Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] [Sponsored] Prime Day is Back, Starting at 3 PM ET July 16 through July 17

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 9:35 am
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4360 posts
433 upvotes
Markham
Should move to shopping discussions
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10098 posts
1911 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 4:02 pm
Diapers are a huge expense for parents, man. Big discounts are a good thing. I feel like they did some Nest/Ecobee discounts for Prime day last year too. Those were tempting, but ultimately I decided to hold off (which was good, cuz then I got my free Ecobee a few months later :))
I know 2 years ago, my brother got crazy deals on the diapers, and they didn't limit them. The past year, the deals weren't as good and I think they put a limit.

As others said, last year, I bought maybe 3 items, nothing out of the ordinary for a normal Amazon week... the hype is huge but the deals i didn't think were so great.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1563 posts
308 upvotes
tdracer wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 7:31 am
I am all for buying chinese made items. I think you missed the point of the complaints. It wasn't the fact that there were chinese made items for Prime day but that these items are not really on sale and can regularly be purchased for the prime day prices or less from AliExpress and other Chinese websites. The amount of these items make it difficult to search for items that are truly on sale and a good deal.
I may have, bad day, but I see what some are saying. Trust me I am sick of seeing the same old phone and tablet holders every bloody single day on the lighting deals but it seems there is demand for this stuff (not from some of us) that is why they appear so consistently. I have been in China for a while, seen some interesting products there, some innovative that after months finally show up in Canada and other copy cats that are ok quality that drive down the price for many consumers in the West. I guess my point is demand and supply, there is a market for them clearly here that even on Prime or Boxing day they show up to saturate the lineup. Things like monitor mounts, robo vacs, rgb lighting strips, TV stands, BT alarm clocks, Headphone stands, desks, USB chargers, etc are a fraction of the costs that they use to be, can't imagine what the cost of these items would be if they were produced with Western labor wages, hence lower inflation and larger consumerism becus of supposedly Chinese junk
Aug 25, 2011
208 posts
74 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I'm in the US this Prime Day so I'll just grab the better deals
Feb 26, 2008
321 posts
232 upvotes
Surrey
If you're looking for deals on household items like furnace filters, fridge filters, etc....prime day does offer some great deals on those. As mentioned above, if you're looking for electronics to be heavily discounted, look elsewhere or at least be realistic about the discounts. Got a couple of lego sets and misc household items. I was pretty happy with what was offered. This prime day, all I'm really looking at is an instant pot. I suppose I could wait until boxing day or black friday but I have a need for one now so this fits in well.

I've had prime for a few years now and have used most of the perks...especially the shipping perks. Sometimes, I just don't buy to the threshold and other times, it just works out that there is same day delivery on an item I can't find locally.

Yes, there are a lot of "junk" on "special" pricing last year but I found that prime day offered some great deals. The cheaper stuff like a cell phone holder or dash cam that you can get on a regular sale, I just wonder if the vendors apply to be on those lightning deals to amazon. If they do, you can't really blame amazon for the "sales". I tend to avoid those anyways and really if you miss out on those "lightning deals", you can bet they'll resurface during the week again. Only lightning deals I am interested in are ones shipped and sold by amazon or from established companies (I don't know...Dr. Ho's, Dyson or something, you get the idea) and fulfilled by amazon. Those are really far and few.
Last edited by rancid82 on Jul 8th, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 17, 2018
201 posts
77 upvotes
The one thing I was hoping for from the sponsored post above that I didn't find was a specific deal for RFDers.
“Of this one thing make sure against your dying day – that your faults die before you do.” - Seneca
Oct 28, 2013
86 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I like Prime Day - they have good deals on every day stuff like batteries. I usually stock up on batteries of all sizes!
Jun 21, 2018
36 posts
12 upvotes
Is there a tendency to downvote Sponsored deals? How someone can downvote or upvote a deal which even didn't start?
Nov 21, 2017
555 posts
463 upvotes
vodka wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 10:11 pm
I've ordered a few things from Aliexpress, the problem is the shipping time. The best thing was two sets of polarized lenses for my oakley sunglasses, they were $35 in total with shipping and all, they are in fact polarized and fit in fine for the Holbrooks. Oakley wanted $90 for 1 pair...
What was the store and can they add prescription?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1627 posts
387 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 2:20 pm
What was the store and can they add prescription?
No idea about the prescription. This is the item, I bought these about 2 1/2 years ago.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1810 posts
371 upvotes
Gatineau
need a longer lightning cable, might buy one given that it's 25% off. Also it would be nice if they put anime blu-ray on sale.
Feb 11, 2018
790 posts
636 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 4:02 pm
Diapers are a huge expense for parents, man. Big discounts are a good thing. I feel like they did some Nest/Ecobee discounts for Prime day last year too. Those were tempting, but ultimately I decided to hold off (which was good, cuz then I got my free Ecobee a few months later :))
Diapers are expensive shit Face With Tears Of Joy
Paying less is only half the equation. The other half is buying less... ;)
Jan 22, 2003
195 posts
116 upvotes
I've started to notice some things going back up in price. Wonder if they'll magically be back "on sale" for the 16th.

Remember, Keepa and 3Camels are your friend! Don't believe the amazon hype!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1530 posts
843 upvotes
Laval, QC
Only brought some batteries when last prime day sales, even harder to find some good deals these days