Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Spend $60 and save $20 on select nutrition and wellness products (*** Important : Tax refund on CLIF ***)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 6:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
3052 posts
3111 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Spend $60 and save $20 on select nutrition and wellness products (*** Important : Tax refund on CLIF ***)

Update#3 (*** Important ***): Thanks to member(shopper_holic) on post#41 provide the update about tax refund from Amazon.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-c ... #p28799665

Update#2: About tax (HST) charging for the CLIF bar : I have tested the following products from both Amazon and Walmart website, result is following :
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut (Only Amazon charges tax)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter (Only Amazon charges tax)
- Coconut Chocolate Chip(Only Amazon charges tax)
- Chocolate Almond Fudge(Only Amazon charges tax)
- Chocolate Chip Energy Bars (Both Walmart and Amazon do not charge tax)
- Chocolate brownie (Only Walmart charges tax)
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch (Amazon doesn't charge tax, but this product is not available from Walmart website)

Update#1 : Amazon has just reduced the available quantity to my example product, so I have just removed the example, but the stack of S&S still works on other products as long as the total (before the S&S amount) is greater than or equal to $60.

Couple of things :
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) January, 31, 2018.
- Details : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/promotions/det ... H2CFX48IMZ
- You can stack with the Subscribe and Save if the total (before S&S amount) is equal or more than $60. However, the limitation is that you can only buy one product within the same S&S order with multiple quantities.
Last edited by lcmt on Jan 10th, 2018 3:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
41 replies
May 23, 2016
12 posts
7 upvotes
Bought one of the MuscleTech NitroTech Whey Protein Powder 4 Pound for $41.26 all in! Not a bad price at all! Thanks op
Feb 8, 2011
457 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Was hoping C4 Original might be included but doesn't look like, thanks anyways OP
Dec 26, 2017
2 posts
Hey bubs21, was the $20 discount applied to your NitroTech order?

The discount details page states that only products "sold by Amazon.ca or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.ca" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product detail page)" are eligible for discount.

The Nitrotech product isn't sold by Amazon.ca, just fulfilled.

Thanks for letting me know!
Mar 2, 2008
263 posts
160 upvotes
BC
The Clif bars that are on sale are a pretty good deal. 5 boxes without S&S is $60. Add the $20 discount, and it's $0.67/bar. I believe the Costco price is about $0.83/bar.
Sep 17, 2016
225 posts
83 upvotes
No carnitine or Citrulline or beta alanine on the list
May 23, 2016
12 posts
7 upvotes
CorroCSaves wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:13 am
Hey bubs21, was the $20 discount applied to your NitroTech order?

The discount details page states that only products "sold by Amazon.ca or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.ca" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product detail page)" are eligible for discount.

The Nitrotech product isn't sold by Amazon.ca, just fulfilled.

Thanks for letting me know!
Hi yes the discount was applied to my order. There was a buying option for this protein that was shipped and sold by Amazon. It didn't work for the buying option that was fulfilled by Amazon but sold by another company.
Feb 28, 2009
20 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
I have three flavours of the clif builder bars for a total of 63$, but the discount isn't applied. The bars are also in the products listed in OP. Am I missing something?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
3052 posts
3111 upvotes
Here are the one should qualify :
- Chocolate
- Vanilla Almond
- Chocolate Peanut Butter

Also, you will see the discount at the last page of the checkout when you see the summary of the charges.
yozyoz wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:38 pm
I have three flavours of the clif builder bars for a total of 63$, but the discount isn't applied. The bars are also in the products listed in OP. Am I missing something?
Last edited by lcmt on Jan 10th, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
1399 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
yozyoz wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:38 pm
Only Vanilla Almond and Choco PB builder bars qualify
Louis: Welcome to your first toddler pageant Stewie. Its what you do when you're in Texas.
Stewie: Oh lovely, a first class ticket to a semen stained death in the basement.
Feb 6, 2007
492 posts
93 upvotes
I'm getting taxes of $4.16 charged for 5 boxes of Clif. Should these not be taxable? $4.16 does not even equate to 13% HST.
Feb 28, 2009
20 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
silvery wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:48 pm
Only Vanilla Almond and Choco PB builder bars qualify
lcmt wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:12 pm
Here are the one should qualify :
- Chocolate
- Vanilla Almond
- Chocolate Peanut Butter

Also, you will see the discount at the last page of the checkout when you see the summary of the charges.
Thank you guys, I swapped the regular PB to Chocolate PB in my cart and the discount was properly applied afterwards. $45.81 total for 36 bars. Great deal!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
3052 posts
3111 upvotes
I don't know if it is taxable or not, but some does and some don't apparently. That's why you see it doesn't match the 13% HST charges. However, by looking at the favors, it is weird the tax charges is inconsistent. You may want to talk to Amazon CSR. If anyone already bought it from store, can you verify if there is any tax charges from the receipt ? Actually, if you have time, you can test if there is tax charges from Walmart website

Here is the favor they charge tax
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
- Chocolate Almond Fudge
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Coconut Chocolate Chip

Here is the favor they don't charge tax
- Chocolate brownie
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch

shopper_holic wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:48 am
I'm getting taxes of $4.16 charged for 5 boxes of Clif. Should these not be taxable? $4.16 does not even equate to 13% HST.
Last edited by lcmt on Jan 11th, 2018 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 16, 2012
30 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have two Vega powders on my order = $66 but no discount?
Is there a code?
How do we know which apply, it says sold by and shipped by amazon...

Thank you

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)