Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

SoundPeats bluetooth Earbuds

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2019 9:59 am
Sep 1, 2015
89 posts
110 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: no lags here..might be your setup
True, the ones I tested had some lag from youtube, so I could have been my setup.
What about cut outs like others have complained about? Have you experienced those?
Nov 16, 2011
124 posts
104 upvotes
Edmonton
They sound good, and pair quick, thanks.

I got the basic SoundPeats at original price of $36-$2 coupon.

I cut shorter some of the comply T-400 foam ear tips I had around and they seem to fit well, just pressed the foam together and used scissors, trimmed the second one again because it needed a nudge before it charged in the case.
Images
  • image.jpg
Sep 1, 2015
89 posts
110 upvotes
Spud10909 wrote: I don't have any lag on calls or video with mine. I'm running an OG Pixel with them. Might be worth the $40 to give them a shot for yourself. I have the Truefree Plus model.

What about them cutting out, like others have complained about in this thread? Reason I'm asking is that I need them for meetings I hold online. Would prefer something cheaper than the more expensive ones like Jabra elite.
Jan 6, 2018
60 posts
86 upvotes
I bought the TrueFree (non plus) linked in the OP. I've never used true wireless earbuds before, but these are great. Good battery life (and can be charged 3 times from the case), great sound (almost identical to the Sennheiser 4.4bt to my untrained ears), never lost connection on me, decent range (can move around my apartment without a stutter). They're small and lightweight, and are a nice fit. The media controls on them are good too.
Negatives would be lag, there's a perceptible delay between the audio and video. And if you pair them to 2 devices, and turn them on with both devices nearby, they'll connect to one randomly and you can't try and connect them to the other from the device itself, you have to turn off the Bluetooth on the other device first.
Would def recommend.
Aug 28, 2011
324 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
Cheers! Got the TrueFree Plus at $39.99. Sounds great, similar to QCY7s I've had previously. Only cutting out I've experienced was when I was near a wall of active microwaves. Calls were fine on it (I was never asked to speak up nor has anyone complained that they can't hear me clearly). Latency was non-existent when watching netflix and YT, which was my biggest worry using BT headphones.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
TruckedIguana wrote: Keep seeing buds like these posted and every time I'm so close to buying. But then I remember, lag with phone calls and watching video which negates these for me.
Bluetooth earbuds just aren't there yet. I'm not sure what the bluetooth community is up to, but they seem to be in bed with USB by sitting around scratching their asses and playing D&D, rather than busy with R&D.
fwiw iPhone X, slight lag on YouTube, no lag with streaming Netflix, no lag with vids saved in my camera roll and none with FaceTime calls. But the phone call quality is is not like my Watch or wife’s AirPods (price point difference of course) where the other person thinks I’m using my phone.

Good bass, cheap price, can use them anywhere no worries, I like them. Have not noticed any cutouts.
Aug 2, 2018
97 posts
85 upvotes
TruckedIguana wrote:
What about them cutting out, like others have complained about in this thread? Reason I'm asking is that I need them for meetings I hold online. Would prefer something cheaper than the more expensive ones like Jabra elite.
Like all Bluetooth headphones, some can cut out when there is lots of Bluetooth signals around or lots of metal or solid material like concrete around/between. It's dropped a few times in my gym when I'm in a corner with lots of exposed metal beams and other Bluetooth users. In my experience, I've only had one bud lose the other for a split second. No drop from phone or in audio but you do hear the little ding it makes when the buds connect to eachother. It's 1/4 second long and hardly an annoyance when it happens so infrequently.

The mic is ok but nothing stellar. If you need these for meetings you may want to get a pair with a wire you can hang by your mouth. Mics are iffy on all of the wireless buds. I haven't had any complaints when on phone calls with these, but when I asked about quality they can tell I am on headphones.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
Picked these up today and tried them out in the gym, worked great. Could care less about videos/calls, just wanted something for working out.

Light, went a size down in the ear tips, decent bass, no trouble pairing or connection issues so far.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
TruckedIguana wrote: What about them cutting out, like others have complained about in this thread? Reason I'm asking is that I need them for meetings I hold online. Would prefer something cheaper than the more expensive ones like Jabra elite.
i would invest in plantronics voyager, a dedicated bt headset with proper mic vs any wireless music headphones.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3565 upvotes
The re-seller I purchased through sent the completely wrong earbuds, after changing the product image and description. Hooray for rampant fraud on Amazon. So fun. This is the scariest thing about Amazon. Sure, we might find all of this convenient now; but wait until they have zero competition and care even less about their customers.
It's going to be horrifying.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1923 posts
2111 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
MikoWilson wrote: The re-seller I purchased through sent the completely wrong earbuds, after changing the product image and description. Hooray for rampant fraud on Amazon. So fun. This is the scariest thing about Amazon. Sure, we might find all of this convenient now; but wait until they have zero competition and care even less about their customers.
It's going to be horrifying.
Why didn't you just buy directly from them?
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Based on that YouTube review, I’m out on an iPhone X. I don’t want a delay if I decide to watch video.
Any buds out there without a noticeable delay?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
reggyDeal wrote: Any buds out there without a noticeable delay?
Sorry, not an earbuds expert. I know my wife's Airpods don't have any latency and they always stay connected.

Also what you quoted is wrong lol, I ended up buying a pair...
AncasterRFD wrote: fwiw iPhone X, slight lag on YouTube, no lag with streaming Netflix, no lag with vids saved in my camera roll and none with FaceTime calls. But the phone call quality is is not like my Watch or wife’s AirPods (price point difference of course) where the other person thinks I’m using my phone.

Good bass, cheap price, can use them anywhere no worries, I like them. Have not noticed any cutouts.
Last edited by AncasterRFD on Jun 5th, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 4, 2008
518 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Bought these and returned them. Liked the sound and battery life, but they didn't fit well in my ears. Tried airpods and loved the fit much better, despite them looking stupid. For those who like more of an inner ear fit, you won't be disappointed with the SoundPeats.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3565 upvotes
OutsideYourWorld wrote: Why didn't you just buy directly from them?
I thought I was. Fullfilled by Amazon should denote that they at least check that the item is the correct item?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
MikoWilson wrote: I thought I was. Fullfilled by Amazon should denote that they at least check that the item is the correct item?
That's really disappointing. At least you can return it to Amazon.