Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection w/Pre-order Bonus (PS4/Switch/XB1) - $44.99 for Prime members

Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
2090 posts
2413 upvotes
Toronto
Glad I pulled my preorder two days ago for this title.
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2002
5287 posts
3345 upvotes
I've played about 30 online matches with the switch version and for the most part it plays great. I've had 4-6 matches that had some lag. I attribute this to people using wireless on the switch that isn't a great connection.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2397 posts
2724 upvotes
I can't believe they are selling this game in retail...how did this crap pass QA?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4212 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Don't worry folks, in about 12 to 24 months they'll publish an Arcade version which will finally be stable...
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2565 posts
1642 upvotes
GTA
These ports are based of the original arcade ROM's hence that's why they feel different then USF4 for XBONE and 3S for PS3 that were crossovers. These are direct arcade rips thats why they don't feel as smooth. Change the input lag to 1 (from the default 3) for better online gaming. Netcode and servers are wonky that's why you are getting disconnections.

So far the Nintendo SWITCH has the best working port of this game. They felt like Aracde ports when I played them because I also have Fightcade on my PC with the ROMS and the gameplay feels the same. But its quite different for anyone that played the older titles on XBONE or PS3. SF4 coming to those in a week or 2. Don't panic.

Still boding ppl in SFV and having them RQ on me in ranked so I get my LOL's there. That's pretty much all I can say at the moment.
Oct 29, 2010
366 posts
340 upvotes
Ottawa
Jotamide wrote:

Don't say I didn't warn you.
With my experience of meeting quality control checklists on various platforms... I am surprised that this got through.
Nov 24, 2016
60 posts
54 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: I can't believe they are selling this game in retail...how did this crap pass QA?
I've worked in game development, software development and web development and it doesn't have to pass QA. QA finds the issues for development to fix. Specifically for game development, devs (and QA) have a deadlines to hit. Submissions for certain release dates for example. For some projects they may delay release if stakeholders/management deems it worthwhile to take more time to either develop more or fix what is flagged by QA. In other situations stakeholders shut down projects (usually earlier stages of development) and in other situations they ship it. Day one patches can already be planned if they want to hit a release day. This is because at certain times of the year have queues to be certified by first party and it can costs more money to delay the release. They would also lose money in other situations.

tl;dr version... QA finds it, devs fix it, stakeholders/producers decide if devs should even fix it.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4212 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
adv02adskdd wrote: tl;dr version... QA finds it, devs fix it, stakeholders/producers decide if devs should even fix it.
I guess Capcom management decided that being able to pay salaries was worth more than their reputation, which makes sense in the short term but might kill them in the medium to long term.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14352 posts
15708 upvotes
Oil Country
Amazon goofed on the preorder bonus code. They were supposed to send us a bonus code to download Ultra Street Fighter IV for free from the Playstation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace, but they forgot to. I think they sorted out the issue and are finally sending out the codes now. If you preordered from Amazon.ca, keep an eye out on your email.

I actually contacted Amazon support right after I received the game a few weeks back, and they sent me a code within 12 hours. Then just now, they sent me another code which I ended up giving to the nephews. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Nov 22, 2004
583 posts
379 upvotes
It's available on all platforms! Oh wait, it's because they're just milking us on repackaged old arcade games. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4212 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
puckhead wrote: It's available on all platforms! Oh wait, it's because they're just milking us on repackaged old arcade games. :)
You have to hand it to them. They found a pay to introduce hundreds of bugs in repackaged games, not many development teams could claim this extraordinary achievement.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)