Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] [Sponsored] Prime Day is Back, Starting at 3 PM ET July 16 through July 17

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 9:35 am
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
14596 posts
5310 upvotes
Oakville
helraiser wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 12:37 am
I've started to notice some things going back up in price. Wonder if they'll magically be back "on sale" for the 16th.

Remember, Keepa and 3Camels are your friend! Don't believe the amazon hype!
This is the biggest problem with prime day (same problem with "Singles Day" on AliExpress), specifically for the Chinese cheapo items. They jack up prices before the sale, and then have a prime day "sale price" that's the same as (or HIGHER than!) the regular price for the item.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18287 posts
4795 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I've been spending a lot less money on Amazon ever since they removed the flawed but still very useful discount filter from their searches out of nowhere. Seriously, I don't have time to look through 8 dozen pages of shoe racks or whatever I just want the one that's on sale.

Remember, "Sold by Amazon.ca" filter is your friend when shopping on Amazon now or during prime day. It really cuts down on the amount of AliExpress reselling garbage (which all must sell like hotcakes to some brain damaged segment of the population, even though they could order it from AliExpress/eBay directly for a fraction of the cost if they have their hearts really set on dangerous and defective consumer refuse).
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1563 posts
308 upvotes
I hope the fire hd 8 goes back to $60 on Prime day like was in March, pick up for parent to help her eyes on FB.
May 21, 2018
27 posts
21 upvotes
Prime Day is just a marketing tactic to get new Prime members. It's pretty overhyped.
Oct 17, 2012
334 posts
188 upvotes
Vancouver
Ever since the first Prime day that got over hyped and ended up being a huge let down, no one on rfd really believes in this...right?
Nov 16, 2012
33 posts
9 upvotes
Meh, can't be that bad right? I just bought a house and will be needing lots of random stuff over the next few months. I figured I would sign up now and take advantage of the deals on Monday even if they are mediocre.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18287 posts
4795 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
NotATimHortonsFan wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 7:16 pm
Prime Day is just a marketing tactic to get new Prime members. It's pretty overhyped.
The only things I bought last year were two price errors where the prime discount got applied twice in cart. Still, hope for the best... I read they increased fees again for sellers to put up useless "lightning deals" on prime day so I hope this at least discourages the chinese sellers a little bit from flooding the site with garbage.
May 13, 2016
131 posts
156 upvotes
GTA
wearysky wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 4:02 pm
Diapers are a huge expense for parents, man. Big discounts are a good thing. I feel like they did some Nest/Ecobee discounts for Prime day last year too. Those were tempting, but ultimately I decided to hold off (which was good, cuz then I got my free Ecobee a few months later :))
Seriously. One and done product. And once you find the right ones that fit and don't blow out, you always buy those. Hard to bargain hunt when that's the case.
So easy, even I can do it.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3199 posts
480 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
sunnysidesolutions wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 12:35 am
Ever since the first Prime day that got over hyped and ended up being a huge let down, no one on rfd really believes in this...right?
Of course they do. The same people who think Black Friday is still worth a damn.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
2758 posts
1101 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
BinaryJay wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 10:22 am
I've been spending a lot less money on Amazon ever since they removed the flawed but still very useful discount filter from their searches out of nowhere. Seriously, I don't have time to look through 8 dozen pages of shoe racks or whatever I just want the one that's on sale.

Remember, "Sold by Amazon.ca" filter is your friend when shopping on Amazon now or during prime day. It really cuts down on the amount of AliExpress reselling garbage (which all must sell like hotcakes to some brain damaged segment of the population, even though they could order it from AliExpress/eBay directly for a fraction of the cost if they have their hearts really set on dangerous and defective consumer refuse).
Please don't insult Ontario Voters this Year.
---
Koodo Long Term Customer!
Self Employed: Youtube, Sites, Server Administrator, and more. I enjoy just getting my hands on anything if I can do it from home.
Enjoyments: ATVing, Northern Living, Online Shopping, Being Social Active.
Aug 27, 2017
25 posts
7 upvotes
Anyone know if ps4 game pre orders go on sale? I missed the e3 sale :(
Mar 13, 2017
308 posts
60 upvotes
While Prime Day is a promo for having Prime and not everything is on great sales, there are particular items that simply do not go lower than they do on Prime Day. Instant Pots are one of those items. I've got my eye on a couple of those and with the $25 promo and the $10 Prime video promo, on top of whatever sales they have (potentially lowest price of the year for some models, as they have been other years), I do think this day has its uses. Interested to see how it stacks up. $35 off + potential low prices. Not bad.
Jun 2, 2007
367 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
so I signed up for one month free prime member ship and downloaded prime video app
Today I got an email $10 off on $20 purchase for using the prime video
credit will be applied on ships from and sold by Amazon.ca product
credit must be used by July 27th.
Rogers: $60 10GB | Garmin VivoActive3 | Runner |