Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] [Sponsored] Prime Day is Back, Starting at 3 PM ET July 16 through July 17

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 9:35 am
[OP]
May 17, 2003
8133 posts
1901 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] [Sponsored] Prime Day is Back, Starting at 3 PM ET July 16 through July 17

This year, Prime Day will include more than one million deals worldwide.

• Prime members will enjoy 36 hours to shop our best deals across hot categories like TVs, smart home, kitchen, grocery, toys, fashion and furniture. It is also a great time to stock-up on back-to-school supplies and everyday essentials.
  • Prime Day will feature double the deals on Amazon devices.
  • Prime Day has expanded to 17 countries offering members in the U.S., U.K., Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, Belgium, Austria, China, India, Mexico and new this year Singapore, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Australia our best day of deals.
  • Prime members can shop hundreds of thousands of deals this Prime Day from small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon Launchpad, Amazon Handmade, Amazon Exclusives and more. Revenue generated from selling on Amazon on Prime Day empowers small businesses around the globe to reinvest in their local communities through creating new jobs and expanding local operations.
  • Prime Day will offer incredible deals on top of our already low prices across Amazon.
  • Members tell us every day how much they love Prime and we will keep making it even better.
Last edited by RedFlagDeals.com on Jul 6th, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
64 replies
Jun 21, 2018
36 posts
12 upvotes
No time to save money for Prime Day
Last edited by vahk33 on Jul 6th, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1316 posts
1057 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Prime members can shop hundreds of thousands of deals this Prime Day from small and medium-sized businesses
Oh god. Thousands of no name cheap Chinese and Ali Express products diluting the Prime Day listing pages and search as usual

*sighs*
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1627 posts
387 upvotes
Outside of the shipping perk, I have never been able to have any other advantages as a prime member. Their prime deals can never be searched, I can't have any alerts set up..useless. 99% of prime deals are in fact gargabe and can be gotten directly from AliExpress and the like, as someone has mentioned already.

Too bad, I guess we'll see what this round brings, it'd be nice to find a Bosch trim router for $80 ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
3988 posts
930 upvotes
Expect a ton of sales on such coveted items as...

USB cables
Oil diffusers
Hair dryers
No name cameras
Smartphone case after case after case after case & other exciting accessories
watches from brand names you can't pronounce
Dvds + blurays
a wide array of dollar store items with a +600% mark up
... then an O-K deal on something like an instant pot.

On slightly more serious note, the types of deals I've seen over the years that some people may be interested in...
Diaper discounts (a surprising number of people on here seem to love those)
144hz monitor and SSD deals
and Instant Pots

Can't think of much else.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
14590 posts
5306 upvotes
Oakville
RiCHC3 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 3:46 pm
Diaper discounts (a surprising number of people on here seem to love those)
Diapers are a huge expense for parents, man. Big discounts are a good thing. I feel like they did some Nest/Ecobee discounts for Prime day last year too. Those were tempting, but ultimately I decided to hold off (which was good, cuz then I got my free Ecobee a few months later :))
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1563 posts
308 upvotes
All the whiners complaining about cheap chinese junk, what do they expect, LG Oleds, Macbooks for a few 100 bucks? It is the inexpensive Chinese products that keeps inflation low and allows consumers in the West to afford stuff that they generally wouldn't/couldn't b4. A few examples, the gas spring desk mounts that use to cost over $150 easily just several years back are now selling for $30ish, and dual/triple monitor HDMI USB 3.0 docks that cost half for the same capability of expensive desktop video cards. All of this becus of made in China, make that in a Western country and all of these whiners will cry over their wallets. If the product is right for u, buy or don't, these retailers are not forcing you to. Once the global trade war goes full swing, see how bad prices get here and the same people will whine quietly to themselves why these Chinese junk cost so much now . . .
Sep 30, 2001
27075 posts
6001 upvotes
Toronto
I love Prime Day. Hopefully they'll put something special up like the larger Lego sets. Or cool socks.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Dec 23, 2015
173 posts
583 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Will this thread be updated with deals as they release?
I will hold off on thumbs up or down until reply
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12424 posts
475 upvotes
I wonder if aliexpress will have deals to steal some thunder from Amazon.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1627 posts
387 upvotes
I've ordered a few things from Aliexpress, the problem is the shipping time. The best thing was two sets of polarized lenses for my oakley sunglasses, they were $35 in total with shipping and all, they are in fact polarized and fit in fine for the Holbrooks. Oakley wanted $90 for 1 pair...
Feb 26, 2017
167 posts
58 upvotes
I’m waiting for a good deal on the GooBangDoo oil diffuser / wifi repeater.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4092 posts
4232 upvotes
Honestly, Amazon should consider to change the time next year. Either the event is on the weekend/holiday OR during AFTER regular office-hours. People will not have time to do any research or product searching during regular office hours. If it is too many deals need to post, then change from Prime Day to Prime Week and spread them across different days.
May 1, 2011
998 posts
866 upvotes
Halifax
astrotrain wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 7:29 pm
All the whiners complaining about cheap chinese junk, what do they expect, LG Oleds, Macbooks for a few 100 bucks? It is the inexpensive Chinese products that keeps inflation low and allows consumers in the West to afford stuff that they generally wouldn't/couldn't b4. A few examples, the gas spring desk mounts that use to cost over $150 easily just several years back are now selling for $30ish, and dual/triple monitor HDMI USB 3.0 docks that cost half for the same capability of expensive desktop video cards. All of this becus of made in China, make that in a Western country and all of these whiners will cry over their wallets. If the product is right for u, buy or don't, these retailers are not forcing you to. Once the global trade war goes full swing, see how bad prices get here and the same people will whine quietly to themselves why these Chinese junk cost so much now . . .
I am all for buying chinese made items. I think you missed the point of the complaints. It wasn't the fact that there were chinese made items for Prime day but that these items are not really on sale and can regularly be purchased for the prime day prices or less from AliExpress and other Chinese websites. The amount of these items make it difficult to search for items that are truly on sale and a good deal.