs to have a filter to prevent idiots like me from losing their money on BT speakers and headphones and earbuds. What the hell, RFD?
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)